• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

F A

Private
10 Badges
Aug 4, 2018
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
Description
Game not launching

What is your game version?

What expansions do you have installed?
After Dark,
Snowfall,
Mass Transit

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Today I have experienced some errors:
1) First - game was not loading (1 time)
2) After I have managed to load the game and played 15-20 min the game crashed ("Oops! The game crashed. The crash report folder named "8-3-18_210324" next to game executable. It would be great if you'd send it to the developer of the game!")
3) After this, the game is not starting anymore. I can see the icon in the taskbar, but nu reaction from the application (no error, no starting screen, nothing). Just the pointer loading (for 15-20 mins)

Can you replicate the issue? If yes, please explain how you did it.
I have tried:

- increase the virtual memory
- --noWorkshop
- check the local files on Steam
- Updating the video drivers

Attachments

Upvote 0
why are you using such an old version of the game? the log says you're using 1.6.3-f1, current version is 1.10.1-f3

Do you have more than one Steam Library? If so that log is probably from one this game used to be installed in; let's see one from the Steam Library it is now installed in, thanks.

These are the files from the previous crash I had yesterday. For the current one nothing is generated. In fact, the game is running. Just nothing appears on the screen (except the icon in the taskbar)

Attachments

• error.log
    22,3 KB · Views: 13
  • output_log.txt
    920 KB · Views: 277
No real signs of problems in there.
In your Steam Library right-click on this game and choose Properties. Click on Set Launch Options, and paste this in there:

-noWorkshop -disableMods

If it still won't run then upload a new log file with those options in place.

Apparently there is a conflict with the video card. Maybe is caused by the last update of the game. I have disabled the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M and launched the game on the on-board video card (Intel HD Graphics 530) and....it is working (of course bad resolution and slow speed). So most likely this is the issue. Any idea how to solve it?

We'd know if the last patch stopped the game from working on nVidia cards! Most players use those. Anyway the most recent game patch was a month ago, whereas you say this problem only happened to you a few days ago.

We could try a clean reinstall of the video driver:

- uninstall the nVidia driver and all associated utilities
- reboot
- install the latest one by fresh download from here
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
- reboot again

Done all the steps. Still no change, same story.

I haven't played it in the last month not being home.

Also forgot to mention that the sound of the game was always working. Just the mage is missing

I don't know then, the trajectory of this problem doesn't make a lot of sense!

Let's try a full **clean** reinstall:

- Remove the game from Steam (uninstall)
- Manually delete all these files and folders, if still there:

...\Steam\steamapps\common\Cities_Skylines\

...\Users\<UserName>\Documents\Colossal Order\Cities_Skylines

...\AppData\Local\Colossal Order\Cities_Skylines
(first move the /saves/ folder elsewhere to keep your save games)

- In the Steam Workshop, un-subscribe from ALL mods and assets
- Install the game again, but BEFORE running for the first time, in Steam right-click on this game and choose Properties. Click on Set launch Options, and paste this in there: -force-d3d9
- Now run the game up and start a new city.
- If all goes OK, move the save games back and try again.
- If still OK, you can start subscribing to mods and assets again. But test the game after every few, to make sure a bad one has not come down again.

you only need it if you're running the game on the Intel not the Nvidia card