• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
the map itself has to be European, not your districts. you can only select this option before you start the map (the map itself has to be European themed) and this cannot be changed afterwards. you'll need this mod that unlocks all buildings if you want to use the European buildings in your current game

they are when you use the mod

surely they can infer what people want added to the game by seeing how many people subscribe to certain mods

Reactions:
I uploaded this (with more transparent areas in the crane:
cargo_hub_106x83.png

To replace this:
20170418011009_Cargo_hub.png

two cargo hubs.png

But it looks like it was not replaced?

cargo hub looks just as bad.png

Does the wiki not update the image automatically? Or am I missing something here?

When putting images up on the wiki, you state that Paradox owns the copyright, or that you made it.

Obviously a logo or icon from the game would go to Paradox. You did not create anything, you just cut it out.

If you create something in Cities Skylines, and take a screenshot of it, does it make it yours (as you created it), or Paradox (as it was created with the game)?
I would think you would be the one, as the creator, and CS is simply the tool (like a paintbrush or camera) used to create it. (I realize of course, that when putting it on the wiki, you would be releasing it into the Public Domain.)

Any screenshots uploaded to the wikis are classed with the Paradox copyright. My guess is because they contain content which PDX retains under their copyright, be it icons, 3d designs, or just features of the engine. I am not a copyright lawyer and would prefer someone official to comment on this, perhaps @TinyWiking ?

I've tried to formulate an answer but I'm finding it quite hard :p. Just to get it clear, when you say "create something in Cities Skylines", do you mean a city or do you mean a mod?

I've tried to formulate an answer but I'm finding it quite hard :p. Just to get it clear, when you say "create something in Cities Skylines", do you mean a city or do you mean a mod?

wiki file upload license options.png

A city, or part of a city. A feature of the design of the city. Not a mod or asset. "Painting a city."
If I were to create something and take a screenshot of it to use in the wiki to explain something visually. This is different than a simple image of a button or icon. (Though it might be treated the same.)

What happens when someone creates a city and has videos of it on Youtube? I would presume it would be similar to that.
Or screenshots used in a guide on Steam. That would be even more similar. (I had been thinking about that too, but right now just for the purposes of the wiki.)

People post screenshots here in the forum as well. (I don't know if each of these use cases are considered differently or not.)

In that sense, the way I see it, the game is not really different than a pencil, paintbrush, or camera. A tool to create with. But I am not a copyright lawyer.

I'm not sure if I am even going to get around to doing it, but if I do, I would like to know what to do. :)

Last edited:
I noticed the HTML line break tag <BR> used in some tables (some by me, some not).

http://www.skylineswiki.com/Unique_buildings
Appears several times in the header for the table. (not me)
Used where there are multiple unlocking requirements. (me for at least some, possibly all me)

http://www.skylineswiki.com/Service_buildings
Appears several times in the header for the table. (not me)
Used where there are multiple "notes". (me for at least some, possibly all me)

Would it be appropriate to use {{clear}} there as well?
I did a test of it in my sandbox, and it appears to work the same. I can't be sure there won't be unintended consequences that I am not aware of, so I figured I would ask if it should be recommended practice there.