• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If it works then go ahead. If it breaks then you can undo it without worry. And good thinking to test on your sandbox page.

My approach to html stems from the EU3 wiki which had a lot of html tables that were impossible to understand. I was fortunate enough to find an online converter to wiki script. nevertheless, this is the difference between the two versions. http://www.eu3wiki.com/index.php?title=Artillery&type=revision&diff=16913&oldid=16196, or http://www.eu3wiki.com/index.php?title=Infantry&type=revision&diff=16934&oldid=15973

had a lot of html tables that were impossible to understand

I wouldn't say impossible, but I am used to it. The wiki table however, while requiring a lot more scrolling, is definitely much easier to read and edit.
HTML tables are easiest to read if all data is the same length in each column, as then it all lines up. If not, it can be pretty tedious.

When giving the dimensions to a building, it's a bit more difficult to count squares with a water structure, or some other odd ones.

Right now I am wondering about the Multi-platform stations, as the tracks stick out a bit. You can run a road alongside the building and connect to the first track (but can't continue as they are too close together). So do I count the space the tracks take? Or just to the end of the building? If you were to plop it down, you do need the space for the tracks.

20170520010551_1.jpg

So is this 16 wide along Kent Street? Or 20 counting the tracks?

Any progress on:

View attachment 258429

A city, or part of a city. A feature of the design of the city. Not a mod or asset. "Painting a city."
If I were to create something and take a screenshot of it to use in the wiki to explain something visually. This is different than a simple image of a button or icon. (Though it might be treated the same.)

What happens when someone creates a city and has videos of it on Youtube? I would presume it would be similar to that.
Or screenshots used in a guide on Steam. That would be even more similar. (I had been thinking about that too, but right now just for the purposes of the wiki.)

People post screenshots here in the forum as well. (I don't know if each of these use cases are considered differently or not.)

In that sense, the way I see it, the game is not really different than a pencil, paintbrush, or camera. A tool to create with. But I am not a copyright lawyer.

I'm not sure if I am even going to get around to doing it, but if I do, I would like to know what to do. :)

At the moment, I can't remember what it was specifically that I wanted to do. o_O

Generic answer should be enough. Do Youtubers own the copyright to their videos, or Paradox?
Creating something (city/highway/road/whatever layout) in game and taking a screenshot should not be any different than what they are doing.

I thought I posted this a few days ago, but apparently not.

The "Trains" scenario from "Mass Transit" has a bonus associated with it, and I had wondered about adding in what the bonus was, but masked as a spoiler, so those who wanted to could unmask it and see what the bonus was, and those that did not wish to know could simply leave it hidden.

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Spoilers

Apparently stuff has to be installed to make the tags work. I don't know if this is something worth bothering to do or not.

I wouldn't consider it a spoiler due to someone not having the DLC, more just someone might want to know about the scenario, but perhaps not want to know what the "bonus" is. Not that the bonus is particularly special in this case.

i've done the scenario and want to know what the bonus is. you keep mentioning it and i'm just wondering if i missed something obvious. i suppose i could just google it.

I felt some people may want to know, which is why I wanted to add it to the wiki.

I also thought that some might want to discover it on their own, as the game does not tell you until you achieve it. Not that it is really anything special anyway. (I found it very anti-climatic.)

So here is the "challenge" in the "Trains!" scenario:

trains scenario story message 20170622005730_1.jpg

The reward (spoiler):

trains scenario bonus 20170720065256_1.jpg

I put it on the wiki.

I added "Concerts" to the {{Expansion navbox}}. I put it in under "expansions" (it has been described as a "mini-expansion"), but if you think it belongs in "Other" or whatever, go ahead and move it. It does sound a bit small to be grouped in with the likes of AD/SF/ND/MT.

it should probably be with Match Day and the Panda thing.

thanks for the info about the extra challenge; i don't feel like i missed out on anything now :)

it should probably be with Match Day and the Panda thing.

I'm not really certain what the criteria is for each category. "Match Day" and "Pearls From the East" were both free.
In the {{Expansion navbox}}, "Match Day" was categorized "Other" and "Pearls From the East" was categorized as "Cosmetic".

On:
http://www.skylineswiki.com/Downloadable_content
SolSys has moved it from "Expansions" (where I put it, as it was described as a "mini-expansion") to "Flavor Packs".
I'm not exactly sure what the definition of a "flavor pack" is, but it is in there with "Match Day", and it does seem more appropriate than "Expansions", so I agree with the move.

thanks for the info about the extra challenge; i don't feel like i missed out on anything now :)

It is certainly not worth replaying the scenario just to find out what it is. I had around ₡10,400,000 at the time, so the bonus ₡ was not really anything to get excited about. A secret building unlock would have been cool.

The current {{Expansion navbox}}

dlc navbox.png

Although small, there are some mechanics and policies associated with "Concerts", so it seems closest to "Match Day" and "Stadiums". One is in "Cosmetic", the other in "Other".
"Stadiums" is cosmetic I suppose, since the mechanics/policies were added with "Match Day". My conclusion is "other" is the correct place to put "Concerts".

On that note, I think that the "Deluxe Upgrade Pack" should probably be in "Cosmetic" instead of "Other".

Okay. So I went ahead and changed it. I think this is more appropriate. If not, change it. :)

navbox concerts other.png

Downside is "Cosmetic" is getting wide.