• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

AVKulapin

Recruit
Nov 12, 2019
Hi.
I have a problem linking the new city type (dragons, fairies and giants) to the model. The city looks like purple construction with a large question mark.
The original idea was to create or build a new dwelling on the map. I couldn't think of anything better than copying ready settler of other race and prescribing the needed race. The settler was supposed to be summoned by a spell.
Maybe someone has already solved a similar problem or knows a more elegant solution.
I would appreciate it.

I created a functional dwelling quite recently looking like this.

226840_screenshots_20200412182625_1.jpg

Dependable on what you want to achieve I can point you to the correct rpk to fully set up a new dwelling. But according to your post you are trying to involve settlers and go for a new race which is little more work than it sounds. You intend to spawn your dwelling through level generator and make it functional throughout the level editor?

I will return with an answer tomorrow as Im not by computer at moment.

So in the mod editor the main rpk you are looking for to set up your dwellings is the following:

Aow_CityProperties.rpk = To link your structures in the dwelling link data
RaceLogic.rpk = To enable a race link to the dwelling in race definitions
GameConcepts.rpk = To link your dwelling in the Tome of Wonders in Game Concepts
Aow_UnitProperties.Rpk = Set up abilities etc, Create a race requisite for your dwelling in the "Requisite Race & General"
Dwelling.Rpk = Find everything here and link them with each other. Create new entries, duplicate or modify the original entries for either "Giant & dragon & fairy" I figure you melt them together or something.

Aow_UnitGiants.RpK, AowUnitDragons.rpk,Fairies.rpk = From there look in the setting of unit sets and link them together as the current entries.
Aow_LevelGenerator.rpk = Here go down to "Structures, Pickup, Player Spawns and add your own entries by looking at current Dwelling then go to "Player Classes, Races, Units" and add your "race" to the list by linking it as the others like "Giant".
Diplomacy.rpk = Then in Diplomacy settings link specific here "AoW Diplomacy Setting" in "Randomized Alignment" and add your race entry there. Should be 15 in vanilla with expansions.

To create units and what else I suggest you read the mod guide to get more insight on how to do that.

Thank you for an answer!
I set myself a more trivial task of creating new dwellings during a scenario or campaign mission. That's why I wrote that there might be an easier way to implement the task.
First I decided to adapt the dreadnought skill to create a tower that blocks magic. But I didn't find where to replace the tower itself with a random dwelling as a result.
Then I decided to make a spell at the summon of the settler and change his race to a dragon, fairy, or giant. This worked, the settler establishes a city, but there is no suitable model for the city and I can't find how to attach it, although all buildings and units are loaded correctly.