• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

fruu_xx

Recruit
2 Badges
Mar 24, 2023
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
Describe your issue
Launcher error on Mac.

What is your game version?
Deluxe

What expansions do you have installed?
(DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

What mods are you using?
None

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
I have just downloaded this game on steam for my MacBook, every time I try and open the game the launcher comes up with the same error everyone else seems to get. I have tried deleting the folder people suggest, but its not working. I have seen people say to attach the log files so I have done this below! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Can you replicate the issue? If yes, please explain how you did it.

Attachments
File(s) attached

Upvote 0
Yeah, I'm a bit lost where to go from here too, sorry. Usually deleting that folder already solves the issue - at least from what I can find here in the forums.
The problem is probably not related to Citrix Workspace either, but could you check if you have that installed in your computer?
You can also try a clean reinstall of the game.

Either way, if the issue remains, since you've attached all the logs here someone with more experience will be able to help you at some point.

Hello,

I also have this problem. Have deleted 'Paradox Interactive' and then launched the game from steam and it still comes up with the error. I'm on a MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020) Big Sur V11.4. The game worked when I last played it in 2021.

Hello,

I also have this problem. Have deleted 'Paradox Interactive' and then launched the game from steam and it still comes up with the error. I'm on a MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020) Big Sur V11.4. The game worked when I last played it in 2021.
Hi, I had this issue and the only thing that worked was checking for a system update on my Mac. Once the system had been updated, the launcher worked perfectly.