Cities: Skylines (Steam) - The game starts, but after clicking play I have only song and mouse cursor of the game. There is no game screen.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

HARSH BOY

Private
7 Badges
Dec 1, 2020
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
Describe your issue
The game starts, but after clicking play I have only song and mouse cursor of the game. There is no game screen.

What is your game version?
1.13.1-f1

What expansions do you have installed?
After Dark, Snowfall, Parklife, Industries

What mods are you using?
no

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
after clicking PLAY , the game is not displayed, but the mouse cursor and the game music appears. I have this problem with all games from Paradox Interactive.

Can you replicate the issue? If yes, please explain how you did it.

Attachments File(s) attached

Attachments

• output_log.txt
    33,7 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
There is no error, crash or other problem evident in that log I'm afraid.
after clicking PLAY , the game is not displayed, but the mouse cursor and the game music appears. I have this problem with all games from Paradox Interactive.
Is that after clicking PLAY in Steam, or in our launcher?

You don't have any of our other games registered here, which ones are you referring to?

There is no error, crash or other problem evident in that log I'm afraid.

Is that after clicking PLAY in Steam, or in our launcher?

You don't have any of our other games registered here, which ones are you referring to?
After clicking PLAY in launcher. I bought Prison Architect and Hearts of Iron 4 , but as it had the same problem. I brought the games back.

Those three games are unrelated, FYI, aside from being published by us and using the same launcher. But you say the launcher appears to be okay? What version does it show? Current is 2020.16

Those three games are unrelated, FYI, aside from being published by us and using the same launcher. But you say the launcher appears to be okay? What version does it show? Current is 2020.16
Yes, I have launcher v 2020.16. Also when I click PLAY in the launcher, first appears black screen, as if the game is trying to load, for max 2-3 second, then again transparent game screen.

Delete that output log then try the game again from the Steam PLAY button. When it shows anything, just leave it there for say 30 minutes - does it progress at all?

Delete that output log then try the game again from the Steam PLAY button. When it shows anything, just leave it there for say 30 minutes - does it progress at all?
I have deleted output_ log and waited for 30 minutes. There is the same.No any progress at ALL. Also I noticed when click RESUME. Play some Radio music and sounds of old city. And I have found 2 ERRORS in output_log

Attachments

• output_log.txt
    40 KB · Views: 0
  • ERRORS.jpg
    ERRORS.jpg
    325,6 KB · Views: 0
Those errors are normal, everyone gets them including me.

I frankly have no idea what it is on this machine or Windows installation that is preventing the game from running properly. If you had a similar problem with those very different games there is somethign fundamentally broken here!

Has it ever worked on this machine? Or never yet?

What about games from other publishers?

Those errors are normal, everyone gets them including me.

I frankly have no idea what it is on this machine or Windows installation that is preventing the game from running properly. If you had a similar problem with those very different games there is somethign fundamentally broken here!

Has it ever worked on this machine? Or never yet?

What about games from other publishers?
Yes, it worked 5 months ago. But I remember that it worked when the game run without any launcher. Games from other publishers work well

Our game Crusader Kings 2 is free to play on Steam now, does that work or also have problems?

Then I expect HOI4 would work as well, as it's quite similar to CK2 ...

ANyway let's try a **clean** reinstall:

- Remove the game from Steam (uninstall)
- Manually delete all these files and folders, if still there:

...\Steam\steamapps\common\Cities_Skylines\
...\Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\255710\
...\AppData\Local\Colossal Order\Cities_Skylines
(first move the /saves/ folder elsewhere to keep your save games)
(To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer)

- Install the game again and see if it runs now.

Good luck with that!

(To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer)

Good luck with that!
Hmm))) It didn't help. I made the game windowed and it has just white screen

Attachments

• White.jpg
    White.jpg
    67,3 KB · Views: 0

Good luck with that!
Ohhhh Man. I put -force-d3d9 in launch setting and it helped me!) Thank you very much for trying to help me!

Which laptop would be best for gaming and coding?
The best laptops for gaming need a combination of power, performance, execution, and ability to be mobile. There are a significant number of awesome programming notebooks on the off chance that you don’t attempt to have it all. Be that as it may, on the off chance that you require execution and transportability – well… finding the best one won’t be simple, particularly in case you’re on a budget. Do scroll down to find out the stuff you need to consider the things you need in best gaming laptop under 1500..

You Extremely Need SSD or 1 TB of Capacity

SSDs have definitely shaken up the notebook market. Unless you’re searching for a shabby Chromebook for, you presumably can manage the cost of 1 TB HDD or 256 GB SSD. Despite that, there’s a really terrible gorge in the event that you need the best budget laptop. There’re a couple of approaches to take care of this issue. You can simply get yourself a 500 or 1000 GB SSD or 2 drives, which means an SSD for OS or programming or coding while leaving gaming or downloads or watching movies on a different HDD. In case you’re not certain, get a 15.6 to 17 inch notebook that has numerous SATA or mSATA or M.2 connections permitting you to include more storage. In the event that you have enough cash, you could go for SSD through PCIe or M.2 in the best performance laptop.

You Really Need a Modern processor

Nowadays, you needn’t bother with a top of the line CPU to do programming. Whether you require a top notch CPU depends totally on what you’re going to deal with, like whether you have develop apps, a website, or perhaps you need best the best laptop for photo editing. Clearly, in the event that you’ll have to manage heavy programming works all the time or you take a shot at video/sound, a processor is likely the most vital part for your work. So, low-end processors are strongly not recommended for coding.

You Somehow Need a Dedicated Graphic Card

Fortunately for every one of us, integrated graphics illustrations are showing signs of improvement with each era. On the off chance that you’ll work with game development or do 3D jobs, having a dedicated mobile cards in the best laptop for gaming ought to be a need. What’s more, on the off chance that you’ll need it, your work environment no doubt will give you a first rate machine which would destroy anything a laptop could offer. The exact opposite thing to note, you’ll unquestionably require a dedicated graphic chip in the event that you’ll be playing demanding new games.

You Perhaps Need a Long Battery Life

Perhaps? Yes. Because it depends on you lifestyle and work demand. On the off chance that you need a desktop substitution and you don’t see yourself utilizing it outside, then battery life is not a priority. On the opposite side of the range, you might be a person who needs a day-long battery life and perhaps the best lightweight laptop to hop between places. Relatively few portable workstations can come to this, particularly on the off chance that you don’t extravagant dropping screen shine to its base. For this situation, you’ll have to open your wallet in the event that you need to have a top of the line segment. Furthermore, in case you’re in a temperament of making bargains, just search for 5 to 6 hours of battery existence with Wi-Fi.

You Possibly Need IPS Panel

IPS boards are better than TN boards in each significant way. That is the reason, much the same as SSD drives, they have turned into the business standard and you unmistakably ought to get the one similar to, let’s say, the best laptop for graphic design or game development. However, this option can be skipped if you are truly restricted by your financial plan and would rather spend each penny on CPU, GPU or RAM.