• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Arrnea

Meatbag Exterminator
67 Badges
Jun 30, 2008
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • 500k Club
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Surviving Mars
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Magicka
  • Prison Architect
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Sword of the Stars
One line summary of your issue
[3.1.0] Pagan Lodge Gives Distant Loot Mission

Game Version

What expansions do you have installed?
All of the above

Do you have mods enabled?
Yes, but none that affect the checksum.

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Random mission from the Pagan Warrior Lodge to loot a county is supposed to give counties that are adjacent to or near you. The last few missions I've gotten in my current playthrough have all been counties in the southeast of France - I'm Lithuania (and more recently, the Wendish Empire) and have no territory anywhere near there.

Steps to reproduce the issue.
Load the save, take note of my territory and take note of where the Band of Medeina loot mission is.

Upload Attachment
024c0333e5.png

Seriously, does nothing in this game work right? :mad:

Attachments

• Ironman_Lithuania.ck2
    18 MB · Views: 8
Upvote 0
You know, whenever I want a laugh, I revisit threads with bugs that are still unsolved and unacknowledged like this one.

942a032caf.png

Or like this one:

Paradox Development Studio QA is truly the gift that keeps on giving. :rolleyes:

I can confirm that this situation still exists in 3,2.1, but is it a bug? Where is it stated that the target for a lodge raiding mission has to be adjacent or "near" your realm? And if "near" just means within diplomatic range, well Nice is "near" Lithuania.

I can confirm that this situation still exists in 3,2.1, but is it a bug? Where is it stated that the target for a lodge raiding mission has to be adjacent or "near" your realm? And if "near" just means within diplomatic range, well Nice is "near" Lithuania.

I make the assumption that this is a bug based on the fact that in pretty much every other situation I've been given a raid target that is within a county or two of the borders of my realm (if not directly bordering it) and which I don't have to march halfway across Europe to get at.

Not that Paradox likely gives a f**k.

I make the assumption that this is a bug based on the fact that in pretty much every other situation I've been given a raid target that is within a county or two of the borders of my realm (if not directly bordering it) and which I don't have to march halfway across Europe to get at.

Not that Paradox likely gives a f**k.

My experience has been that as my realm gets larger and more powerful, the targets for the raiding mission tend to get more distant. That's why I hadn't thought of it as a bug. But I'm certainly not sure that it isn't.

Cv3LyTV.jpg

I'm not sure of the details of your ruler (I haven't loaded up the save), but if you are of Germanic religion, a reformed religion with the Seafaring doctrine, or are a seafarer* then the distance limit of the mission is multiplied by 5 (!) so maybe that has something to do with it?

*Cultures defined as seafarers are Norse, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Norman, and Berber.

I'm not sure of the details of your ruler (I haven't loaded up the save), but if you are of Germanic religion, a reformed religion with the Seafaring doctrine, or are a seafarer* then the distance limit of the mission is multiplied by 5 (!) so maybe that has something to do with it?

*Cultures defined as seafarers are Norse, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Norman, and Berber.

I was a Lithuanian Romuva, so no this is not applicable.