• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

willelliw

Recruit
12 Badges
Apr 4, 2015
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
Is there any plans to make it work in Windows 7 32-bit too?
My computer is 32-bit and I really want to play this game, but not so much that I will buy a new computer for it...

Happy easter everybody! :)

Upvote 0
You can try installing windows 7 64-bit. You existing product key works with it. It is totally free.

You will however, lose all of your data, so you'll need to backup your files and reinstall all of your programs.

Here's a link to Microsoft to download the windows 7 64-bit installation software and how to burn it to USB for an installation USB drive.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-recovery.

I doubt there will be a 32-bit version as this program uses too many resources for it to run at all. 32-bit is very outdated and most programs are moving to 64-bit finally as 32-bit has a limit of 4GB ram and most system today are 8gb RAM or more.

32 bit is just not supported for most modern games anymore. And it's about time too. As noted you can installed 64 bit with the same key. Or wait until fall and get Windows 10 64 bit for free (it's a free upgrade from Win 7 and Win 8).

Thanks for your advice, I'm not sure if I dare to install 64-bit, every time I have tried to do something with the computer I have failed :(
Will see, I might try to find another computer for free with 32-bit and try to install 64-bit before I try on this one.
Got the one I have now for free and the place I got it from will probably have more of them :)

And the Microsoft software recovery site says this about my product key :(
Unsupported Product
The product key you entered appears to be for software that was pre-installed on a device. Please contact the device manufacturer for software recovery options.