Cities: Skylines (Steam) - When loading a save or starting a new game, i get an error report saying some part of memory could not be read.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ludvigpujsek

Recruit
7 Badges
Feb 22, 2021
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
Describe your issue
When loading a save or starting a new game, i get an error report saying some part of memory could not be read.

What is your game version?
1.13.1-f1

What expansions do you have installed?
Snowfall, Natural Disasters, Mass Transit, Green Cities, Industries

What mods are you using?
All disabled

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Its not the same every time, but i either get the "access denied"-crash, or the "The instruction at 0x00007FF793A99722 referenced memory at 0x0000000000000010. The memory could not be read. This happens at a seemingly random point during the loading of the world.

Can you replicate the issue? If yes, please explain how you did it.
Quite simple... load a world or create a new one. I have attached both the error log from the described crash (the one with the memory error), and the one with the "access denied"-error. And no, i am not using Citrix workspace (this was a suggested issue in a forum thread).

Attachments File(s) attached

Attachments

• error described issue.log
    34,6 KB · Views: 0
  • error a few weeks prior - might be same issue.log
    35 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
79% memory in use.
16322 MB physical memory [3355 MB free].
23322 MB paging file [252 MB free].
The game has run out of available memory, and Windows has exhausted its swap space. Please:

- expand your Windows paging file maximum size to 32gb
- unsubscribe from any mods and assets you don't actually need or use - they all consume memory all the time, even when not in use in the current city
- exit every other app you can before starting the game.

Good luck with that!

Thx, i will try that. The reason that i haven't done that yet (currently using pagefile of 7GB) is because it would run fine on my (very old) win 8 laptop that had same size pagefile and same amount of ram, with all mods enabled and so on :)
Thx for the quick response, i will see what happens

Just tried it out and it works
Thanks a lot man... sorry for not doing this myself earlier, i just didn't think that it would be a problem since it used to run fine with a similar config on my old computer.
Thanks for the help :D