• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kvayan

Recruit
26 Badges
Jul 10, 2019
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
Description
UI and Text blurry @2k resolution

What is your game version?
1.12.1-f2

What expansions do you have installed?
All of the above
What mods are you using?
none

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
The UI cannot work at 2k resolution.
All texts are blurry.
The only way that make the game display normal is changing the resolution to 1080p and windowed.
But the texts and UI are too small to read.
All mods had been disabled!

Can you replicate the issue? If yes, please explain how you did it.
Of course...
I've tried reinstall the game or systerm.
It still has that issue.
And more, I found a lot of people have the same issue since 2016 till now.
What's worst is that i found other games from you guys have the same issue (stellaris)

Attachments

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    1,4 MB · Views: 74
  • 1.png
    1.png
    1,4 MB · Views: 75
  • 2.png
    2.png
    1,3 MB · Views: 75
  • 1.png
    1.png
    1,4 MB · Views: 61
Upvote 0
What's worst is that i found other games from you guys have the same issue (stellaris)
These two games are written by different studios on different game engines. There is no relationship except they happen to be published by the same company.

Please gather both these two informational files, and attach them here:

...\Steam\steamapps\common\Cities_Skylines\Cities_Data\output_log.txt

DXDIAG is a program you run from a command prompt or the Windows start menu 'run' dialog box (or 'search programs' in Windows 7 or later). After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Raw Command Line: C:\1.Steam\steamapps\common\Cities_Skylines\Cities.exe -screen-width 2560 -screen-height 1440 -popupwindow
Why are you forcing these instead of setting them in the game?

And what is this about please? I don't recall seeing it before.
Loading C:\1.Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\255710\561218257\MoreAspectRatios.dll [Mods - Internal]

DXDIAG is a program you run from a command prompt or the Windows start menu 'run' dialog box (or 'search programs' in Windows 7 or later). After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

That's an output log, not a dxdiag - for this issue we need both I think.

And let's clear all those mods away to make diagnosis easier: In your Steam Library right-click on this game and choose Properties. Click on Set Launch Options, and paste this in there:

-noWorkshop -disableMods

Okay that's clearer. So the game, your Windows desktop and your monitor's native resolution are all 2560 x 1440 . The first two are at 165hz refresh rate but your monitor's native is 60hz. I think you have Vsync disabled, is that right?

And the issue is that slight fuzziness in the characters in the menu in 2.png ? As a matter of interest does that happen in English as well as in Chinese?

Yess. My Windows desktop and my monitor's native resolution are all 2560*1440. But I think my monitor's native refresh rate is 165hz as well.
ANd sure V-sync is disabled.
YES, the issue it that fuzziness at 2k fullscreen/windowed. NOT only in the menu, the tips are blurry as well.
I can confirm that it's not becuz of language nor fonts.
Here are some new screen shots.
2k Fullscreen and 1k Windowed. both chinese and english versions.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    86,2 KB · Views: 27
  • output_log.txt
    38,3 KB · Views: 27
  • 1k menu cn.png
    1k menu cn.png
    1,1 MB · Views: 35
  • 1k menu en.png
    1k menu en.png
    1,1 MB · Views: 35
  • 1k tips cn.png
    1k tips cn.png
    2,4 MB · Views: 36
  • 1k tips en.png
    1k tips en.png
    2,5 MB · Views: 38
  • 2k menu cn.png
    2k menu cn.png
    1,4 MB · Views: 36
  • 2k menu en.png
    2k menu en.png
    1,5 MB · Views: 37
  • 2k tips cn.png
    2k tips cn.png
    3,8 MB · Views: 32
  • 2k tips en.png
    2k tips en.png
    3,8 MB · Views: 30
I think my monitor's native refresh rate is 165hz as well.
Dxdiag does not agree:
Monitor Model: XB271HU
Monitor Id: ACR0490
Native Mode: 2560 x 1440(p) (59.951Hz)

I can confirm that it's not becuz of language nor fonts.
You've tried some font mods, is that right?

I have to say that, aside from the on-screen size, I can't see the difference between the 1k and 2k tips screenshots you sent in. Maybe a little in the menu shots.

The other difference between your 1k and 2k shots are Windowed mode vs FullScreen. If you use the same display mode does that change anything?

And I see Vsync is off, do either of the other settings change anything?

Yes, i've tried some fonts mod. but didn't work.
That's not no difference between 1k and 2k... I tried to play 30 mins, then i felt headache. All the words are blurry.
If you used to watch a 2k screen, you can see the differences. The pixes are not dot to dot.
2k windowed is as same as 2k fullscreen. There will be no changes if change 2k fullscreen to 1k fullscreen.

2k windowed is as same as 2k fullscreen.
You've tried this?

And I see Vsync is off, do either of the other settings change anything?

Because I don't really have anything else to suggest.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just bought this game and I have the same issue. There is so many people with this problem!
Why is there no fix?! I believe its the resolution issue, but there is limited settings in game!!

Please help me out...

So I downloaded a mod call "dynamic resolution"

I set my in game settings to 1920 x 1080 full screen or windowed.

Then I enter the game to set the dynamic resolution. But instead of displaying at 100% 1920 x 1080, its at 1920 x 966.

I tried all other resolutions, and apparently, the game is forcing the screen height in a weird way that cause the text to look blurry. I tried forcing the game in popupwindows + screen width and height, but somehow once you enter the game, it forces the resolution back to 1920 x 966. I also check the .cgs file for the game config. Numbers are right, just that once in game, it will force the height of the resolution down a little.

Is this because of Windows 10? or some other thing that is too new to be compatible with it?

Please help fix this

Obviously this issue does not affect everyone or it would have been fixed by now!

Obviously this issue does not affect everyone or it would have been fixed by now!

You are right, it does not affect everyone. But it certainly does affect some of us. XD
Thank you for giving your time into this.

This is what I have tried so far

1. Remove the game from steam, remove gpu driversand and reinstalled them both.
2. Removed the game launcher and added pop up windows coz I thought the window bar from the top took the space XD

No luck so far...

Anyway, here are the files + screenshots

Thanks

Attachments

• output_log.txt
    102 KB · Views: 0
  • DxDiag.txt
    91,7 KB · Views: 0
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    812,9 KB · Views: 0
  • Untitled1.png
    Untitled1.png
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    319,9 KB · Views: 0
That output log seems to show you are running the game in Windows 7 compatibility mode, is that right? Why is that please?

Then we see you are manually forcing the game:
Raw Command Line: Cities.exe -popupwindow -screen-width 1600
IMO best to run it at your Windows desktop settings 1920x1080 at 60hz fullScreen while we look into this.

That output log seems to show you are running the game in Windows 7 compatibility mode, is that right? Why is that please?

Then we see you are manually forcing the game:

IMO best to run it at your Windows desktop settings 1920x1080 at 60hz fullScreen while we look into this.

I have deleted the game once again and deleted all the command lines.
I reinstalled the game and it is still the same.

Here are the output files.

Attachments

• output_log.txt
    148,6 KB · Views: 0
  • DxDiag.txt
    91,7 KB · Views: 0
That output log seems to show you are running the game in Windows 7 compatibility mode, is that right? Why is that please? Undo that and se what happens then.