Cities: Skylines - Sunset Harbor Dev Diary #1: Fishing Industry

Cities: Skylines - Sunset Harbor Dev Diary #1: Fishing Industry

• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

YertyL

First Lieutenant
18 Badges
Jun 9, 2016
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris
Having had the opportunity to test fishing a bit, I would first like to give very positive feedback: Fishing feels like a nice, "natural" option to further diversify your industry (I currently have almost zero zoned industry, which I love), it seems useful but not overpowered, and fish market and fish factory IMO nicely blend into your standard low density zoning. You are also naturally encouraged to fish different fish types via the terrain -- all nicely done in my eyes.

However, I did encounter some new questions: the fish factory seems pretty straightforward, it produces 8000 units of commercial goods, which puts it roughly on par with a medium unique factory. But what does the fish market do exactly? Does it satisfy commercial need? What is the green radius -- happiness, health, something else? Is it more efficient to process goods in the fish factory or to sell them directly, and by how much? What is the maximal number of fish units the market can sell, and to which amount of commercial goods does that correspond?
The fish market might benefit from a more detailed description, either in-game or at least on the wiki.

Last edited:

Cieran

Private
12 Badges
Mar 29, 2017
  • Magicka 2
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
Looking for some clarification... the tooltips for the fish farms say that Fish can also be exported, but when I have more fishing capacity than a Fish Market and FishFactory can handle, they fill up and give the 'Not Enough Buyers' warning and never export the Fish. Is Fish supposed to get exported or no?

Mch-Mono

Corporal
Mar 29, 2020
They should add some sort of cold storage or allow warehouses to store fish , to act as buffer just like original INDUSTRIES

Cieran

Private
12 Badges
Mar 29, 2017
  • Magicka 2
They should add some sort of cold storage or allow warehouses to store fish , to act as buffer just like original INDUSTRIES
I'm already working on and testing a Fishing Industries revamp pack to more fully develop the supply chain with Industries DLC integration, which will include a Cold Storage Warehouse for Fish. ;)

Hoping to have it ready for release in the next few days.

Mch-Mono

Corporal
Mar 29, 2020
I'm already working on and testing a Fishing Industries revamp pack to more fully develop the supply chain with Industries DLC integration, which will include a Cold Storage Warehouse for Fish. ;)

Hoping to have it ready for release in the next few days.
Well , i am on PS4 but still good job :(

Cieran

Private
12 Badges
Mar 29, 2017
  • Magicka 2
I can manage too make it work just like INDUSTRIES , but that would make it a bit easier :cool:
Honestly, it would be amazing if CO would just update warehouses from Industries DLC so that you can also select raw resources from the dropdown menu (Crops, Oil, Ore, Lumber, and now Fish). That would solve that problem for console players and reduce the annoyance factor in developing content for the workshop.

Mch-Mono

Corporal
Mar 29, 2020
Honestly, it would be amazing if CO would just update warehouses from Industries DLC so that you can also select raw resources from the dropdown menu (Crops, Oil, Ore, Lumber, and now Fish). That would solve that problem for console players and reduce the annoyance factor in developing content for the workshop.
Those options are in game already exept fish , generic industry even use planed timber and plastic . Fish products as unique good would be way better and having policy of banning import /export could solve most problems

Cieran

Private
12 Badges
Mar 29, 2017
  • Magicka 2
There are warehouse options for the raw resources but they are hard coded, meaning you can't select them from the drop down menu. So you can't use the regular 4 warehouses to store Crops, for instance. That's what I wish they would add functionality for.

Mch-Mono

Corporal
Mar 29, 2020
There are warehouse options for the raw resources but they are hard coded, meaning you can't select them from the drop down menu. So you can't use the regular 4 warehouses to store Crops, for instance. That's what I wish they would add functionality for.
To have extra function of industry specific storage like silo or oil tank , ok i get it now

Keltia_Vikinga

Major
14 Badges
Mar 6, 2015
cimfrance.blogspot.com
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
Yes, I came here to talk about this and I can only second that !