• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

robbylushae

Recruit
Apr 30, 2020
is paradox interactive going to make a new cities skylines for next generation consoles, if so, can you make it so that companies can be well known corporations businesses, maybe allow the uploading of logo's or images also can you make it so that companies right across the street from each other are not just buildings with the same signs on them? I have more request, but I want to wait for your reply. btw I enjoy this game so much to the point I brought it twice, once on xbox 1 and once on PC.

Upvote 0
I don't think CO could afford long term licences for multiple major businesses. Why do you think the football stadiums DLC was taken down after a spell?

• 1Like
Reactions:
I don't think CO could afford long term licences for multiple major businesses. Why do you think the football stadiums DLC was taken down after a spell?
that licence was for a year, i believe. when that was announced i did say that CO could look at product/brand placement

Wouldn't putting a co.'s brand or logo in such a popular title/video game be beneficial for them? (kinda like how the concept of free product placement works)

Wouldn't putting a co.'s brand or logo in such a popular title/video game be beneficial for them? (kinda like how the concept of free product placement works)
that's what i meant. companies could pay to have their brand in the game, but the company would probably be hesitant to have their brand exposed to modders. do any games have product placement?

what if they allow us to upload logos kind of how nba 2k20 does, and once we upload the image we can place it on blank business signs, then CO won't be liable

I would assume this is already possible in the workshop? I see sign mods anyway, just guessing it is useful for buildings as well.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I
didn't think of it that way, I agree, but I'm sure the companies will want a taste if CO did use their logos, even if their particular company is not the logo everyone is buying it for, they'll say, "your game will be making money, our companies logos are in the game surely we will be the reason for this game's success, where's our cut?"