Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters FAQ

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TheLetterZ

Community Developer, general sweetheart
46 Badges
Nov 5, 2013
  • Empire of Sin
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • War of the Roses
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Paradox Order
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Rome Gold
  • Starvoid
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sengoku
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Lead and Gold
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
IMPORTANT! STREAMERS/YOUTUBERS - PLEASE NOTE:
The free update includes a radio station (GoldFM) with licensed music, which can not be streamed or in let’s plays, because the licence holders will issue copyright claims. Please avoid switching to this station when streaming/doing an LP.

What time will Natural Disasters be available?
Around 15.00 CET / 6 AM Pacific, give or take 20 minutes to account for store updates.

When will the new free update release?
About one hour before release.

Will there be a pre-load?
No.

Will the update/expansion break my saves?
Nope!

What’s in the Free Update?
The Scenario Editor and Radio station functionality and three stations, are a free update that everyone will get! More info here

What’s in the Expansion?
Deep, Impactful Gameplay: Keep your city going through the devastation of several possible doomsday scenarios, from towering infernos to the day the sky exploded. Natural Disasters includes Earthquakes, Thunderstorms, Tsunamis, Forest Fires, Tornadoes, Sinkholes and Meteors! Detailed info here

Will the update/expansion break mods?
There’s always a risk that new game updates can break mods. Please give the modders some days to update their creations.

Since the update/expansion I’ve got problems! What do I do?
Firstly, always disable all mods and custom assets and then restart the game and try again. If the problem persist, please contact our support.

I don’t have any disasters in game, when will disasters activate?
Disasters are unlocked at Milestone 2.

I’m at Milestone 2 and no disasters are triggered?
Try adjusting the frequency and/or turning random disasters on and off. You can also try triggering a manual disaster.

What’s Relaxation Station?
It’s a completely new radio station which is not included in the free update of the radio feature. It includes 20 new songs, a new dj host called Jason and is sold separately as a music DLC for 3,99$ for those who want more new music directly. The genres are: lounge, groove, jazz and caribbean vibes (bossa nova like).

For the mod issues:
Disabling isn't always enough as they are still installed and can have an affect on other files. What I recommend is as follows:
- To to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Colossal Order\Cities_Skylines
- Save the Addon folder to your desktop
- Delete the Addons folder from the above URL
- Restart the game

It should work fine now (but with no mods) and users can then add mods one by one to see which one is broken or wait for the creators to update them.

Last edited:
Reactions:
This looks like an official information and announcement post to me, so why is it posted here and not in Official Information and Announcements? ;p

Reactions:
Confirmed: debacle. Of 15 mods that are, 4 fail, 2 have lost the name and saved game does not work ..
Also if I go to Workshop outside the game, I still subscribe to the 35 .. ?¿ :confused:
The 1st update game that destroys practically 2/3 of mods installed. To wait for modders to update. :)

For now touch to remove mods and start new game.

Edit.- Many conflicts between mods, after of updated several, the thing gets good.

Last edited:
Well, one more time the only really interesting game update (not talking DLCs - these you have the choice to buy or not) would have been an option to update or not, combined with a roll-back possibility.

I don't think there are still many people playing vanilla, mods are the most interesting addition to this game (and I for one bought the game because of the modding community).
At least with the roll-back sandbox players like me would have the possibility to continue playing, instead of just hoping for mods updates... though I'm sure key modders like Boformer, SamSamTS, BloodyPenguin and a few others are already at it.

Well, one more time the only really interesting game update (not talking DLCs - these you have the choice to buy or not) would have been an option to update or not, combined with a roll-back possibility.

I don't think there are still many people playing vanilla, mods are the most interesting addition to this game (and I for one bought the game because of the modding community).
At least with the roll-back sandbox players like me would have the possibility to continue playing, instead of just hoping for mods updates... though I'm sure key modders like Boformer, SamSamTS, BloodyPenguin and a few others are already at it.
SamSamTS, BloodyPenguin and PropaneDragon with his mythical Rush Hour are updating. They are fast, hehe.

Reactions:
they probably have early access to the patches

Not talking about mods directly but does this expansion break community created assets such as cars and buildings?

I only have a few quality of life mods installed (mostly relating to the UI)
I've witnessed vehicles being tossed 200 meters into the sky by a tornado, only to crash to the ground again without a scratch... the driver was also unharmed but felt confused ;)
Seriously though, no. Assets and vehicle assets are unaltered by the DLC/update.

Reactions:
Not talking about mods directly but does this expansion break community created assets such as cars and buildings?

I only have a few quality of life mods installed (mostly relating to the UI)

I had a minor issue where I was both subscribed to my own asset AND had the asset file (.crp) still in my Addons directory. When I loaded any city (or the scenario editor, etc), I got an error about duplicate prefabs or whatnot. But, soon as I unsubscribed to my asset, the error went away.

What I'm saying is, if you make assets and publish them to the Workshop, you might want to either unsubscribe from your own or remove the local copy from Addons. :)

Reactions:
Automatic fire always occurs in the area of my city which is full with plants,over and over again!
With the ending of fire,most of helicopters stay at a unfired-place,sprinkleing water,and don't move again.
All the helicopters become useless in the end.
Why does this happen?Is this a kinds of Bugs?

Attachments

• 20161203121136_1.jpg
    20161203121136_1.jpg
    256,5 KB · Views: 68
  • 20161203121234_1.jpg
    20161203121234_1.jpg
    257,5 KB · Views: 59
  • 20161203121303_1.jpg
    20161203121303_1.jpg
    245,4 KB · Views: 59
  • 20161203121350_1.jpg
    20161203121350_1.jpg