• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

winarabbit

Recruit
10 Badges
Apr 15, 2021
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
Describe your issue
Game failing to launch

What is your game version?
Only number I can seem to find is 1.13.1-f1

What expansions do you have installed?
After Dark, Snowfall, Natural Disasters, Mass Transit, Green Cities, Parklife, Industries, Campus, Sunset Harbor

What mods are you using?
Fine road tool, Metro overhaul, move it, precision engineering, and a few others - however, I can't get to the screen that I would select Content Manager to even see what mods I have.

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
When I hit Play on my Steam account, the Paradox Launcher shows up, giving me the two options of either Resume or Play. When I click either of them, a small red triangle appears to the right of those buttons, stating "Launching game failed." Prior to playing, I subscribed to a few new mods. I have since unsubscribed to those mods, restarted, and all that, but am still getting the same message.

Am running on a Mac. Have attached a screen shot of the message I am getting. Not sure what else one may want/need from my end.

Can you replicate the issue? If yes, please explain how you did it.
n/a

Attachments File(s) attached

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 2.15.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 2.15.30 PM.png
    5,1 MB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
This is very unusual on a Mac! Please attach this log file here:
~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log

To find that file, in Finder do cmd-shift-G to bring up the GOTO box. In there paste ~/Library/ . You will see a /Logs/ folder, and inside that /Unity/ folder. Please attach that file player.log here by dropping it on this support ticket, or use the "Attach file" link here.

Also in Steam please click on Steam-Help-System Info, and paste everything there into a text file and attach that here.

Thanks. I have attached the Player.log file, and information from the Steam-Help-System Info below:

Computer Information:
Manufacturer: Apple
Model: MacBook10,1
Form Factor: Laptop
No Touch Input Detected

Processor Information:
CPU Vendor: GenuineIntel
CPU Brand: Intel(R) Core(TM) m3-7Y32 CPU @ 1.10GHz
CPU Family: 0x6
CPU Model: 0x8e
CPU Stepping: 0x9
CPU Type: 0x0
Speed: 1200 Mhz
4 logical processors
2 physical processors
HyperThreading: Supported
FCMOV: Unsupported
SSE2: Supported
SSE3: Supported
SSSE3: Supported
SSE4a: Unsupported
SSE41: Supported
SSE42: Supported
AES: Supported
AVX: Supported
AVX2: Unsupported
AVX512F: Unsupported
AVX512PF: Unsupported
AVX512ER: Unsupported
AVX512CD: Unsupported
AVX512VNNI: Unsupported
SHA: Unsupported
CMPXCHG16B: Supported
LAHF/SAHF: Supported
PrefetchW: Unsupported

Operating System Version:
MacOS 10.16.0 (64 bit)

Video Card:
Driver: Intel HD Graphics 615
Driver Version: 1.2
OpenGL Version: 2.1
Desktop Color Depth: 32 bits per pixel
Monitor Refresh Rate: 0 Hz
VendorID: 0x8086
DeviceID: 0x591e
Revision: 0x2
Number of Monitors: 1
Number of Logical Video Cards: 1
Primary Display Resolution: 1280 x 800
Desktop Resolution: 1280 x 800
Primary Display Size: 10.20" x 6.34" (11.97" diag)
25.9cm x 16.1cm (30.4cm diag)
Primary VRAM: 0 MB

Memory:
RAM: 8192 Mb

VR Hardware:
VR Headset: None detected

Miscellaneous:
UI Language: English
Media Type: DVD
Total Hard Disk Space Available: 239072 Mb
Largest Free Hard Disk Block: 30200 Mb

Storage:
Number of SSDs: 0
SSD sizes: %s1
Number of HDDs: 0
HDD sizes: %s1

Attachments

• Player.log
    22,7 MB · Views: 0
This is likely due to running the game on an Intel video system, which is not supported hardware for this game. To help with that, In your Steam Library right-click on this game and choose Properties. Click on Set Launch Options, and paste this in there:
-force-glcore

If you still get a problem please attach a new log with that option in place, thanks.

This is likely due to running the game on an Intel video system, which is not supported hardware for this game. To help with that, In your Steam Library right-click on this game and choose Properties. Click on Set Launch Options, and paste this in there:
-force-glcore

If you still get a problem please attach a new log with that option in place, thanks.
I added that in, but getting the same failure message. And yeah, CS runs pretty slow on my laptop, but its all I have at the moment. I have been able to play for the past few months, totaling about 300 hours, without issue, until this occurred.

Thanks again for the help. See updated player log attached.

Attachments

• Player.log
    22,7 MB · Views: 0
I have been able to play for the past few months, totaling about 300 hours, without issue, until this occurred.
This game has not changed since June last year, so something else must have triggered this for you.

I can see that launch option is not in use in that log file - please try adding it again! And to simplify the log file, also add these two, so the whole thing is :

-force-glcore -noWorkshop -disableMods

then let's see a new log file, thanks.

Same issue here. I am new to Cities: Skylines. I was able to play the game once (it was very buggy) and then began to receive the "Launching the Game Failed" message. I am not overly computer savvy, but I located the player.log as directed above.

Attachments

• Player.log
    11,9 MB · Views: 0
Same issue here. I am new to Cities: Skylines. I was able to play the game once (it was very buggy) and then began to receive the "Launching the Game Failed" message. I am not overly computer savvy, but I located the player.log as directed above.
As this machine only has an Intel video system, which is not supported hardware for this game, In your Steam Library right-click on this game and choose Properties. Click on Set Launch Options, and paste this in there:
-force-glcore

If you still have a problem then please attach a new log file, thanks.

As this machine only has an Intel video system, which is not supported hardware for this game, In your Steam Library right-click on this game and choose Properties. Click on Set Launch Options, and paste this in there:
-force-glcore

If you still have a problem then please attach a new log file, thanks.
Didn't work. Here is the new .log file.

Attachments

• Player.log
    11,9 MB · Views: 0
That launch option is not in use in that log file. If you delete it and run the game again does it make a new one?