• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
will the new patch be savegame compatible, as was the case with previous patches? im still about to finish my first full grand campaign and giving it up is not really an option for me :(

Then simply create a copy of the game directory somewhere else on your hard drive, and then run the game from that. Given the amount of changes coming, it'd be safe to assume that save files won't be compatible.

"Plot to revoke titles from vassals" - YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome. I've always felt (much like Todd Howard) that the best way to decide what to patch was to watch what the modders address, seems like Paradox is watching and being very intelligent regarding this.

So, we've got:
- Improved Crusades and military actions (grouping)
- More events
- More interesting traits
- Plotting improvements
- Cause of deaths!

Friends and rivals! Thats something i missed from CKI!

Awesome. I've always felt (much like Todd Howard) that the best way to decide what to patch was to watch what the modders address, seems like Paradox is watching and being very intelligent regarding this.

So, we've got:
- Improved Crusades and military actions (grouping)
- More events
- More interesting traits
- Plotting improvements
- Cause of deaths!

And dynamic kingdoms.

Hey Johan/Paradox! I was always a fan simply because of the awesome games, but never realized you were such an awesome company. Thanks for being great developers in so many ways (as this extensive Dev Diary... for a bunch of new stuff... for free... demonstrates).

I am still affraid of those new crusades and dynamic kingdoms - this time I can only say that I couldn't imagine better improvements than those which are written as 1.05 Development diary 3/3...

I also hope that my saved games would still work after new patch...

Hello !

Thank you very much for these development diaries.

I'm moderator on a french historical strategy games fansite(it includes several grand strategy games as EU3, HOI3, CK2, Vic2, many french players love Paradox games ;)), and i report and translate all news about these games for our community.

When will be possible to know the complete changelog of the 1.05 patch ?

Thank you again and sorry for my bad english...

EDIT
Link removed. See the forum-rules, about direct linking to another forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reading the Saltborn-AAR reminds me, that they really have to change the way, levies work and "regenerate".

It is just laughable, that you destroy an enemy army just to make him stronger.

Levies should only start to regenerate after the contingent of the holding is dissolved (either being send home or destroyed) and if a contingent gets destroyed, there should be a penalty (like -50% on regeneration for a time). An additional opinion penalty for the Vassal, that owns the holding would also be a good idea, I think.

Last edited:
Actually, there ARE duels in game. During the feast there is a probability of duel between two guests... but it happens rarely. :)

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that. I hope that duels will be included in the enemies events chain, though.

Reading the Saltborn-AAR reminds me, that they really have to change the way, levies work and "regenerate". It is just laughable, that you destroy an enemy army just to make him stronger. Levies should only start to regenerate after the contingent of the holding is dissolved (either being send home or destroyed) and if a contingent gets destroyed, there should be a penalty (like -50% on regeneration for a time). An additional opinion penalty for the Vassal, that owns the holding would also be a good idea, I think.

I think a nice simple 85% regeneration penalty while you're at war would probably fix this problem. It's not like you need to rely on levies anyway. I mean, as long as you have the cash, you can build an entire doomstack instantaneously out of just mercenaries.