• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

Fox_NS_CAN

General
1 Badges
Oct 26, 2016
  • Major Wiki Contributor
Would it be weird if I said yes (maybe not the the paperwork, but the other two things)?
Not really.

This game is a lot of different things to a lot of different people, and I don't doubt that it is difficult for CO to cater to everyone.

I enjoy a bit of micro-managing the city, but lean more towards "city painter". I mostly want to build and let the city do it's own thing. I don't want to constantly have to tweak and balance things.
I get that that is not everyone's cup of tea.

I do want to see the cims do realistic things, as much as possible within reason. I do want the city to look realistic. But 100% realism is not a goal I would want met.

AlastairK

Recruit
Jul 6, 2019
Really enjoyed your videos; very informative and enjoyable. I'm experiencing a couple of issues with the new industries DLC. Firstly the ore runs out a few years which seems strange. I know it is not a renewable resource but seriously, it should be longer than a few years. So then I have to open up a new area and when I try to move the main building from the old depleted one and into a new one (correctly zoned) it says I can't! I have to buy a new one and destroy the old one. Is this is a bug? Any help appreciated.

Fox_NS_CAN

General
1 Badges
Oct 26, 2016
  • Major Wiki Contributor
Really enjoyed your videos; very informative and enjoyable. I'm experiencing a couple of issues with the new industries DLC. Firstly the ore runs out a few years which seems strange. I know it is not a renewable resource but seriously, it should be longer than a few years. So then I have to open up a new area and when I try to move the main building from the old depleted one and into a new one (correctly zoned) it says I can't! I have to buy a new one and destroy the old one. Is this is a bug? Any help appreciated.
Use the Industry Area tool to expand the existing area all the way to the new area. Move the main building. Move everything else. Then erase the area over the old area.

That way you are moving the existing area, not creating a new one. Keeps your level up.

metacritical

Unquestionably brilliant. FACT.
23 Badges
Mar 19, 2016
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Prison Architect
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Cities: Skylines Industries