• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You are a God among men for making this program! :O

Sorry if praise is not a good reason to thread necro... I just saw 2009 on the post above and thought it was recent enough to post in.

How can you change the output folder?

It tells me I cannot access /savegames/pic or whatever it is, the program can't create the folder because of Data Execution Prevention or whatnot. :(

How can you change the output folder?

It tells me I cannot access /savegames/pic or whatever it is, the program can't create the folder because of Data Execution Prevention or whatnot. :(

Under Debug option did you select the correct folder where your CK copy is located?

Yes. It works if I de-select "show pictures". If I try and make it show pictures it gets an error because it's trying to create the picture folder in a forbidden folder (due to DEP).

Yes. It works if I de-select "show pictures". If I try and make it show pictures it gets an error because it's trying to create the picture folder in a forbidden folder (due to DEP).

Hi,

Then you must have rights to create this folder... Maybe run program as administrator?

H.

Hi,

Would love to use this utility, but keep getting the error message below. If i contine through the error message and try to create a file, it goes through the motions but then says that no character for that ID exists, when I know it does. Also, the CK directory path keeps being re-set to blank. The same happens on both my WIN XP 32 bit and Vista 64 systems.

"Microsoft. NET Framework

Unhandled exception error has ocurred in your application. If you click Contine, the application will ignore this error....

Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

It works on Subterranean's original - so I know it's not a NET 2.0 problem - but I'd really like to use this upated version. Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks

Black Douglas

my friend just gave me his code for this game, its so fun! was really looking forward to seeing a giant family tree of my dynasty. the link isnt working though. can anybody re-upload it plz

Well was hoping to grab this, but it appears the link was down, anybody know of a backup location?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see this is for Vanilla CK, and the origional App was for DV

Last edited:
@metalguy: You are doing sth. wrong then. The correct link http://www.gamefront.com/files/13640069/CK_FTM_exe/ still works fine.

Hi Hinco,

I absolutely love your program, it's a very nice addition to the feeling (and especially worthy if you enjoy doing AARs of your campaigns).

Still, one question: Would it be possible to gain access to the sourcecode for this program? I'd be interested as I'm currently doing somewhat similar work for a university project (programming-side) and am interested how you approached some of the issues. Plus, I'd like to twiddle with the GEDCOM exporter a bit. While it works fine with GenoPro, it doesn't for almost any other tool, simply because it doesn't stick with the GEDCOM standard (mainly in regards of pictures). Those would only require minor tweaks, but as I'm already using other Geno-software I'd like to stick with it instead of having to switch to GenoPro, which has those stupid trial-limitations as well.

best regards
tHy