Cities: Skylines (Steam) - Allow Intercity Train button cannot be deselected for any stations

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Higgins515

Recruit
10 Badges
Mar 10, 2022
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
Describe your issue
Allow Intercity Train button cannot be deselected for any stations

What is your game version?
1.14.1-f2

What expansions do you have installed?

What mods are you using?
Tram Station Track - Provides Tram Station Track by BloodyPenguin

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
When selecting a station irrespective of whether it is a standard Skylines asset or a community one, the 'Allow Intercity Trains' button cannot be deselected. This is using one of the new maps from the Airport Expansion. It is the second the Airports map I've used and didn't experience any issues with the previous map. The City is a new build and only the reached the required station/population size today. The only change has been the installation of the latest patch.

Can you replicate the issue? If yes, please explain how you did it.
Attached save file shows train line with multiple station types. I am unable to deselect the Allow Intercity Trains button on any off them. As far a I can see everything else is work as expected. Disabling the Mod didn't make any difference so I re-enabled it.

Attachments File(s) attached

Attachments

• Stations2.crp
    9,3 MB · Views: 0
  • 6Like
Reactions:
Addiing my voice to the chorus. With the Birthday update, I cannot change the "enable/disable intercity trains" setting for a passenger depot. it it stuck at the state it was before the update and cannot be toggled. I have attempted this with several compinations of mods enabled/disabled existing city/new city.

Thank you for the reports! We're currently investigating this.

• 8Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
I fear it may be more than just a cosmetic bug. I started using the mod "Transport Line Manager" a couple of months ago as a workaround for the biodiesel bus bug that was introduced with 14.0 (airports) release, but decided I liked it enough to keep it even after the bugfix was released. Now with the birthday update, some train lines appear with incorrect or garbled information in the TLM screens. I haven't yet been able to nail it down what triggers it, but it appears to be simple lines with only 2 stops appear correctly, but more complicated lines do not, and the garbled information is more apparent when the "passengers waiting" view is selected in the mod. Only train lines appear to be affected, other mass transit lines are not. If I can nail it down, I'll submit both here and at the mod's forum for investigation.

I fear it may be more than just a cosmetic bug. I started using the mod "Transport Line Manager" a couple of months ago as a workaround for the biodiesel bus bug that was introduced with 14.0 (airports) release, but decided I liked it enough to keep it even after the bugfix was released. Now with the birthday update, some train lines appear with incorrect or garbled information in the TLM screens. I haven't yet been able to nail it down what triggers it, but it appears to be simple lines with only 2 stops appear correctly, but more complicated lines do not, and the garbled information is more apparent when the "passengers waiting" view is selected in the mod. Only train lines appear to be affected, other mass transit lines are not. If I can nail it down, I'll submit both here and at the mod's forum for investigation.

I'm not big on traffic mods, but maybe there's something else you can check while you're at it. Other players report using TLM as a fix for intercity trains not arriving at metro-monorail-train hub. If this bug is related to cargo trains not arriving at the roadside platform for the airport cargo station, does TLM also fix that? Could you look into it?

I'm not big on traffic mods, but maybe there's something else you can check while you're at it. Other players report using TLM as a fix for intercity trains not arriving at metro-monorail-train hub. If this bug is related to cargo trains not arriving at the roadside platform for the airport cargo station, does TLM also fix that? Could you look into it?
It should. A similar issue as you report with the monorail train hub affects a number of 3rd party multiplatform train depots on the workshop, and since installing the TLM mode I've seen those accept intercity trains. One of the things TLM does is allow you to dedicate specific platforms on a multi-platform train depot for intercity trains. However, I'm not in a position to test with this specific depot, as I've had to temporarily uninstall the mod for the issues I've mentioned above.

It should. A similar issue as you report with the monorail train hub affects a number of 3rd party multiplatform train depots on the workshop, and since installing the TLM mode I've seen those accept intercity trains. One of the things TLM does is allow you to dedicate specific platforms on a multi-platform train depot for intercity trains. However, I'm not in a position to test with this specific depot, as I've had to temporarily uninstall the mod for the issues I've mentioned above.

That doesn't answer my question. All you're saying is how TLM can be used to guide intercity trains, but that doesn't apply to CARGO trains. Does TLM work with that?

Same problem here suddenly started. I hope somebody finds a workaround. Still worked yesterday (11.3.22). I also noticed that the vehicle selection panel (where you can select the intercity train types) suddenly does not display beside the Station info panel anymore but a bit to the right. Playing on Frozenshire map. Loaded an older savegeme (blackwoods map) and there I also have the same problem now. Makes the game kind of unplayable:(.

Last edited:
I have the same issue. I've tested it with --noWorkshop --noAssets and confirmed it happens in a 100% vanilla game:

1. Start a new map with --noWorkshop, plus the "Unlock All" local mod enabled
2. Place a train station and click on it
3. Try to toggle "Allow intercity trains"
4. Button does not respond - as if the click is not even being registered.

Like the other posters, this is causing me quite a lot of annoyance, particularly with the mod TLM.

I am playing on Windows 10, via Steam. I have all DLCs except Natural Disasters and Airports, plus a few of the CCPs including the train station pack.

Thanks in advance.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Same problem, thank god it wasn't a mod, i thought my carefully crafted historical city where i plopped and arranged most of the buildings was going to hell. But it also happens on a vanilla map with no mods on so yeah i hope it gets resolved quickly.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I can confirm the same.

After getting the 7th anniversary update (Chirper Balloon tours, etc), I am no longer able to toggle "Allow Intercity Trains" on trains stations, and I cannot toggle "Disable University Boost" on the Hadron Collider.

I have a new suburb just waiting to get hooked up to the city, the train station is off because I don't want intercity trains going there yet, so now instead of trains, using buses just because I can't touch the Intercity button anymore.

Happy Anniversary!

McD

I have the same issue as well, except on top of it I keep getting pop ups where it says the line is not finished even though it is when you hover over the stop with the mouse it shows the complete line and that's for all forms of public transport.

Nobody catches public transport or there will be heaps of people at a stop and the mode of transport just wont pick them up.

From a cursory review of the symptoms here is where I stand:
1- The Birthday patch update has a bug where the "enable intercity traffic" button on the properties for a train depot no longer works. Others have reported a similar issue with a button on the properties for the Hedron Collider, but I usually do not use the wonders in my maps.
2- Something in this update, possibly the same bug, has broke the mod TLM (Transit Line Manager), resulting in garbled info screens for some passenger train lines, and game crashes. I have a number of other mods, probably the highest risk are 81 tiles and TM:pE, unkown if they played a factor.
3-Uninstalling TLM resolves the crashes and garbled screens. This for me isn't a huge deal is irronically I only began using the TLM mod as a workaround for the biodiesel bus bug introduced with 14.0, so I'm still used to the vanilla mass transit screens. (Although I must admit I've come like the added features of TLM in the short time I've used it).
4-After uninstalling TLM only the original issue of buttons no longer working remains.

From a cursory review of the symptoms here is where I stand:
1- The Birthday patch update has a bug where the "enable intercity traffic" button on the properties for a train depot no longer works. Others have reported a similar issue with a button on the properties for the Hedron Collider, but I usually do not use the wonders in my maps.
2- Something in this update, possibly the same bug, has broke the mod TLM (Transit Line Manager), resulting in garbled info screens for some passenger train lines, and game crashes. I have a number of other mods, probably the highest risk are 81 tiles and TM:pE, unkown if they played a factor.
3-Uninstalling TLM resolves the crashes and garbled screens. This for me isn't a huge deal is irronically I only began using the TLM mod as a workaround for the biodiesel bus bug introduced with 14.0, so I'm still used to the vanilla mass transit screens. (Although I must admit I've come like the added features of TLM in the short time I've used it).
4-After uninstalling TLM only the original issue of buttons no longer working remains.
I can rule out TLM as a factor cause i dont have that mod installed at all. Maybe the TM E mod played a factor i'm not sure.