• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgo81

Recruit
9 Badges
Nov 7, 2019
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
Description
Themes not loading with maps

What is your game version?

What expansions do you have installed?
All of the above
What mods are you using?

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Themes not loading with maps, custom or steam

Can you replicate the issue? If yes, please explain how you did it.
nothing to replicate. Its a BUG!!

Attachments

Upvote 0
Hmm, looks like something is definitely wrong here. I ran the game with -disableMods and tested 2 maps with custom themes. None of the themes they use were shown when starting the map, they weren't on the dropdown menu and they didn't load.

The winter map I tested even had options for non-winter themes, while the winter themes I have installed weren't an option. I have my locally stored themes show up and one of my workshop themes. Makes no sense. :confused:

@co_emmi I think you guys need to have a look at this.

Last edited:
I'm glad I am not the only one who has the same problem since the "secret" update of the game. I spoke with a few players: they all have the same problem, and none of them use a mod called environment changer.

We are working on this, but unfortunately there's no estimate how long it takes at the moment. However there is a workaround since the themes are all there but New game window does not display the correct name or the correct amount of themes. If you have only one custom theme of each type enabled you'll know which theme is actually selected even with the incorrect name that is displayed on the New game window.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

We are working on this, but unfortunately there's no estimate how long it takes at the moment. However there is a workaround since the themes are all there but New game window does not display the correct name or the correct amount of themes. If you have only one custom theme of each type enabled you'll know which theme is actually selected even with the incorrect name that is displayed on the New game window.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Good luck with correcting the error ... and sorry to say, but what you said about the workaround: it makes no sense.

@co_martsu - any news on the bug yet?
at a guess they will release the fix in the patch that comes with the next expansion.

Same problem:
-in new game does not work
-in game load if it works
Another solution: new game, play a minute, save, restart game. Then, when loading, you can choose the theme map.

This is NOT good, and NOT acceptable. Colossal Order BROKE the game with the last update - they need to fix it. 6 million people bought the game, they owe it to every player to fix this. It has been over 6 weeks now.

Come on Colossal Order .. let us - the 6 million - know when you will fix the game.

This is NOT good, and NOT acceptable. Colossal Order BROKE the game with the last update - they need to fix it. 6 million people bought the game, they owe it to every player to fix this. It has been over 6 weeks now.

Come on Colossal Order .. let us - the 6 million - know when you will fix the game.
it'll be fixed when it gets fixed, no amount of whining by you will make it be fixed any quicker. either deal with it by using a workaround or stop playing the game.

It's Christmas vacation right now, highly doubt any more patches would be released this year anymore. Also this is not a game breaking situation. ;)

The GAME isn't broken. The theme selection is. It's a really minor thing that's broken. Everyone who plays the game without workshop content won't even notice this issue, because they use the default map themes. And for everyone that is affected, there's a workaround as well as a mod that will fix it for you. There's absolutely no reason to rush out a patch for a minor issue like this.

If this bug really bothers you this much, then I highly suggest you use the mod I linked further up. Then there will be no issue and you can drop the mod again once the bug is fixed or keep it for the extra options it offers.

The GAME isn't broken. The theme selection is. It's a really minor thing that's broken. Everyone who plays the game without workshop content won't even notice this issue, because they use the default map themes. And for everyone that is affected, there's a workaround as well as a mod that will fix it for you. There's absolutely no reason to rush out a patch for a minor issue like this.

If this bug really bothers you this much, then I highly suggest you use the mod I linked further up. Then there will be no issue and you can drop the mod again once the bug is fixed or keep it for the extra options it offers.

I should NOT have to rely on a Mod by a 3rd party on the Steam workshop to fix a fault created by the game owners. Neither should 6 million other Cities skylines players. The 3rd parry creator of this Mod you suggest can remove this Mod at any time - and you know that Avanya ... so stop promoting a 3rd party Mod as a fix for a fault that the game owners created.

This fault has been reported almost 2 months ago - it is just not good enough that it is not fixed yet. And I prefer answers from Colossal Order ... not anyone else.

Uhm, yeah the mod creator can remove the mod. But that's super unlikely to happen considering how long BloodyPenguin has been around and how many mods he has. And all that would happen then would be you'd have the bug again. Nothing bad will happen to your game by using this mod as a workaround. It's absolutely silly that you refuse to use any of the options offered to you while waiting for a fix, while at the same time making this minor bug out to be super game breaking.

Anyhow you're gonna have to try some of that patience that you aren't a fan of, because Colossal Order are off for the holidays and aren't back until some time in the new year. It's probably gonna be at least 2-3 more weeks before we get a patch, maybe even longer than that depending on what else is planned for the next patch.

And I prefer answers from Colossal Order ... not anyone else.
Well, I'm afraid you're going to have to deal with comments by others. It's a forum. The mod-free workaround is also incredibly simple: start a new game without theme, playing, then the next time you play you're then able to choose the custom theme when loading the same.
In sum, you're unable to use a custom theme only for the first session you play a new city. Demanding a time frame for that incredibly minor issue glitch that doesn't break the game whatsoever is a bit much. They heard you and answered, twice, and stated specifically that they are not sure of the time frame to fix and update this specific issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.