• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

easymoney123

Recruit
Feb 25, 2023
Describe your issue
Simulation failed error after latest update.

What is your game version?
1.16.1-f2

What expansions do you have installed?
After Dark, Snowfall, Natural Disasters, Mass Transit, Green Cities, Parklife, Industries, Campus, Sunset Harbor, Airports

What mods are you using?
whatever my save game had.

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
After finally getting my game to recognize all my mods without every second load up disabling, and or hiding them completely, I went to load my save game and it comes back with the *simulation failed* error every time. I tried using enabling the mods my save game had only but no luck. when i was trying to figure out the first issue (the game not recognizing installed mods i may have deleted all my existing mods in the process) I went to subscribed to all mods used in my save game then enabled them but still feel like i may be missing a mod or was using one that was depreciated. Can anyone please help !? its driving me nuts this all happened right after i bought a bundle that i want to try too!

Can you replicate the issue? If yes, please explain how you did it.

Attachments File(s) attached

Attachments

• output_log cities skylines march 2023.txt
    5,5 MB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
A lot of D3D11 errors there. Make sure you video drivers are all updated.
Also, I see there are a lot o missing assets there too, but I can't recognize if there are networks among them or not. Please try the following:
  • Go to Main Menu > Options and select the Loading Screen Mod in the list on the left
  • In the mod's settings, go to "Reporting" and select "Check assets for errors"
  • Also make sure the option to save report in the directory is enabled too (it is by default)
  • Load the save until you get the error again
  • Go to said directory and open the .HTML file generated for that save. It'll have a list of missing assets. Pay special attention to missing networks - the game struggles to load without those

A Mod caused an error [System.Exception]

Details:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Null method for quistar.treeanarchy.mod
at HarmonyLib.PatchProcessor.Patch () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at HarmonyLib.Harmony.Patch (System.Reflection.MethodBase original, HarmonyLib.HarmonyMethod prefix, HarmonyLib.HarmonyMethod postfix, HarmonyLib.HarmonyMethod transpiler, HarmonyLib.HarmonyMethod finalizer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at TreeAnarchy.Patches.TreeInstancePatches.EnableTreeInstancePatch (HarmonyLib.Harmony harmony) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ColossalFramework.Plugins.PluginManager.AddPlugins (System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 plugins) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

A lot of D3D11 errors there. Make sure you video drivers are all updated.
Also, I see there are a lot o missing assets there too, but I can't recognize if there are networks among them or not. Please try the following:
  • Go to Main Menu > Options and select the Loading Screen Mod in the list on the left
  • In the mod's settings, go to "Reporting" and select "Check assets for errors"
  • Also make sure the option to save report in the directory is enabled too (it is by default)
  • Load the save until you get the error again
  • Go to said directory and open the .HTML file generated for that save. It'll have a list of missing assets. Pay special attention to missing networks - the game struggles to load without those
Thank you i may have found the culprit. So when i subscribed to all mods and enabled them (the ones used in the save game) the adaptive networks mod used by my save game was automatically subscribed and it turns out it is depreciated. my city loaded but there was no roads and no buildings. so will now try again and see if it was that or if there could have been another mod that was affected similarly. Thanks for your kind response.

You can see other broken mods in this list here:

• 1Like
Reactions:
You can see other broken mods in this list here:

Thanks for taking the time to help. My city is back up and running normally again! the mods were indeed the issue I was having. Have a great weekend !