Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit announced!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TinyWiking

Team Lead - Customer Support
Administrator
Paradox Staff
89 Badges
Jul 1, 2015
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Limited Collectors Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Prison Architect
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Haemimont Games Staff
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • PDXCON 2017 Gold Ticket holder
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 200k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Victoria 2 A House Divided Beta
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Magicka 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • IPO Investor
  • Eugen Systems Staff
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Surviving Mars
STOCKHOLM – Feb. 28, 2017 — Paradox Interactive, a publisher of games that play fare, today announced a new expansion coming soon for Cities: Skylines, the award-winning city-builder from Colossal Order. The expansion, titled “Mass Transit,” will bring new forms of transportation to the PC game, allowing mayor-players to offer in-game citizens new ways to get across town by land, sea, and air. With new transit service buildings, mass transit hubs where lines can exchange passengers, new scenarios, new landmarks, and new road types, Mass Transit will provide veteran players of Cities: Skylines with more choices and options to personalize their cities than ever before.

This link will provide a massive transition from the announcement to a new trailer:

Sick Transit, Glorious Money:
Add a wealth of new transit options to your city, and add wealth to your city’s income! Let your citizens get across town in ferries, blimps, cable cars, and monorails!

Orderly Hub, Bub:
New mass transit hubs can bring all of your services together, letting citizens change rail lines in one building, or hop from the bus onto the ferry, or even find their way through a sprawling monorail-train-metro station.

Become a Roads Scholar:
Explore a set of new challenge scenarios focused on fixing traffic problems and adding new transit systems. New road types, bridges and canals adds variety to your city, and new ways to solve its challenges. Become an expert in traffic flow, and then use that knowledge to improve your personal city!

New Hats for Chirper:
NEW. HATS. FOR CHIRPER. (and also new unique buildings, policies and achievements. But HATS!)

Per usual, the new expansion will arrive together with a free update to the base game upon release. This free update adds mod-inspired features to traffic management, such as an extended public transport budget, emergency vehicle overtaking and more road features. The patch will also include the much-requested ability to name roads.

mmmmmmmm.... "mod-inspired features".

EDIT: due to the confusion caused by this post, read this as "Wow, finally they're implementing stuff that is proven as required, this really makes me happy."

Last edited:
Woooo.
I thought I saw something saying next expansion definitely wouldn't be traffic based.
This is something the game has missed.

Also so close to first post lol

mmmmmmmm.... "mod-inspired features".

To be fair, theres nothing they could do that hasn't been done in mods.
Before after dark there was a day/ night mod. I'm sure there were already disaster mods.
Theres a mod which turns the game into Microsoft flight simulator ffs.
Be thankful that they released such powerful mod tools that allow such complex and polished mods in the first place.
Or would you rather zero additional content in your game?

wow this is fantastic news this is literally the expansion I have been waiting for since the game was released! thanks so much am excited for this one :)

Before after dark there was a day/ night mod. I'm sure there were already disaster mods.
Be thankful that they released such powerful mod tools that allow such complex and polished mods in the first place.

ugh... I wasn't complaining.

Well, definitely looking forward to cable cars, it'll be nice to make little areas on mountains!

Speaking of which, I hope the cable cars will be capable of some limited cargo transportation, something which they are used for in real life so we can have truly isolated commercial/tourist areas on mountains, particularly tempting with zonal pedestrian roads from certain mods!

Oh, c'mon, Paradox! I am already interested in Stellaris Galactic Edition and now you come with this trailer? what you want? drive me into bankruptcy? ;)

Mental note: I need to remember to see if my PC can run both this game and Stellaris.

To be fair, I think you were reading too much into his post. I never saw that as a complaint and "Mmmm" sounds more like approval than complaint.

In the trailer, I think I saw elevated railroad over the streets similar to those in NYC or Chicago.