Cities: Skylines (Steam) - (staem) Can't share savegame on steam workshop

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

baorok

Recruit
5 Badges
Jan 15, 2021
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
Describe your issue
(staem) Can't share savegame on steam workshop

What is your game version?
most recently

What expansions do you have installed?
After Dark, Mass Transit, Parklife, Industries, Sunset Harbor

What mods are you using?
before "move it", "extra landscaping tool"
now none

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
i can not share my savegame on workshop when i click the share button nothing diffrent and in workshop's my upload page i can see unimage & 0.0mb savegames
i see reception that uploaded 1 month ago but can't fix it.

Can you replicate the issue? If yes, please explain how you did it.

Attachments (DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

Upvote 0
The problem seems to be caused by any popular asset which has a 16 bit thumbnail and is currently loaded (even if not visible) in the ingame steam workshop showcase slider.
This was the case in december for 2 popular assets, and is the case currently. When this asset gets unlisted, game and steam restarted, the publishing suddenly worked again. And when it's listed again, the publishing breaks again.

The way to fix it for yourself currently is get the less steam mod and enable the "disable workshop ad panel" setting.

I think CO should fix this, and also prevent users from being able to upload a 16 bit thumbnail to the workshop, or automatically convert it to a normal 8 bit image.

• 2Like
Reactions:
@co_avanya Is that something you can investigate?

Reactions: