• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

JuliusAlexander

First Lieutenant
33 Badges
Aug 27, 2012
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV
Describe your issue
A variety of issues after the patch

What is your game version?

What expansions do you have installed?

What mods are you using?
All mods the game tells me to disable have been disabled. The game won't load if I disable all mods so can't test it without.

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Missing networks including road and rail lines, missing vanilla assets from the Park life DLC (National Park assets), major graphical and lighting issues, the game keeps randomly disabling all my mods, missing workshop assets that I'm still subscribed to, missing vanilla assets from Campus DLC, previously landscape areas no longer landscaped. The game is in a completely unplayable state despite my following the instructions on the Reddit page. See screenshots for examples

Can you replicate the issue? If yes, please explain how you did it.
Loaded the game.

Attachments File(s) attached

Attachments

• problem.png
    problem.png
    4,8 MB · Views: 0
  • problem3.png
    problem3.png
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • problem2.png
    problem2.png
    4,5 MB · Views: 0
  • Before.png
    Before.png
    4,4 MB · Views: 0
  • After.png
    After.png
    3,7 MB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
All mods the game tells me to disable have been disabled.

If by this, you mean the mods that have a warning sign on Content Manager, it's not always that you have to unsubscribe from them. Better check with the thread - and the list linked in it - below:

Also, after sorting out the mods, could you try starting a new game to see if the problems remain?

If by this, you mean the mods that have a warning sign on Content Manager, it's not always that you have to unsubscribe from them. Better check with the thread - and the list linked in it - below:

Also, after sorting out the mods, could you try starting a new game to see if the problems remain?

Edit: Clarification (I didn't read what I'd wrote). What I meant was when the game tells you a certain mod has loaded with errors and highly recommends that you disable it. In such cases those mods have been disabled as per the advice on screen. In more general terms, see below.

No, what I mean is I launch the game, all my mods are disabled. I go into content manager, re-enable all the mods, exit the game, relaunch, all my mods are disabled and the content manager has no mods in it. I close the game, re-launch the game, my mods are back and all disabled.

Last edited:
A wee update: I've verified the network issues are visual, not systemic. Traffic uses them as normal, and from some angles the roads are there, others they're blue lines. See the two pics of an area of my city with a 180 degree comparrisson.

Attachments

• Angle 1.png
    Angle 1.png
    5,1 MB · Views: 0
  • Angle 2.png
    Angle 2.png
    4,5 MB · Views: 0
I swear to god I'm at the end of my tether with this right now. The above visual problems appear to have been the result of a corrupted save, and do not appear on previous saves. However the game is still randomly disabling all my mods, whilst telling me I don't have any mods, and even when I activate the mods I have, it then decides to deactivate some when I load the game. The god damn game has gone Skynet on me.

• 1Like
Reactions:
It seems other users have been reporting this same issue - mods randomly being disabled/enabled. Let's wait and see if the devs will have some answer for it tomorrow

We're currently investigating this. For the time being, I recommend enabling mods in small batches and backing up the userGameState.cgs after each batch. The mods being disabled happens after the file gets corrupted and reset.

It's found here and just needs to be copied somewhere else to back it up. If it's 0KB then it's corrupted.
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Colossal Order\Cities_Skylines

We're currently investigating this. For the time being, I recommend enabling mods in small batches and backing up the userGameState.cgs after each batch. The mods being disabled happens after the file gets corrupted and reset.

It's found here and just needs to be copied somewhere else to back it up. If it's 0KB then it's corrupted.
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Colossal Order\Cities_Skylines

Thanks but they're two separate issues. The missing networks and buildings was because of a corrupted save. It happened because I didn't follow the instruction to not overwrite an existing save, doing precisely what I wasn't supposed to (I didn't notice the post). That is resolved because knowing it was corrupt I just went to a back up I made.

Mods disabling after I quit is not only happening regardless, it's not unique to me, it's happened to others who didn't get a resolution it seems either. I did research and found a few cases on the internet (one Steam, two Reddit) of a variety of people who suffer the same issues, albeit several years ago. There's this case here with probably the least helpful reply imaginable, this one where no answer was given, and finally this one but none of the solutions work for me.

Other than this the game works perfectly fine, it's just a monumental pain in the arse having to activate mods every session, and I can't activate them in small batches because the moment I restart the mods vanish.

Last edited:
Thanks Avanya for the reply.

I have the same problem and the file is 0 kb, I will try to do as you said while waiting for a solution.

Sometimes the file is not in the specified folder.
Is this normal?

Last edited:
Thanks Avanya for the reply.

I have the same problem and the file is 0 kb, I will try to do as you said while waiting for a solution.

Sometimes the file is not in the specified folder.
Is this normal?

The same problem as in massive graphic glitches? Or the same thing as in mods disabling on start? Again, they're two separate problems the former has been resolved by simply reverting to an alternative save. If your file is 0kb it means the file can't be read which means it's corrupt so just load up an older save, it should work fine. If it doesn't, your problem isn't a corrupted save game and you should open up a new thread/ticket.

I also had the issue of mods being disabled on startup.

By copying this file and adding it to the indicated folder, I found the mods.
I was able to recover my save and was able to start a new town.
Without this file, I couldn't open my city

The issue with the userGameState.cgs file should now be resolved as we applied an update a few hours ago. You will need to enable your mods again since the last time the file reset, but they should stay enabled now.