Cities: Skylines (Steam) - Object reference not set to an instance of an object [System.NullReferenceException] Details: No details

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Speedyx512

Recruit
8 Badges
Apr 22, 2022
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
Describe your issue
Object reference not set to an instance of an object [System.NullReferenceException] Details: No details

What is your game version?
1.14.1-f2

What expansions do you have installed?
After Dark, Natural Disasters, Mass Transit, Green Cities, Parklife, Industries, Campus, Sunset Harbor

What mods are you using?
81 Tiles
Clouds & Fog Toggler
Compatibility Report v0.7.5
Harmony 2.2.0
Mods Listing
Move It
Natural Disasters Overhaul
Network Extensions 2
Traffic Manager: President Edition
Unlimited Oil and Ore
Unlimited Soil
Unlimited Trees

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
On Friday 4/22, I was normally playing on my Cities Skylines city without any issues. Everything was fine until an Object Reference error suddenly appeared, and it did not stop appearing no matter how many times I have closed the window. I have always used the same mods without any issues in other maps, but sometimes I will get errors like these that force me to start a new game. I did not toggle off or messed with any mods during my session.

Can you replicate the issue? If yes, please explain how you did it.
Sometimes I will load a save game and it will constantly give me the Object Reference errors, but then other times it would randomly happen during a current session of the game. I have saved games multiple times without issues, and I do not know what the main issue would be (I pasted the output log below for reference).

Attachments File(s) attached

Attachments

• output_log.txt
    350 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Please check your mods against this list:

If you still get this problem after removing or replacing any bad ones, please attach her ethe affected save game for the gameplay/mod experts to look into.

Simulation error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at WaterSimulation.ReleaseWaterWave (UInt16 wave) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at DisasterManager.ReleaseDisaster (UInt16 disasterIndex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at DisasterManager.SimulationStepImpl (Int32 subStep) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at SimulationManagerBase`2[Manager,Properties].SimulationStep (Int32 subStep) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at DisasterManager.ISimulationManager.SimulationStep (Int32 subStep) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at SimulationManager.SimulationStep () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at SimulationManager.SimulationThread () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 [Core]
This is the full error. Please try unsubscribing Natural Disasters Overhaul, restart the game and try loading your save. Do you still get the error? If so, please attach the output_log.txt again after that attempt.

Alright, let's see if we can clear those errors. Please subscribe to the following mods and make sure to enable them. Then before loading your save go into Options, find the Loading Screen Mod on the list on the left, and then find and enable the Safe Mode option. Try loading your save after doing this.

If that doesn't help, please attach a new log from that attempt as well as the save in question.