Cities: Skylines (Steam) - The game crashes in a few minutes. It freezes and stops working.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TommasoPallino

Recruit
1 Badges
Oct 18, 2020
  • Cities: Skylines
Describe your issue
The game crashes in a few minutes. It freezes and stops working.

What is your game version?
1.13.1-f1

What expansions do you have installed?
(DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

What mods are you using?
No Mods

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
When the game starts, CPU's temperature goes to 100°, in a few minutes. Issues started when I upgraded the laptop's RAM from 8 to 16 GB. The game stops immediately working ad it freezes.

Can you replicate the issue? If yes, please explain how you did it.
Every time I open the game

Attachments (DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

Upvote 0
Please gather both these two informational files, and attach them here:

...\Steam\steamapps\common\Cities_Skylines\Cities_Data\output_log.txt

DXDIAG is a program you run from a command prompt or the Windows start menu 'run' dialog box (or 'search programs' in Windows 7 or later). After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

When the game starts, CPU's temperature goes to 100°, in a few minutes. Issues started when I upgraded the laptop's RAM from 8 to 16 GB. The game stops immediately working ad it freezes.
However this indicates a clear hardware problem. Either it's coincidence or your new RAM is faulty, or when it was installed they unplugged a fan and forgot to plug back in or something.

Also Clean out all air vents it has (compressed air cans are good for this). Make sure airflow to them is not blocked by anything like walls, books or whatever.
If that doesn't drop the temps enough, you probably have a faulty fan or a heatsink/thermal paste problem. You may need professional help at that point.