Cities: Skylines (Steam) - Object reference not set to an instance of an object [System.NullReferenceException] Details: No details

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jjconsi

Recruit
7 Badges
Aug 9, 2016
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
Describe your issue
Object reference not set to an instance of an object [System.NullReferenceException] Details: No details

What is your game version?
1.13.3-f9

What expansions do you have installed?
After Dark, Snowfall, Natural Disasters, Mass Transit, Green Cities, Parklife, Industries, Sunset Harbor

What mods are you using?
Rebalanced Industries
Mod Compatibility Checker
Building Variations (disabled)
Airport Roads
Elektrix's Road Tools 2.93
Network Multi-tools 1.2
Vehicle Effects 1.9.1
Intersection Marking Tool 1.8.2
Dynamic Resolution (Fixed for 1.9!)
Custom Effect Loader
Ultimate Eyecandy v1.5.2
Node Controller Renewal 3.1.3
Node Spacer (disabled)
NoPillars (v1.1 + compatible)
HDRI Haven Cubemap Pack 3
PostProcessFX v1.9.0
Daylight Classic
Cubemap Replacer (Read Description!)
Railway Replacer
Extra Train Station Tracks (ETST)
Tree and Vehicle Props
Remove Need for Pipes
Prop Painter 4.0 + PaintUI
Precision Engineering
Pollution, Death and Crime Remover Mod
Optimized Outside Connections
Hide It!
Network Extensions 2 (Updated for Sunset Harbor)
Remove Decoration Sprites ("Grass" and "Rocks")
No Border Limit Camera
Transparency LODs Fix
Ploppable RICO
No Fires
Unlimited Trees: Revisited
Procedural Objects
Adaptive Prop Visibility Distance
Parallel Road Tool
Prop Snapping
Network Tiling
Camera Positions Utility
Repaint 1.3
Harmony 2.0.4-4 (Mod Dependency)
Clouds & Fog Toggler
Forest Brush v1.3
Advanced Vehicle Options (Sunset Harbor)
Mini FPS Booster
Fine Road Tool 2.0.4
Theme Decals
Render It!
Tree LOD Fix
Prefab Hook (Mod Dependency)
Ultimate Level of Detail (ULOD)
Vanilla Trees Remover
No Abandonment
Shadow Strength Adjuster
Toggleable Whiteness
Tree Movement Control
Prop Remover
Additive Shader
Extra Vehicle Effects (Plugin for Vehicle Effects Mod)
Realistic Walking Speed
Parkify
Speed Slider [v2]
Improved Public Transport 2
Loading Screen Mod
Unlock All + Wonders & Landmarks
Decal Prop Fix
Prop Precision
Prop Line Tool [PLT] (vAlpha)
Unlimited Trees Mod v1.12
Quay Anarchy
No Radioactive Desert And More!
Ploppable Asphalt +
TM:pE V11 STABLE (Traffic Manager: President Edition)
Surface Painter
Prop & Tree Anarchy
Plop The Growables
Move It
Relight
Fine Road Anarchy 2.0.2
Find It! 2
Extra Landscaping Tools
Theme Mixer 2
81 Tiles (Fixed for 1.2+)

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
On Sunday, 09/12, I had exited my current save and added a few building assets and deleted a few assets as well from the workshop. Afterwards I loaded in my savegame and experienced an Object Reference error pertaining to Rebalanced Industries. I believed that the constant Object Reference errors were because of this mod and I disabled Rebalanced Industries. The Object Reference errors continued after that so I guess it wasnt related. I still dont know why rebalanced industries started having errors also. I think I may have deleted an asset that I had placed in-game but I dont know what I deleted. I re-subscribed to all mods/assets from my last save but that didnt help either. At a loss as to why I started getting Object Reference errors and a Rebalanced Industries Object Reference error.

Can you replicate the issue? If yes, please explain how you did it.
The Object Reference errors have continued after disabling Rebalanced Industries, the rebalanced industries errors continue if i enable the mod again. I Added my last Output Log Report.

Attachments File(s) attached

Attachments

• output_log.txt
    1,3 MB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Probably best to also attach the affected save game file, so the mod experts can look into it. Thanks.

You have some old mods and some incompatible mods. Please remove the following mods:
  • Remove Decoration Sprites (use Theme Mixer 2 to remove these instead)
  • Ploppable RICO - get Ploppable RICO Revisited instead
  • Plop the Growables - get Ploppable RICO Revisited instead (make sure to enable the options for growables)

Render It! and PostProcessFX v1.9.0 are incompatible. Pick one and remove the other. Also check their descriptions on Steam to see if they are incompatible with Dynamic Resolution - one or both might be.

Vanilla Trees Remover is quite old and I'm not sure it's advisable to use anymore. Possible replacements are BOB and Prop Switcher.
No Pillars is also a very old mod. Depending on what you're using it for I would recommend using Network Skins or Zone It!

Restart the game after making those changes, make sure the new mods are enabled and then try loading your save. If you're still having issues, attach a new output_log.txt for us to look at.

Reactions:
It looks like your suggestions did the trick. Im no longer experiencing the issues and everything seems to run smoothly now. Havent had the game running for long but Im not encountering any error messages. Thank you guys so much. Really respect your commitment to helping folks like me out! I'm a long time customer of many Paradox Games and I will continue to be a happy customer thanks to your efforts!

Hi I have the same problem but I don't know how to see which mods I have. Any help?
You only get mods by actively subscribing to them.

If you've forgotten which ones you subbed to, you can see them in the Steam Workshop for this game, the game's Content manager-Mods menu, or in the output_log.txt as in the OP here.

Hello, I have the same problem but I don't have any mod installed and I got the game from epic games (because it's FREE). The point is that I had to create an epic account and then install it and after that install cities skylines and when I start the game I get this Captura de pantalla (547).png and that's why it won't let me start a new game or load a game. Please help me I want to play it before the holidays are over 7w7Captura de pantalla (553).png

• 2Like
Reactions:
Hello, I have the same problem but I don't have any mod installed and I got the game from epic games (because it's FREE). The point is that I had to create an epic account and then install it and after that install cities skylines and when I start the game I get thisView attachment 817213 and that's why it won't let me start a new game or load a game. Please help me I want to play it before the holidays are over 7w7View attachment 817217

Download : VC_redist.x64.exe

Screenshot_1.png

Não consigo entra no jogo baixado pela Epic Games. Porque ele da esse erro ''
Referência de objeto não definido para uma instância de um objeto [System.NullReferenceException]
Podem me ajudar? Minha versão e 1.14.1-f2

Olá, estou com o mesmo problema mas não tenho nenhum mod instalado e peguei o jogo da epic games (porque é GRATUITO). O ponto é que eu tive que criar uma conta épica e depois instalá-la e depois instalar skylines de cidades e quando eu inicio o jogo eu recebo isso View attachment 817213 e é por isso que não me permite iniciar um novo jogo ou carregar um jogo. Por favor me ajudem quero jogar antes que as férias acabem 7w7View attachment 817217
Estou com o mesmo problema

I can't log into the game downloaded by Epic Games. Why does it give this error ''
Object reference not defined for an instance of an object [System.NullReferenceException]
Can you help me? My version is 1.14.1-f2
Create a new support ticket as your issue might be different.
Consider to post in English as this is the language here..

Other languages are here:

Status
Not open for further replies.