Cities: Skylines (Steam) - Game will not start from Paradox Launcher [MacOS]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

OddChuchu

Recruit
4 Badges
May 18, 2013
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
Describe your issue
Game will not start from Paradox Launcher

What is your game version?
1.13.3-f9

What expansions do you have installed?
(DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

What mods are you using?
N/A

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
On Mac, running macOS Big Sur version 11.5.2

I purchased the game a few days ago. When launching the game from Steam, the Paradox Launcher opens. Upon clicking the "Play" button, the button will go grey for a second before returning to green, with the small red icon to the right showing "Launching the game failed." when hovering over it. The settings icon always has the red dot next to it, and when you go into the settings it tells you that "A launcher update has failed, check your internet connection and try again." Pressing the "Try Again" button does nothing to change the situation.

I'm using a reliable wifi network, and have tried using my phone's hotspot as a wifi connection as well to update the launcher. Regardless, the next time I try and open the game it's back to square one. I've uninstalled and re-installed the game a couple of times, scoured the internet for a specific solution to my problem, and I still haven't been able to play the game at all. Is it possible to play the game without going through the launcher on Mac?

Can you replicate the issue? If yes, please explain how you did it.
Every time I open the Launcher, the issue comes up.

Attachments File(s) attached

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-01 at 12.16.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-01 at 12.16.08 AM.png
    1,3 MB · Views: 0
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-01 at 12.16.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-01 at 12.16.42 AM.png
    158,8 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Please delete the ~/Library/Application Support/Paradox Interactive/ folder. To see it go to the Finder, hit command-shift-G (ie Go To) and paste in ~/Library/Application Support/ . Then run the game from the PLAY Button in Steam, to reinstall the launcher.

If that does not get the launcher running, we will need these files from that same folder:

Attach ALL .log files Found here ~/Library/Application Support/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/