• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim_Leong

Recruit
On Probation
9 Badges
Sep 4, 2019
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
Description
Save Game Broken after using 81 tile mod

What is your game version?
1.11.0-f3

What expansions do you have installed?
After Dark,
Snowfall,
Natural Disasters,
Mass Transit,
Green Cities,
Parklife,
Industries
What mods are you using?
Automatic Bulldoze V2
Find It!
Plop the Growables
Improved Public Transport 2
Big City (25 Tiles Mod)
Advanced Vehicle Options AVO (Industries Ready)
Rebalanced Industries
Industry DLC Missing Transaction Fix
Roundabout Builder
Traffic Manager President Edition (Labs)
Rebuild It
Employ Overeducated Workers V2
Electric Roads Mod 1.2.3
Fine Road Anarchy 2
Unlimited Money (default in-game)
Unlimited resources (default in-game)
Unlimited Landscaping (default in-game)
All achievements unlocked (default in game)
81 Tiles (Fixed for 1.2+)

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
I was using all the mods listed above except the 81 tile mod. After playing for a while I decided to switch to the 81 tile mod. I added the 81 mod files, switched it on in the content manager and switched off the existing 25 tile mod. I then got an error message (screenshot below).

I then tried removing the 25 tiles mod from the folders to try to make the 81 tile mod work. Same error message occured and save game did not work.

I then removed the 81 tile mod completely and added back the 25 tile mod to continue playing but the save became broken.

When I loaded the save, the city became frozen. I could not pause or play, I could not build anything, I could not adjust districts. When in the world view I could not buy the remaining unlocked tiles. I could view the cities population and traffic congestion etc.

I tried disabling all mods but the save still had the same problem.

I am able to play other saves (without the 81 tile mod) and start new games with and without mods perfectly fine. Leads me to believe that the game itself has no issue.

I think that it was either the removing of the 25 tile mod files while having the 81 tile mod active or the 81 tile mod that corrupted the save.

Can anything be done to salvage this save? I spent alot of time on this city and would not like it to go to waste. I am 100% able to take more screenshots and provide more information that you may need. Your help is greatly appreciated thanks!

Can you replicate the issue? If yes, please explain how you did it.

Attachments

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-09-04 at 5.06.56 PM.png
    Screenshot 2019-09-04 at 5.06.56 PM.png
    2,1 MB · Views: 174
  • Player.log
    146,1 KB · Views: 40
  • Second Attempt.crp
    25,7 MB · Views: 5
Upvote 0
Did you perhaps load the save before enabling 81 tiles? So that you loaded the save, went back to the main menu, enabled 81 tiles and then loaded again? That would be doing a 2nd load, which breaks many mods. Always restart the game after having loaded once. And generally always after having enabled/disabled mods too.

Have you tried loading the save after restarting the game?

Hi Avanya, I remember enabling the 81 tiles before loading the save because I de-enabled the 25 tiles at the same time. My concern is not so much about the 81 tiles not working, but that I cant play that save with or without any mods. Is there any way that it can be debugged or something?

Have you tried loading the save after restarting the game?[/QUOTE]

Just realised I didnt answer this one... I tried loading the save vanilla no mods, with the mods I use without 81 tiles and with the mods I use and 81 tiles. I restarted the game each time. I even tried enabling the mods and quitting, and then starting the save game again but no luck. The map still freezes, I can check the info panel but I cant build anything, bulldoze or zone etc

Two questions for you:

1. Where did you buy the game from? I can see you're not running it through Steam.
2. Your version is not the latest one, how come?

I admit that I originally pirated the game to the dlcs. I have since bought the game, most of the dlcs, subbed to the same mods but the city is still unable to load. I cant even see the city now. It just leads me to a blank page after the loading screen.

I am able to start a new city without problems and the mods work fine. So im guessing its that particular save that is corrupted?

Tbf you just admitted to pirating the game and you're clearly still using the pirated version so we will offer you no help and your account is now banned. We don't appreciate pirates, nor do we intend to offer any help for such users.

Status
Not open for further replies.