Cities: Skylines (Steam) - Mouse jumps right+down after using middle button to rotate the map [Linux]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

abmantis

Recruit
4 Badges
Sep 1, 2021
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
Describe your issue
Mouse jumps right+down after using middle buton to rotate the map

What is your game version?
1.13.3-f9

What expansions do you have installed?
(DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

What mods are you using?
None. Happened the first time I opened the game, before installing any mods or doing anything

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
When I press the middle mouse button and then drag the mouse, the cursor ends up to the bottom/right of where it was initially. It always goes bot/right independently of where I move it while dragging. Pressing the middle button without dragging does not trigger this issue.

I'm running the game on Linux (Arch) with the Sway window manager. Everything up to date.

Can you replicate the issue? If yes, please explain how you did it.
Everytime.

1 - Cursor is at the center of the screen
2 - I press the middle button and drag the mouse (the direction is irrelevant)
3 - The cursor reappears but far from the center of screen (to the right and to the bottom)

Attachments File(s) attached

Attachments

• cs_mouse_bug.mp4
    1,7 MB
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't recall any previous such report on any OS, FYI.

The only supported distro is Ubuntu, and I've not come across Sway before - whether this issue is connected with either of those two factors I don't know.

Can you remove or disable Sway for the purposes of the test?

I don't recall any previous such report on any OS, FYI.

The only supported distro is Ubuntu, and I've not come across Sway before - whether this issue is connected with either of those two factors I don't know.

Can you remove or disable Sway for the purposes of the test?
Thanks for the reply.
Indeed, I just tried LXDE (which is the only other window manager I had installed and middle button dragging works fine. So it is either some issue with Sway or Wayland.
Since you say you support Ubuntu and Gnome uses Wayland on the latest version, I'm assuming the game supports Wayland?

Well, I'm not sure about officially supported, in the sense of it being explicitly tested on Wayland instead of Xorg. But so far as I know it runs.

The games we write (rather than just publish like this one) do run under Wayland but only if Multi-Sampling is disabled. I don't think that's necessary for Unity games like this one though.

Well, I'm not sure about officially supported, in the sense of it being explicitly tested on Wayland instead of Xorg. But so far as I know it runs.

The games we write (rather than just publish like this one) do run under Wayland but only if Multi-Sampling is disabled. I don't think that's necessary for Unity games like this one though.
I'll try to test it out on another Wayland DE to see if this happens only on Sway.
If you have any other tips on how to diagnose and troubleshoot this, let me know.