Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters - Dev Diary 1: Meteors and Helicopters

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Reactions:
This is really cool looking expansion pack. But will we ever see polices riding on horses instead of driving cars? Because those would be nice to see too.
And second thing. Are you planning to do "natural disaster caused a bigger disaster" kinda thing? *chough* Fukushima *chough* Basically that if Nuclear Powerplant gets damaged during natural disaster it would start spreading radiation all over city. The stronger the wind, the larger area it will spread. You could use system to count it like ground pollution. It starts slowly without big difference citizens lifes but after some times more people gets sick and if you just keep ignoring it people will die. And when Nuclear Powerplant is repaired it will slowly start reducing radiation. And because trees also helps reduce it you don't need to create very hard system. Basically just combine noise pollution, ground pollution and wind speed and you have nice system.

PS. I'm not coder or something so I have no idea how those things work :D

Reactions:
I can understand the decision regarding this expansion would not include non-natural disasters.

Nevertheless, I’d like to see some unnatural situations going on in the game at some point in time, maybe in another expansion. I completely agree that city-simulation game is not a genre where zombies and Bruce Willies pop up inside the screen but some science-fiction things could be added without misleading the purpose of building an “old-school city builder”. SimCity franchise have done that and as a player I have thoroughly enjoyed some non-natural disaster. Particularly when non-natural-science-fiction disaster are linked in some way with player’s action.

For instance, I’m thinking about “the monster” (AKA Godzilla) which appeared in SimCity 2000. Its appearance was related with pollution in the city.

Besides it adds humor to the game. For me, humor is a nice part of playing a videogame (I still laugh when I read the description of pigs inside a farm in CS, “Wondering around” as well as several chirps from Chirpy ).

At the end of the day we’re talking about a videogame, not a 100% real (and boring) simulator such as a DSGE model (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_stochastic_general_equilibrium)

Reactions: