Cities Skylines - Green Cities Announced!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TinyWiking

Team Lead - Customer Support
Administrator
Paradox Staff
89 Badges
Jul 1, 2015
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Limited Collectors Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Prison Architect
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Haemimont Games Staff
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • PDXCON 2017 Gold Ticket holder
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 200k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Victoria 2 A House Divided Beta
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Magicka 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • IPO Investor
  • Eugen Systems Staff
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Surviving Mars
Facebook Release image.png

STOCKHOLM - Aug. 22, 2017 - Paradox Interactive and Colossal Order are preparing to make players green with envy in Green Cities, a new expansion for their evergreen city-builder Cities: Skylines. Coming later this year, Green Cities will allow mayors to make sustainable cities, complete with organic stores, electric vehicles, and new services designed to make pollution a quaint notion of the past. Green Cities will arrive for $12.99 via low-carbon-footprint digital delivery for Windows, MacOS, and Linux PCs later this year.

Cities: Skylines - Green Cities adds 350 new assets to the core game, adding a massive selection of new visual options, complete with eco-friendly buildings, organic stores, electric vehicles, and new services designed to make pollution a quaint notion of the past. Players can create more diversified cities, or go completely green as the urban population grows. New in-game services and buildings arrive alongside revisions to noise and environmental pollution, making the skies safer for Chirper at last.

And that’s just the tip of the iceberg, with exciting new features such as: Story to Story, Building to Building, Street to Street: New Eco-Friendly Buildings, New specialization buildings, new alternative service buildings, new unique buildings, electric cars, new parks -- 350 new assets in all giving a unique new look to Cities: Skylines I Wish I Was Special, You’re So Very Special: New specialized options for all city zones, plus leveled-up specializations for the first time in Cities: Skylines So What So What So What’s the Scenario: New scenarios, new policy options, and a new Monument to make your friends Green with envy Why Do Birds Suddenly Appear More Stylish: Of course we’ve included a flower-crown hat for Chirper.

As always, the expansion will be accompanied by a free content update to the base game, which will include electric cars, road modding, changes to noise pollution, and more beautification options in the form of parks and trees, among other things.

For more information on Cities: Skylines, please visit https://www.paradoxplaza.com/cities-skylines.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there ecological awareness' education also?

Does this mean that you can switch over to green building as you play? Or do you have to select green building from the start of the game, like with the "high tech" or "European" building pack?

Does this mean that you can switch over to green building as you play? Or do you have to select green building from the start of the game, like with the "high tech" or "European" building pack?
My hunch is that it will appear as an option in later gameplay as your city grows- watch this space! Certainly far more interesting than concerts!

OH MAN what a big disappointment this is to me I thought they could be working on something more complex that would add more complexity to the game with more different mechanics and now this? It just looks like they are running out of ideas and trying to push anything out the door to make money like they did with the concerts DLC. SAD. There are multiple assets in the workshop for this.

Will this finally allow me to build a city with a minimal number of roads? I.E. will I be able to zone areas next to walking paths instead?

Electric cars? The opposite being gas, would gas stations be added so that cars don't have an unlimited travel capacity? It would help add another depth of decision making by having to place gas stations in the right places.

This is going to be awesome. Pleased with the new assets, hope the bugs don't affect the budget first. Other bugs will be easy to live with in the first round, but if something burns a hole in my city's wallet I may destroy my cemeteries and let the bodies float down the river into the water supply.

An interesting DLC. I'm hoping that along with this expansion that they will increase the impact of pollution. One of the things I really enjoyed from the Sim City series which I hope CS will adopt is going from building an extremely, heavily polluted city with alot of refineries and manufacturers. With coal and oil being used to power the city, to a High tech, Green, renewable energy source city.
As it currently stand, you are almost better off powering your city from the start with Wind and then move onto Dams. Very rarely do I see anyone start with Coal, and almost never seen anyone use Oil. I was also disappointed not to see Air Pollution. I know they have Noise Pollution but it isn't the same.

I would suggest, adding Wind (which I believe may already be in the game?) Add Air Pollution which can then travel with the wind. Make Coal and Oil much more attractive to use at the start, providing higher power output, cheaper. Players can then work to achieve a greener city as it develops.

I am really missing form the system the air pollution, traffic generated air pollution and wind direction as well (affect ari pollution spreading), especially for THIS expansion! Sad, just like the still missing midle density zoning types :(. I would happy to see more system related content to improve the simulation, rather than the hundredth eyecandy building with their half utilized potential.

electric cars

The "Content Creator Pack: High Tech Buildings" has an "Electric Car Factory". Unique Building. No actual functionality except being unique.
ccp-htb_electric_car_factory_99x77.png

I know about the whole "it's in a different DLC" thing, but it sure would be nice if owners of both "CCP: HTB" and "Green Cities" could get some additional functionality out of it.
Not something that would be crucial to have, that would not be fair, just a nice little bonus for those who bought both.

leveled-up specializations for the first time in Cities: Skylines

Finally.

But please do it logically.
I want these 70 story tall luxury hotels in the last possible level.

If you put enough effort in, maybe something sensible could be done to fix the horrible farm situation too. Make fields and orchards the only lvl1 specialization and allow players to control specialization leveling so that we can achieve a more believable size of farm fields, which are currently a complete fat joke that look smaller than my own backyard vegetable garden.

This is all. Thanks for putting in one useful mechanic besides just pumping it up with assets and calling it a day.