Cities: Skylines (Steam) - Having around 20,000 people leaving the city in a week and building just disappearing with no explanation

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Matti5R

Recruit
8 Badges
Jan 13, 2021
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
Describe your issue
Having around 20,000 people leaving the city in a week and building just disappearing with no explanation

What is your game version?
1.13.1-F1

What expansions do you have installed?
Mass Transit, Green Cities, Parklife, Industries, Sunset Harbor

What mods are you using?
I have tried disabling all and the issue still occurs

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
After entering a save with 48,000 i had an issue where i could not play without an error code. I checked my mods and worked out the issue but since this, I am unable to play without loosing many thousands of inhabitants and the a lot of buidings. All roads have become unzonable without replacing the road. When i play the sim, it goes from -216 to -7000 to -11,000 in consecutive days. I can see houses and industries and commercial disappearing all over the city, almost as if their zone had been unzoned. This settles back to normal around 28,000 population.

Can you replicate the issue? If yes, please explain how you did it.
Each time i go back to my save. I have not overwritten it in the hope this can be rectified.

Attachments File(s) attached

Attachments

• Fardale.crp
    30,5 MB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
We'll need to see the output_log.txt (called player.log on Mac and Linux) to see what's causing it. To easily find it, right click your game in the Steam library, select Properties, go to the Local Files tab and select Browse local files. Then go into the Cities_Data folder and locate the log. You can attach it to a reply where. Then we'll hopefully be able to see what's causing the error.

We'll need to see the output_log.txt (called player.log on Mac and Linux) to see what's causing it. To easily find it, right click your game in the Steam library, select Properties, go to the Local Files tab and select Browse local files. Then go into the Cities_Data folder and locate the log. You can attach it to a reply where. Then we'll hopefully be able to see what's causing the error.

Attachments

• output_log.txt
    310,5 KB · Views: 0
Looks like Surface Painter can't find Extra Landscaping Tools. Try unsubscribing both mods, wait for Steam to remove them, subscribe to them again with Extra Landscaping Tools being the first one, then Surface Painter. Check in the Content Manager to see they're both enabled.

You also need to remove these mods. Some are broken, some don't work with other mods you have:

• Metro Station Converter - incompatible with Metro Overhaul Mod
  • Advanced Buildings Editor - not broken, but I really don't recommend you use this outside the asset editor! Best to unsubscribe it when you aren't using it.
  • Transport Line Rendering Fix - broken, and also no longer needed. Just remove it
  • Network Skins - get Network Skins 2 instead
  • Auto Line Color - broken, get Auto Line Color Redux instead
  • More Beautification - use Find It 2 instead
  • All 25 Areas purchasable - you have 81 tiles, so you don't need this and you never want several mods that do the same.
  • Purchase It! - you have 81 tiles, so you don't need this and you never want several mods that do the same.
  • Remove either Achieve It! or Mod Achievement Enabler - again two mods that do the same and likely conflict.
  • Pause On Load - breaks things and this feature is now in the game. Remove the mod and use the one in Options instead.
  • Net Picker - remove, you have Picker for this
Try and fix all of that, restart the game and see if it still acts up.

Last edited:
Thanks for all your help. I did all of the above and unfortunately still the same issue.

I have thrown in a couple of screenshots, one to show how areas are disappearing and the zoning issue. Not the large population change too.

Thanks for your help to this point.
2021-01-13.png

Attachments

• 2021-01-13 (2).png
    2021-01-13 (2).png
    4,8 MB · Views: 0
Might be worth just going through the city and updating the roads, since you have a good amount of money in it. Before loading go into Options and enable the Pause on Load option under Gameplay. Then load your city. Upgrade the roads to another type of the same size - so like tree lined to grass lined and back again (or leave it as something else). That should restore the zoning tiles hopefully, then just make sure it's zoned the correct type and move on.

Not ideal but it might be faster than trying to figure out if removal of mods will fix the zoning, and I suspect that the save will have the zoning missing even with the cause gone, because the roads won't update unless upgraded or new roads attached to them.