• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TAFAQ

Corporal
10 Badges
Jul 8, 2020
vk.com
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
Hello!
Game randomly crashed (may be 5 min, may be 45 min).
I try clean reinstall, with system upgrade - clean install w10, try update using mods and delete not actual.
Archive contains all the necessary files for review.

What will be the solutions to the problem?

(Sorry for my English, I'm Russian)

Attachments

• 2020-06-23_221842.zip
    68,7 KB · Views: 0
  • 2020-06-22_213606.zip
    68,3 KB · Views: 0
  • 2020-06-23_222602.zip
    70 KB · Views: 0
  • 2020-07-07_220644.zip
    68,4 KB · Views: 0
  • 2020-07-07_221152.zip
    75,4 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
I went to the "Event Viewer" and saw a pattern. Time crash = time allert
Each crash is accompanied with an error "Приложению ("C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay_5.621.4222.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\GameBarFTServer.exe" -Embedding) (PID: 12996) не удалось завершить вызов COM/RPC из-за неверного сообщения от сервера. Действие пользователя Повторите операцию. Если проблема повторяется, обратитесь к системному администратору."

Can Xboxblabla cause crash?

Снимок экрана 2021-06-06 213705.png
Снимок экрана 2021-06-06 213811.png
Снимок экрана 2021-06-06 213847.png

Assuming this is not the Xbox/Gamepass edition of the game, it cannot be related to these crashes, no.

You only mentioned Windows Defender before, but we see this in the crash stack:
C:\Program Files\AVG\Antivirus\aswAMSI.dll
Make sure cities.exe is it all its exceptions lists, and it is not doing realtime scans of the game's folders, in particular ...\AppData\Local\Colossal Order\Cities_Skylines\

Yes, indeed, after all this, I installed AWG free. But with add exceptions - situation was not change.
Now I delete AWG and install AVAST, but the crash occurs immediately. 1-2 minutes after loading the map

And I really don't understand what the f* is going on. 3070 fully supported? r9 380x 4gb is all good. There was also a crash on rtx2070, but it was so rare that it did not interfere.
But 3070....

Attachments

• 2021-06-18_231604.zip
    53 KB · Views: 0
Now Avast is in the crash stack. Have you now added cities.exe to its exceptions lists, and disabled its realtime scan of the game folders?

If that doesn't help, please try each of these three launch options separately:

-force-d3d9
-force-glcore30
-force-opengl

Does that make any difference? If so, I'm afraid I suspect you may have a problem with your nVidia driver, or more likely the card - while I though they were resolved, the early releases of the 30x0 did have quite a few hardware faults.

Now Avast is in the crash stack. Have you now added cities.exe to its exceptions lists, and disabled its realtime scan of the game folders?
yep. See ScreenShot

Now i update VBIOS on GeForce RTX™ 3070 GAMING OC 8G from F10 to F12. Enable silent mode from OC on grafic card. Replace game from ssd to hdd.
No results. Crash after loading the map. Can see in archive

Next step - trying launch options

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2021-06-19 130726.png
    Снимок экрана 2021-06-19 130726.png
    22,3 KB · Views: 0
  • 2021-06-19_125212.zip
    56,5 KB · Views: 0
From those it is pretty clear the problem is not in the graphics/video area of your machine. What is causing it though is not showing anywhere AFAICS.

@co_avanya is there any way you can please get a dev to look at all these .dmp files and see what is triggering this crash?

Sure, I'll pass the files on!

@TAFAQ Can you try loading a new game on a map that isn't temperate, like Sandy Beach or Black Woods? Is the result the same on those maps?

From those it is pretty clear the problem is not in the graphics/video area of your machine. What is causing it though is not showing anywhere AFAICS.

@co_avanya is there any way you can please get a dev to look at all these .dmp files and see what is triggering this crash?
Looks like it's trying to access some invalid memory address. Unfortunately, we aren't sure why that happens.

@TAFAQ I noticed that Nvidia released a new driver for your GPU yesterday. While I don't have high hopes it will do the trick, it's worth updating to the latest one anyways.

Hello! Any updates?
I tried to play now and 1 try crash at load game, 2 try crashed when load game and tried zoom out map

Attachments

• 2021-08-14_001140.zip
    315,5 KB · Views: 0
  • 2021-08-14_001326.zip
    58,8 KB · Views: 0
That second log really looks like an nVidia driver or card problem, I have to say. Try this:

- uninstall the nvidia driver and all other nVidia software
- reboot
- install the latest (August 2021, just out) from here:
- reboot again

If that doesn't help, also add this launch option to the ones you have in use:
-force-d3d9

Good luck!

Aha!
C:\Users\TAFAQ\AppData\Local\Discord\app-1.0.9002\modules\discord_hook-2\discord_hook\3ef887dbc3a\DiscordHook64.dll
Please disable the Discord overlay, or exit that app entirely, and see if you still get this problem.

I'm not sure what to make of these errors leading up to the crash:
Missing sprite IconPolicyAmusementParkAd in Ingame [UI - Internal]
Doesn't seem likely they'd trigger a crash though.

What is the history of the save you are playing here, has it had mods or custom assets used in it before?

@co_avanya is there any way you can get the devs to look into the .dmp file here?