• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Nicola Jayne

Recruit
7 Badges
May 21, 2021
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
Describe your issue
game fails to load

What is your game version?
1.16 f2

What expansions do you have installed?
After Dark, Snowfall, Natural Disasters, Parklife, Industries

What mods are you using?
tried mds disavbled still crashes

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
if you try and start a new game it starts generating the city then freezes

Can you replicate the issue? If yes, please explain how you did it.

Attachments File(s) attached

Attachments

• error.log
    35,3 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
97% memory in use.
24574 MB physical memory [532 MB free].
57342 MB paging file [0 MB free].
134217728 MB user address space [134162509 MB free].
Read from location 00000010 caused an access violation.
Your pagefile is completely full. As this is very high memory usage I would really like to see the output_log.txt from that crash as well - you either have a LOT of workshop content or you have some mod that's causing a LOT of errors causing a huge spike in memory usage. The output log should tell us which it is.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Your pagefile is completely full. As this is very high memory usage I would really like to see the output_log.txt from that crash as well - you either have a LOT of workshop content or you have some mod that's causing a LOT of errors causing a huge spike in memory usage. The output log should tell us which it is.
here's another try with the two files both the error.log and the output_log.txt I';ve trimmed down the workshop content i have subscribed quite bit as things were slowing right down but since the last update ( i.e. not today/ yesterday the one before) it;s been crasshing more often than not

Attachments

• error.log
    35,3 KB · Views: 0
  • output_log.txt
    2,9 MB · Views: 0
No errors in the log that would explain the high memory usage, so unfortunately, I think you just have more workshop content than your system is able to handle. I don't see the Loading Screen Mod Revisited in your log, you add that as some assets are optimized to be used with it. The mod also lets you load only the assets used in your city and can generate a list of assets a savegame uses, which can help you trim down your subscriptions further.

Alternatively, you can of course upgrade your system to have more RAM (if it supports that) or increase your pagefile to beyond 58 GB, but I would not recommend relying on the pagefile as it's already pretty big. Reducing memory usage or increasing your RAM are better options. Lastly, you can also reduce the texture quality in Options before loading your city. This loads textures at a lower resolution and should reduce RAM usage, but of course, makes all assets look less detailed.

thanks ref the tip re Loading screen Mod revisited - i shall have ot have another trim of workshop content and try the mod

As an YIi currently run 24 GB RAM ( it;s an increasingly aging workstation MoBO with a X5687 Xeon so plenty of CPU grunt despite it;s age but it only documented to take 4gb ddr3 dimms it;s in triple channel 6 slots )

Attachments

• system.JPG
    system.JPG
    44,1 KB · Views: 0