Cities: Skylines - I'm on PS4, Roads, Intersections, and Runways glitches during normal gameplay after 12.01 update on Consoles.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SC-GRANT

Private
9 Badges
Sep 18, 2020
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
Describe your issue
I'm on PS4, Roads, Intersections, and Runways glitches during normal gameplay after 12.01 update on Consoles.

What is your game version?
Version 12.01

What expansions do you have installed?

What mods are you using?
No mods since this is the PS4 version.

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Yo! My PS4 copy of Cities Skylines has found these glitches when the 12.01 update came out on Tuesday, September 20,
2022. I have all DLCs (Expansions, Creator Packs, and Radio Stations) installed. This happened the moment I started to make
a brand new city and these "bugs" are now a major problem. When will this be addressed as this just happened on PS4. I do
not know about the Xbox One / PC / Steam / Epic version of Cities Skylines. Reply back as soon as you can. These glitches
happened during NORMAL GAMEPLAY with NO MODS. These technical issues didn't occur in the 12.00 update on September
14, 2022. Overall, this "hotfix" feels like it was not checked before being send out to both Microsoft and Sony.

Can you replicate the issue? If yes, please explain how you did it.
It can't be replicated as it occurs when you zoom in close towards a road intersection, rail crossing, or airport runway.

Attachments File(s) attached

Attachments

• Cities_ Skylines_20220920160857.png
    Cities_ Skylines_20220920160857.png
    3,2 MB · Views: 0
  • Cities_ Skylines_20220920172651.png
    Cities_ Skylines_20220920172651.png
    3,4 MB · Views: 0
  • Cities_ Skylines_20220920191823.png
    Cities_ Skylines_20220920191823.png
    3,6 MB · Views: 0
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Describe your issue
I'm on PS4, Roads, Intersections, and Runways glitches during normal gameplay after 12.01 update on Consoles.

Version 12.01

What mods are you using?

Yo! My PS4 copy of Cities Skylines has found these glitches when the 12.01 update came out on Tuesday, September 20,
2022. I have all DLCs (Expansions, Creator Packs, and Radio Stations) installed. This happened the moment I started to make
a brand new city and these "bugs" are now a major problem. When will this be addressed as this just happened on PS4. I do
not know about the Xbox One / PC / Steam / Epic version of Cities Skylines. Reply back as soon as you can. These glitches
happened during NORMAL GAMEPLAY with NO MODS. These technical issues didn't occur in the 12.00 update on September
14, 2022. Overall, this "hotfix" feels like it was not checked before being send out to both Microsoft and Sony.

It can't be replicated as it occurs when you zoom in close towards a road intersection, rail crossing, or airport runway.

i’m on PS5 and have the same issue after the 12.01 update.

Describe your issue

Version 12.01

What mods are you using?

Xbox one x. I have the same glitches. If I remove and replace the road it will be repaired while I'm playing. Though it may be glitched when I play again.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I am also on XBox One X and experience exactly these issues. I started a new city with the new roads available in vanilla when the 12.00 version was released. I grew the city to about 70K pop and then saved the city. Yesterday when the 12.01 patch was released my whole city has lots of glitches in intersections and paths. If I zoom out the glitches (texture issues) disappear, but when I zoom in close they all reappear. My whole city is full of those texture issues and I dont feel like redrawing alla roads and paths on the whole 70K, 9 tile map…

• 1Like
Reactions:
Describe your issue

Version 12.01

What mods are you using?

I'm on ps5 and my game is doing the same thing. Spikes come from roads, bike paths, and walkways. And if I save and come back the map has craters running through areas that have no buildings.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hi there,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are aware of the issues post our latest patch and our team is hard at work fixing these issues. We're working on another patch that will resolve these issues and we appreciate your patience while we work on this!

I had same problem after installing version 12.1 on my PS4 all my roads and highways are doing exactly what's happening to you hopefully that gets fixed because it's really irritating.

We're aiming for a patch next week!
Thanks for responding to this technical report. It's baffling that the 12.01 update was released in this state as seen in the screenshots
I have provided at the top of this thread overall. We'll see as new patches will fix this in the first week of October 2022. Also, make sure
that everything's check out before this next "update patch" gets released to the public on PC, PlayStation, and Xbox platforms. :oops:

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hi there,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are aware of the issues post our latest patch and our team is hard at work fixing these issues. We're working on another patch that will resolve these issues and we appreciate your patience while we work on this!
Please inform us if the following problems bellow are also being worked on?
I'll try to sum up all the bad stuff on console, if I miss anything, please guys add below. Im on the PS4 Pro.
- Broken textures on streets and ped crossings causing arrow like textures to be displayed all over the city, besides black holes in the crossings;
- All the new roads with the free patch are in ugly low resolution;
- The new three lane with bus lanes, when it crosses with other streets, makes the bus lane a turn only lane, which makes buses that keep on straight to switch to normal lanes for that crossing, which is not realistic;
- Public transport routes keep breaking and de-spawning vehicles (especially buses) causing long queues;
- Bus lines are confused with the new bus only roads and expressways, they keep trying to use it even if their route does not go through it, breaking routes;
- The new Compact Bus Station has conection issues, sometimes I cant place a stop inside it, and when I can, the route breaks shortly after;
- Bus Depots are displaying the "Cant connect to routes" all the time, even though there's road conection, causing some routes to not receive buses, creating infinite queues;
- Creating new bus rountes is very frustrating because the next stop keep displaying "Cant find path" when there's clearly a path, and so you have to be exiting and trying again, or deleting it and starting over;
- Ped streets with bus lanes have a speed limit of just 20, if you have it cross with normal streets the buses will prefer to use the normal streets between stops bc its faster, please update the ped street bus lanes to be the same speed as a normal street, otherwise these new streets are useless;
- placing bus stops in the new ped streets with bus lanes is frustrating as it will be flickering the "Cant find path" if the stops are in front of one another, making us have to place the stops in different segments;
- Some of the new plants added to the game have weird blue/white stripes and look like cardboard;
- There are flickering buildings;
-For some players the new wall to wall specialization buttons are missing, meaning they cant select it, even though they bought the Plazas and Promenades DLC;

Reactions:
Please inform us if the following problems bellow are also being worked on?
I'll try to sum up all the bad stuff on console, if I miss anything, please guys add below. Im on the PS4 Pro.
- Broken textures on streets and ped crossings causing arrow like textures to be displayed all over the city, besides black holes in the crossings;
- All the new roads with the free patch are in ugly low resolution;
- The new three lane with bus lanes, when it crosses with other streets, makes the bus lane a turn only lane, which makes buses that keep on straight to switch to normal lanes for that crossing, which is not realistic;
- Public transport routes keep breaking and de-spawning vehicles (especially buses) causing long queues;
- Bus lines are confused with the new bus only roads and expressways, they keep trying to use it even if their route does not go through it, breaking routes;
- The new Compact Bus Station has conection issues, sometimes I cant place a stop inside it, and when I can, the route breaks shortly after;
- Bus Depots are displaying the "Cant connect to routes" all the time, even though there's road conection, causing some routes to not receive buses, creating infinite queues;
- Creating new bus rountes is very frustrating because the next stop keep displaying "Cant find path" when there's clearly a path, and so you have to be exiting and trying again, or deleting it and starting over;
- Ped streets with bus lanes have a speed limit of just 20, if you have it cross with normal streets the buses will prefer to use the normal streets between stops bc its faster, please update the ped street bus lanes to be the same speed as a normal street, otherwise these new streets are useless;
- placing bus stops in the new ped streets with bus lanes is frustrating as it will be flickering the "Cant find path" if the stops are in front of one another, making us have to place the stops in different segments;
- Some of the new plants added to the game have weird blue/white stripes and look like cardboard;
- There are flickering buildings;
-For some players the new wall to wall specialization buttons are missing, meaning they cant select it, even though they bought the Plazas and Promenades DLC;
I hope that all these technical mishaps in the 12.01 version gets patched this week. Keep our fingers cross until then.

ISSUES STILL NOT FIXED WITH THE LATEST PATCH 12.02:
I'm on the PS4 PRO - If I miss anything, please add below guys - many of there are bus related issues, seems like the update broke them.
- All the new roads with the free patch are in low resolution, very bad looking markings overall;
- All public transport lines continue to randomly display the broken line symbol, causing buses to de-spawn and spawn new ones on the depot, causing bus lines with huge queues;
- All bus depot buildings keep displaying the "Can't connect to routes" symbol even though there is road connection, that is also causing routes to be missing buses as it can't spawn all buses, causing huge queues in bus lines;
- The compact Bus station has connection issues on some of the platforms, when you're setting up a route to go inside it displays the "can't find path", even though there is clearly a path and when I can, the route breaks shortly after;
- Setting up bus routes is incredibly frustrating as the "Can't find path" keeps being displayed even though there is a path, so we gotta keep deleting and doing it all again;
- Speed limits on Pedestrian Streets with Bus lanes is too low (only 20 standard), the buses will prefer normal streets over it if there's crossing, making them completely useless if you dont put a bus stop after every crossing;
- Buses and bus routes are doing weird U-Turns in the middle of roads, sometimes preventing reaching another stop further, saying they cant find a path, when there is a path as the road continues. (its a two lane road, not one way road with no exit);
- The game is crashing randomly now, but especially when im close to sports stadiums on pedestrian streets;
- The new three lane with bus lanes and four lane with bus lanes, when it crosses with other streets, makes the bus lane a turn only lane, which makes buses that keep on straight to switch to normal lanes for that crossing, which is not realistic;
We're aiming for a patch next week!

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-10-07 at 10.42.26 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-10-07 at 10.42.26 AM.jpeg
    277,8 KB · Views: 0