Cities: Skylines (Steam) - Game crashes with message Array index is out of range. [System.IndexOutOfRangeException] once map is loaded

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

CalumJ17

Recruit
Apr 26, 2021
Describe your issue
Game crashes with message Array index is out of range. [System.IndexOutOfRangeException] once map is loaded

What is your game version?
1.13.1-f1

What expansions do you have installed?
After Dark, Snowfall

What mods are you using?
81 Tiles (Fixed for C:S 1.2+), Advanced Stop Selection, Airport Roads 1.3.7, Auto Repair, CrossTheLine, District UI Tweaks, Elevated Stops Enabler, Extra Landscaping Tools, Extra Train Station Tracks, Find It 2.3.3, Forest Brush v1.3, Harmony 2.0.4-3, Improved Public Transport 2, Fine Road Anarchy 2, Fine Road Tool 2, Loading Screen Mod, No Border Limit Camera, No Pillars ( v1.1+ compatible ), Pedestrian Crossing, Prefab Hook, Prop & Tree Anarchy, Prop Snapping, Save Our Saves, Stops and Station, Tram Station Track, Transparency LOD Fix + Cloud Assets Enabler, Unlimited Trees Mod, UnlimitedOutsideConnections.

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
I have been working on a map for several weeks, however recently shortly after the map loads I get the following error message;
Array index is out of range. [System.IndexOutOfRangeException]
Details: No details
I have tried loading a previous save of the same map however the same error occurred a couple of weeks later
Having launched without mods today using --noWorkshop as per helpdesk search, the game still crashes with the following different error:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object [System.NullReferenceException]
Details: No details
I have also checked that I am not using any of the mods on the below list provided by Paradox helpdesk: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mVFkj_7ij4FLzKs2QJaONNmb9Z-SRqUeG6xFGqEX1ew/edit?usp=sharing

Can you replicate the issue? If yes, please explain how you did it.
Load my save, the save loads with the time paused, I resume the time, it plays for 5 seconds and then the error appears every time I click ok, it appears again instantly over and over again.

Attachments File(s) attached

Attachments

• output_log.txt
    152,2 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Trying to load your existing save without mods is unlikely to work. 81 tiles is a mod that can't always be disabled for a save, so -noWorkshop wouldn't help your save.

Before loading your save, go into Options and find the Loading Screen Mod on the left, then enable the Safe Mode options. Then try loading your save.

If that doesn't help, please attach another output_log.txt from that attempt as well as the save in question.

Hi, I tried loading the save in safe mode as outlined but this did not resolve the issue. I have attached the current output log but I am unclear as to how I attach the save in question?

Attachments

• output_log.txt
    325,8 KB · Views: 0
Local saves are in:
...\AppData\Local\Colossal Order\Cities_Skylines\saves\
(To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer)

Looking at the log and the save, it may be an issue with the transport station you have outside the main 25 tiles. Those outer tiles were never designed to have buildings, and while mods might make it possible to build there, it isn't always without issues. I remember there at least used to be issues with 81 tiles and stations in the outer tiles. Whether that's the case or not, I can't say.

I'd recommend looking at what changes you have made to train or metro networks in the timeframe between the old save that works and the new one that has errors.

Hi, I loaded up the save in question and while the time was paused, I removed all of the train, tram and metro networks that were built in the timeframe between the old save that works and the new one that has errors. Despite this however, the error still appears when I resume time. Here is a copy of the updated output log and the modified map.

Attachments

• Clipland2.crp
    17,5 MB · Views: 0
  • output_log.txt
    260,6 KB · Views: 0