• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

2호언

Private
9 Badges
Sep 29, 2021
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
Describe your issue
Game is not running.

What is your game version?
1.13.3-f9

What expansions do you have installed?
After Dark, Snowfall, Natural Disasters, Green Cities, Industries, Campus

What mods are you using?
I used the mode&DLC, but I deleted it to solve the problem.

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
I haven't played for a while, but I turned on the game to play it again, but the launcher only shows a red triangle next to the play button and it doesn't run.

Can you replicate the issue? If yes, please explain how you did it.

Attachments
File(s) attached

Attachments

• tlxlwm.PNG
    tlxlwm.PNG
    1,4 MB · Views: 0
  • DxDiag.txt
    130,1 KB · Views: 0
  • output_log.txt
    240,4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Upvote 0
Please update that nVidia driver:

THEN In your Steam Library right-click on this game and choose Properties. Click on Set Launch Options, and paste this in there:

-noWorkshop -disableMods

Does it load now? If not please attach a new output log, thanks.

• 1Like
Reactions:
We can see in that log file you have not done this:
In your Steam Library right-click on this game and choose Properties. Click on Set Launch Options, and paste this in there:

-noWorkshop -disableMods
Please do that! Does it load now? If not please attach a new output log, thanks.

That output log shows the normal error you get when you try to run cities.exe . Please don't do that!

Delete that log and run the game from the Steam PLAY button one more time, and attach here the new log. Thanks!

how delete that log? so i just play from steam Administrator mode. and launcher play. Thanks for reply!

Attachments

• output_log.txt
    4,6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
i delete that log file. but run that way, not recreate. so cities.exe click and play. after create log file.
so upload log file create by cities.exe run

Attachments

• output_log.txt
    4,6 KB · Views: 0
so upload log file create by cities.exe run
As I said, please don't do that! It will ALWAYS cause the error (where it cannot find Steam) you see in that log now. The game can ONLY be properly started from the PLAY button in Steam, then the PLAY button in our launcher.

Please delete it again. Check these launch options are still there -noWorkshop -disableMods and run th egame from PLAY in Steam. If it fails to start please attach a new output log, thanks.

That means that Steam is not even trying to run the game. I don't know what could cause that really.

Please try a **clean** reinstall of Steam and game:

- Remove the game from Steam (uninstall)
- exit the Steam app entirely
- Manually delete all these files and folders, if still there:

...\Steam\steamapps\common\Cities_Skylines\
...\Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\255710\
...\AppData\Local\Colossal Order\Cities_Skylines
(first move the /saves/ folder elsewhere to keep your save games)
(To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer)

- delete everything in the Steam folder EXCEPT steam.exe and the SteamApps folder
- run steam.exe to rebuild all that

- Install the game again and see if it runs now.

Good luck with that!

Thank you for reply. I tried everything You wrote, but I can't run it, and I can't create a log file. I am grateful for your hard work.
When the game is not running in the launcher, they should find the reason in the launcher.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the Paradox Launcher start for you? What happens if you press Play in the Paradox Launcher? Do you get an error?

Are you still running Steam in Admin mode? How about Cities.exe? Please undo both those, if so.

no. I`m playing from steam and launcher
In File Explorer right click on steam.exe , properties, compatibility. If anything is ticked in there, untick it, Apply and exit. Then do the same to cities.exe .

Yes. Cities is not runninng. in launcher. press the start button. but create Red flag next to the play button.
so I ask my problem here. but I can't see any signs of getting better.

What does the little red flag say when you point the mouse over it?

Have you tried reinstalling the launcher following the steps in this support article yet?