• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

Fox_NS_CAN

General
1 Badges
Oct 26, 2016
  • Major Wiki Contributor
If there is a Spring DLC coming, I would not expect to hear anything until at least March, if not April, based on previous experience.

If there are any plans for Cities Skylines' anniversary, maybe later February or early March.

My guess anyway.

Fox_NS_CAN

General
1 Badges
Oct 26, 2016
  • Major Wiki Contributor

co_emmi

Captain
1 Badges
Sep 22, 2014
  • Colossal Order Staff
The last update was months ago.
Have you noticed the new YouTube channel of Cities: Skylines: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV9RoEcgAO1Uc7oxZGS8Lkw/featured

@Azurespecter has posted the latest dev diaries of Cities: Skylines to the forum first page and lifted them visible to Paradoxplaza home page so it would be easier to notice them! Please find them here (pinned threads): https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/cities-skylines.859/

PeWaga

Recruit
May 14, 2017
Have you noticed the new YouTube channel of Cities: Skylines: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV9RoEcgAO1Uc7oxZGS8Lkw/featured

@Azurespecter has posted the latest dev diaries of Cities: Skylines to the forum first page and lifted them visible to Paradoxplaza home page so it would be easier to notice them! Please find them here (pinned threads): https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/cities-skylines.859/
Oh come on Emmi! Tells us more. Are you working on another DLC or Cities:Skylines 2?
We are dying to find out more what is going on with our favourite game studio!

Keltia_Vikinga

Major
14 Badges
Mar 6, 2015
cimfrance.blogspot.com
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
Oh come on Emmi! Tells us more. Are you working on another DLC or Cities:Skylines 2?
We are dying to find out more what is going on with our favourite game studio!
You should ask to Paradox Interactive instead of Colossal Order.
They're not publisher for nothing. :)

Phil V

Second Lieutenant
11 Badges
Mar 31, 2015
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Age of Wonders III
Eventually is very long time ( for some ). But seriously someone posted on steam you're working on something codename " Crunchy " and are play testing it

Last edited:

PeWaga

Recruit
May 14, 2017
You'll find out eventually ;)
Speaking of the devil, there she is! I think I will speak for everyone, when I'll say: WE MISSED YOU! Glad to see you're still with us and I surely looking forward to your new project(s)!

Eventually is very long time ( for some ). But seriously someone posted on steam you're working on something codename " Chunky " and are play testing it
Any ideas what this codename means? Chunky means heavy, heavy might mean big...Huge core update regarding traffic in the game?

Phil V

Second Lieutenant
11 Badges
Mar 31, 2015
  • Age of Wonders III
Speaking of the devil, there she is! I think I will speak for everyone, when I'll say: WE MISSED YOU! Glad to see you're still with us and I surely looking forward to your new project(s)!

Any ideas what this codename means? Chunky means heavy, heavy might mean big...Huge core update regarding traffic in the game?

I meant "Crunchy" and no idea friend
Here is what was posted;-
DLC incoming soon!
I looked through the Steamapp database and just today it shows that they are creating the trailer for the next DLC! :)

Also, the internal codename for the dlc is "Crunchy" but it doesn't mean anything because it's just a name they use internally. (industries was called "icebreaker").

Also they are playtesting the 1.12 patch.

Last edited:

PeWaga

Recruit
May 14, 2017
I meant "Crunchy" and no idea friend
Here is what was posted;-
DLC incoming soon!
I looked through the Steamapp database and just today it shows that they are creating the trailer for the next DLC! :)

Also, the internal codename for the dlc is "Crunchy" but it doesn't mean anything because it's just a name they use internally. (industries was called "icebreaker").

Also they are playtesting the 1.12 patch.
Hey Phil! Thanks SO MUCH for this update!;-) I can't wait to look at the trailer!

Dreepa

First Lieutenant
63 Badges
Jan 27, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Knights of Honor
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Magicka 2
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Victoria 2
  • Starvoid
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Majesty 2
  • Magicka
  • Lead and Gold
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Age of Wonders
  • BATTLETECH
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • War of the Roses
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
So in every design talk I've seen from the CO lead designer Karoliina Korppoo, she stressd "fun over realism".
How is it fun to move your ore mines and oil pumps 5 inches every 20minutes? That's not fun at all, even if it might be realistic.

Just saying.

Mhh... now that I think of it, it might not even be realistic, because the mines dig tunnels in different directions underground, and the oil reservoires underground are usually one big super large cavern.

dj97

First Lieutenant
8 Badges
Oct 8, 2014
  • Cities in Motion 2
So in every design talk I've seen from the CO lead designer Karoliina Korppoo, she stressd "fun over realism".
How is it fun to move your ore mines and oil pumps 5 inches every 20minutes? That's not fun at all, even if it might be realistic.

Just saying.

Mhh... now that I think of it, it might not even be realistic, because the mines dig tunnels in different directions underground, and the oil reservoires underground are usually one big super large cavern.
I would argue that when it comes to simulation games like this, the fun is derived from the realism. Simply put, the more realistic it is, the more fun it is.

ristosal

Major
10 Badges
Nov 29, 2016
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
"Crunch" is game developer slang for working extra hours to finish a project.

Fox_NS_CAN

General
1 Badges
Oct 26, 2016
  • Major Wiki Contributor
I would argue that when it comes to simulation games like this, the fun is derived from the realism. Simply put, the more realistic it is, the more fun it is.
Realistically, we should have lots of paperwork to do, file permits, environmental engineering studies to do, and so on before ever building anything. And EVERYTHING.
Does that sound fun?

Sped up time is not very realistic.

I've played a few First Person Shooters, and carried ten or more different weapons plus ammo. Not very realistic. If I could only carry one, it would be more realistic. It would not be more fun though.

There are plenty of things that would make the simulation more realistic and not more fun. Realism is only good when it does not get in the way of fun.

Fox_NS_CAN

General
1 Badges
Oct 26, 2016
  • Major Wiki Contributor
It's not a good idea to have "code names" that give away the project it is assigned to. The whole point of code names is to avoid that.

I'm willing to bet Crunchy has nothing to do with the DLC and is just the name of a snack someone at the office enjoys. ;)
Or Crunchy peanut butter.

Fox_NS_CAN

General
1 Badges
Oct 26, 2016
  • Major Wiki Contributor

Just saying.
Exactly. Depleting resources may be realistic, but for me it sucks the fun out of it. I don't want to keep moving stuff, and eventually get rid of it all and import everything. The fun depletes even faster than the resources. :(

dj97

First Lieutenant
8 Badges
Oct 8, 2014
  • Cities in Motion 2
Realistically, we should have lots of paperwork to do, file permits, environmental engineering studies to do, and so on before ever building anything. And EVERYTHING.
Does that sound fun?
Would it be weird if I said yes (maybe not the the paperwork, but the other two things)?

Of course there should be some acceptable breaks from reality (like being able to speed up time, or being an all-knowing mayor serving an endless term), but when the game is classified as a simulation, I want to play the game for the realism and the verisimilitude. More specifically, I want the world that the game takes place in to be more realistic. In the real-world, for example, resources don't deplete that fast.