• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well this sucks, who will play Cities: Skylines on Switch? Plus you'll never reach over 500,000 population in consoles without shutting down, even on Xbox and PS4. PC/Steam version remains the best, with over 100,000 workshop content available. And not to mention much faster CPUs on PC allowing you to reach 1,000,000 population without your machine shutting down.

Last edited:
If it’s anything like how things have been for us PS4 and Xbox users, I already feel sorry Switch players.

Switch version has benefited from the XBX and PS4 releases given it is 2 DLCs behind. Thanks for blazing the trail for us.

I do hope we hear about patching/DLC announcements for Switch sooner rather than later.

Love the game. It will be nice if the Nintendo Switch edition can include DLC / Updates which can allow players to ride on a transport (car, bus, etc.), not just <follow> the vehicle, so that players can enjoy and experience the city they build from a street-level 1st person view angle. This function will be like: Cities Skylines City Drive.

"Difficulty to Extend A Footbridge, Nintendo Switch Version":
When I extend a footbridge, I place the starting point overlapping on one end of the footbridge then press (A) to extend. The operation on the console should be the same as that of extending a vehicle bridge. I succeeded in extending a vehicle bridge, but not for a footbridge. I found that the software seemed like "having difficulty" to recognize that the overlapping point was already at the end of the footbridge so when I extended, the original footbridge would be bulldozed and only the new extension remained. Can the software be fixed?

"Difficulty to Extend A Footbridge, Nintendo Switch Version":
When I extend a footbridge, I place the starting point overlapping on one end of the footbridge then press (A) to extend. The operation on the console should be the same as that of extending a vehicle bridge. I succeeded in extending a vehicle bridge, but not for a footbridge. I found that the software seemed like "having difficulty" to recognize that the overlapping point was already at the end of the footbridge so when I extended, the original footbridge would be bulldozed and only the new extension remained. Can the software be fixed?

Let`s hope so, i believe they will.

So the other consoles are on 3 month schedule between DLC announcements. That would put any news for Cities Skylines Switch Edition DLCs to be announced around December or in the January Nintendo direct.

Fingers crossed. Also hoping for a patch on the base game!

Can anyone explain to me on the Accessibility of Parks & Plazas (P&P) as well as Unique Buildings (UB)? When I build the first park for my city with the population of 2000, I build it in the Residential Zone (the park is surrounded by residents). The accessibility of the park is lowest, only 10 to 20 people visit. All buildings / houses even those right next to the park are red. When the population goes up to 4000, the accessibility stays the same: red / lowest.
Is the accessibility affected by the kind of park I use?
Is the accessibility affected by the zone I locate the P&P or UB?

The situation is the same to the Unique Buildings. When my city grows up to 70000 population, I have plenty of Parks and Plazas as well as Unique Buildings in the city. Unique Buildings such as Expo is located in Tourism Zone and is connected with bus and metro (metro entrance/exit is just located right besides the UB) but it only has 2 to 3 visit. However, the metro has lots of people getting in/out. They just don't visit Expo. What's wrong am I doing?

It appears that I am limited to 9 tiles (36 km^2) on the Switch. Is this correct?

Also, I assume there is neither moddability or the ability to download other peoples' mods.

Also, my *computer* has Windows 10: does that mean that if I bought the Steam version instead, it would have the same limitations? Or does "Windows 10" in the forum name mean on the Xbox?

All versions have maximum 9 tiles to build on, there are mods on the Steam version that unlock more. it is unlikely that these mods will be available on the Console versions. The Windows 10 edition is different from the Steam edition, the fact that your PC is running Windows 10 does not mean that you can only run the Windows 10 edition. If you want to play the game with mods and have access to DLC/Expansions when they are first released then buy the Steam edition, if you want to play the game on your PC with a controller but not to have access to any mods then buy the Windows 10 edition.