• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kvayan

Recruit
26 Badges
Jul 10, 2019
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
Description
UI and Text blurry @2k resolution

What is your game version?
1.12.1-f2

What expansions do you have installed?
All of the above
What mods are you using?
none

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
The UI cannot work at 2k resolution.
All texts are blurry.
The only way that make the game display normal is changing the resolution to 1080p and windowed.
But the texts and UI are too small to read.
All mods had been disabled!

Can you replicate the issue? If yes, please explain how you did it.
Of course...
I've tried reinstall the game or systerm.
It still has that issue.
And more, I found a lot of people have the same issue since 2016 till now.
What's worst is that i found other games from you guys have the same issue (stellaris)

Attachments

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    1,4 MB · Views: 74
  • 1.png
    1.png
    1,4 MB · Views: 75
  • 2.png
    2.png
    1,3 MB · Views: 75
  • 1.png
    1.png
    1,4 MB · Views: 61
Upvote 0
Hi. I have the same issue with the base game (without DLC or any mods). I have resolution 2560x1440 of my main monitor and OS DPI scaling of 125%. Game engine seems co diplay UI correctly only in 1080p resolution, but with my native monitor resolution all in-game text become blurry and somewhat uncomfortable to read.

Attachments

• Cities_skylines_fullscreen.png
    Cities_skylines_fullscreen.png
    1,6 MB · Views: 0
  • Cities_skylines_windowed.png
    Cities_skylines_windowed.png
    4 MB · Views: 0
It seems all clear to me. Am I missing something.
The text in the windowed screenshot is crisp, while the fullscreen one is blurry.
Don't forget that you need to view the images in 100% resolution, or you'll see both smaller than original and they'll both look crisp. By default, this forum will scale-to-fit when you open an image and you have to click it again for it to appear unscaled.

I'm experiencing an issue with text being blurry as well, on 1920x1080 in fullscreen (borderless) as well as in windowed (both 1920x1080 windowed, and smaller resolutions). I haven't figured out how to get it into exclusive fullscreen to see if that fixes it. The text is the only thing I've noticed that appears blurry, though it is especially noticeable in the help UI and other similar UIs (like the text box that comes from the bird at the top of the screen), because in those at least it is inconsistently blurry - some lines of text are sharper, some are blurrier, and the amount of blurriness seems to vary line by line, as if there's some kind of weird non-integer vertical scaling going on, like if the text rects aren't all the same number of pixels tall, so most are being stretched to fit, and some more than others (If I was debugging this, that would be the first possibility I would investigate, anyways. It's the only theory I've come up with that fully explains what I'm seeing in the help UI's text).

I saw this the first time I ran the game, about a week ago, on September 18th - which was without any mods, of course. Since then, I have tried (without success, and undoing each thing after it failed to work) turning off AA and anisotropy in the in-game settings, switching to windowed mode, switching to windowed mode with a lower resolution, forcing d3d9 via command line options, telling windows to override the game's UI scaling, setting the game to windows 8 compatibility mode, setting my windows taskbar to not auto-hide, and updating my video card drivers to the latest ones and rebooting (I didn't undo this one, but it didn't fix the problem, either).

I have not completed even the first part of the tutorial about building roads because the text strains my eyes when I try to read it. If this gets fixed at some point, maybe I will give Cities: Skylines a try again.

P.S. I own Cities: Skylines through Epic because of the free giveaway. I have linked my Epic account to my account here, but the 'Sync Products' button in Owned Items does not seem to be picking up anything in my Epic library.

P.P.S. I would attach the output_log.txt and output from dxdiag, but like everyone else's, they do not show anything amiss. The output_log says the game is running at 1920x1080.

P.P.P.S. I compared screenshots with a friend with a higher than 1080p resolution, and he has uniform blurriness on the text in the in-game help UI - like other people in this thread, none of his text there looks sharp, but it all looks the same level of blurry - like it was rendered and then scaled up afterwards. But he hadn't actually noticed that it was blurry.