Cities: Skylines (Steam) - Buildings/Props flickering possible broken asset

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Jjconsi

Recruit
7 Badges
Aug 9, 2016
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
Describe your issue
Buildings/Props flickering possible broken asset

What is your game version?
1.13.3-f9

What expansions do you have installed?
After Dark, Snowfall, Natural Disasters, Mass Transit, Green Cities, Parklife, Industries, Sunset Harbor

What mods are you using?
FPS Booster
Patch Loader Mod
Sharp Textures
Ploppable RICO Revisited 2.4.7
Network Skins (Sunset Harbor Compatible)
BOB, the Tree and Prop Replacer 0.7.2.
Rebalanced Industries
Mod Compatibility Checker
Building Variations (disabled)
Airport Roads
Elektrix's Road Tools 2.93
Network Multi-tools 1.2
Vehicle Effects 1.9.1
Intersection Marking Tool 1.8.2
Dynamic Resolution (Fixed for 1.9!)
Custom Effect Loader
Ultimate Eyecandy v1.5.2
Node Controller Renewal 3.1.3
Node Spacer (disabled)
HDRI Haven Cubemap Pack 3
Daylight Classic
Cubemap Replacer (Read Description!)
Railway Replacer
Extra Train Station Tracks (ETST)
Tree and Vehicle Props
Remove Need for Pipes
Prop Painter 4.0 + PaintUI
Precision Engineering
Pollution, Death and Crime Remover Mod
Optimized Outside Connections
Hide It!
Network Extensions 2 (Updated for Sunset Harbor)
No Border Limit Camera
Transparency LODs Fix
No Fires
Unlimited Trees: Revisited
Procedural Objects
Adaptive Prop Visibility Distance
Parallel Road Tool
Prop Snapping
Network Tiling
Camera Positions Utility
Repaint 1.3
Harmony 2.0.4-4 (Mod Dependency)
Clouds & Fog Toggler
Forest Brush v1.3
Advanced Vehicle Options (Sunset Harbor)
Mini FPS Booster
Fine Road Tool 2.0.4
Theme Decals
Render It!
Tree LOD Fix
Prefab Hook (Mod Dependency)
Ultimate Level of Detail (ULOD)
No Abandonment
Shadow Strength Adjuster
Toggleable Whiteness
Tree Movement Control
Prop Remover
Additive Shader
Extra Vehicle Effects (Plugin for Vehicle Effects Mod)
Realistic Walking Speed
Parkify
Speed Slider [v2]
Improved Public Transport 2
Loading Screen Mod
Unlock All + Wonders & Landmarks
Decal Prop Fix
Prop Precision
Prop Line Tool [PLT] (vAlpha)
Unlimited Trees Mod v1.12
Quay Anarchy
No Radioactive Desert And More!
Ploppable Asphalt +
TM:pE V11 STABLE (Traffic Manager: President Edition)
Surface Painter
Prop & Tree Anarchy
Move It
Relight
Fine Road Anarchy 2.0.2
Find It! 2
Extra Landscaping Tools
Theme Mixer 2
81 Tiles (Fixed for 1.2+)

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Flickering in building and prop assets. I experienced slight flickering in some buildings for a while but it has recently moved to flickering in buildings and various props such as props of air ducts on buildings as well as the newspaper box prop that are generated when laying down road. I suspect a faulty asset is at play here. The problem is that I do not know which assets are causing this and I have around 4900~ assets so individual troubleshooting would be quite laborious. Im hoping to see if theres a way to troubleshoot the problem in a way that isnt manually disabling one asset after another to find the culprit. Id appreciate any help/advice on solving this and possibly solving my own problems with flickering in the future as to not disturb you fine folk.

Can you replicate the issue? If yes, please explain how you did it.

Attachments File(s) attached

Attachments

• output_log 9-22-21.txt
    5 MB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
First I suggest you go through your mods and check this list:

If you still get this problem after removing or replacing any bad ones, post a new output log then, and the affected save game file. Thanks!

Well I replaced some mods and it seems to have broken my game completely :(. I think Network Extensions 2 being removed caused the simulation to fail.

Attachments

• output_log.txt
    3,3 MB · Views: 0
  • St%002E Elba PPFX.crp
    16,9 MB · Views: 0
You can't remove Network Extensions 2 without first removing or replacing the roads from the mod, which exist in your city. Best to subscribe it again, try loading and post a new output_log.txt from that attempt.

Well I thought I replaced every road that used Network Ext. 2 and replaced them with roads that didnt say they were part of the mod. Still, when I removed the mod the sim failed. Object reference error. I also noticed that the prop flickering only occurs in certain areas of the map, same with building flickering. I combed through the map to find any road that needed replacing.

Attachments

• St%002E Elba PPFX No NETEX.crp
    17 MB · Views: 0
  • output_log.txt
    5,1 MB · Views: 0
Ok, now I fixed the Network Ext. 2 problem with RON, but the prop/building flickering still occurs. The building flickering seems to happen everywhere but the prop flicker seems to occur in a specific area. Is it possible that an asset is causing the props to malfunction?

Attachments

• output_log.txt
    13,9 MB · Views: 0
That log is massive. There are a lot of errors related to props and a lot of entries from Prop Painter. I also spotted an error from Procedural Objects and Pollution Remover. And then there are some failed assets due to missing networks, which I recommend you either remove or subscribe to the missing networks of. If they're placed in the city they will also cause issues.

I'm not sure what's causing your flickering issues as none of your mods are known to cause problems, but it seems likely to be related to mods. I'd suggest a test without Prop Painter and Procedural Objects just to see if they are the cause of the issues. If not, then I'm afraid you are likely going to need to go through your mods until you find the one causing it. The fastest way is to disable half, test if the issue is there, if it is, then disable half of the remaining mods. If it's gone, then enable half of the ones you just disabled. Keep doing that until you find the one causing issues. And of course remember to restart the game between each test.