• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Armed Avacado

Second Lieutenant
48 Badges
Mar 23, 2018
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
One line summary of your issue
[3.3.5.1] [SOHY] CTD after restoring internet connection

Game Version

What expansions do you have installed?
Sons of Abraham, The Republic, Legacy of Rome

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Note that the listed DLCs are installed but not activated from the launcher. The DLCs have never been activated for any of this game.

Often, after my laptop hibernates while a resource-hungry program such as CK2 is left running, it will lose connection to the internet. I've learned that something happens to the wireless network adapter such that no signals can be found, and I can fix it by disabling and re-enabling the wireless adapter via the device manager.

After re-establishing a connection, I try to play CK2 again and sometimes the game crashes. It does not crash every time the internet reconnects, but every time it does crash, it happens soon after I fix the internet.

Before the first crash, I started playing the game while the connection was re-establishing (it takes 10-20 seconds).

Before the second crash, I left CK2 minimized for some time. I was able to use my browser for several minutes. Then I went back to CK2 and was able to play around while the game was paused: pan the map, right-click provinces to open character pages, follow links to view other character pages, etc. After I unpaused, a couple of in-game days passed and then the game crashed.

A different PDS game, Stellaris, has crashed numerous times in circumstances similar to the first example (tried to play while internet was in the process of reconnecting.) I have not noticed the second example happening with Stellaris, but now I will pay more attention. I leave a short description in the crash reporter that automatically pops up after every crash.

Steps to reproduce the issue.
1. Ensure wireless adapter is functioning and internet connection established
2. Start running Crusader Kings 2
3. Leave the game minimized and put the computer to sleep (close the lid)
4. Open the laptop, log in, and observe failed connection
5. Open the device manager. Observe warning indicator next to wireless network adapter. Disable the device.
6. Wait a few seconds. Enable the device.
7. Alt-tab into Crusader Kings 2
8. Unpause and observe crash

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• logs.zip
    233,1 KB · Views: 0
  • 1074_10_24.ck2
    57,5 MB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
IF you need tech support, then you have to post there.
IF it's just a bug report, then i'm not sure that the report will get the attention here you might hope for, but i dont know
and would still recommend to contact tech support instead.

Last edited:
I don't need tech support for myself. It's a minor inconvenience for me.

I'm posting to alert the devs about the issue. Considering how it happens in both CK2 and Stellaris, there might be a wider problem: Could it be the launcher? The multiplayer servers? I'm not sure.

Would tech support be a better subforum?

I don't need tech support for myself. It's a minor inconvenience for me.

I'm posting to alert the devs about the issue. Considering how it happens in both CK2 and Stellaris, there might be a wider problem: Could it be the launcher? The multiplayer servers? I'm not sure.

Would tech support be a better subforum?

Well you should still get a reaction at tech support, be it in the respective subforum
or when submitting a ticket at support https://support.paradoxplaza.com/hc/en-us
so you will know it as at least somehow gets recognised.

Contrary to that i'm not sure if the bug report suborum for CK2 gets still watched regularly by the gods of the olymp, so to speak,
hence my second suggestion. Seeing that this thread got viewed 46 times right now, it might be, but who knows.

• 1Like
Reactions: