• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lizzie255446

Recruit
Nov 25, 2021
Describe your issue
Crashes when trying to start the game

What is your game version?

What expansions do you have installed?
(DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

What mods are you using?
No mods

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
When I press play, the following text appears in a pop-up:

The game crashed.
The crash report folder named "2021-11-25_202740" next to game executable.
It would be great if you'd send it to the developer of the game!

When this shows up, the launcher closes and I have to start from scratch to try and open the game.

Can you replicate the issue? If yes, please explain how you did it.

Attachments File(s) attached

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    430,6 KB · Views: 0
  • City skylines, start.png
    City skylines, start.png
    1,8 MB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
The crash report folder named "2021-11-25_202740" next to game executable.
It would be great if you'd send it to the developer of the game!
Can we get the contents of that folder please?

I'm getting this same issue - I tried looking up the folder and I can't find one with that name on my computer
Yours will not have the same date and number as the OP's, but whatever your copy of that message says will be there. As it says, it is next to the game's executable cities.exe

Actually looked closer and realised it's a memory issue, RIP

In that case set up a custom-sized pagefile of 32000 MB if you haven't already (both min and max size). If that doesn't help, reduce workshop content and make sure to close any apps running you don't need while playing the game.

This is what is inside the folder

It looks like you have Citrix Workspace installed. Uninstall Citrix to get the game working. If you need Citrix Workspace, then there are a few workarounds to have both working together.

If you're on Windows 10 the easiest way is to uninstall Citrix and then install the version from the Windows 10 App Store. It lacks the feature that causes problems with Unity games.

Alternatively, you can reinstall Citrix from the Command Prompt using the following command:

Code:
CitrixWorkspaceApp.exe ADDLOCAL=ReceiverInside,ICA_Client,AM,SELFSERVICE,DesktopViewer,Flash,Vd3d,WebHelper,BrowserEngine

(there's a space after the executable name like a typical parameter)

This will install Citrix Workspace without Workspace Hub which has the Citrix Casting driver causing the crashing.

It looks like you have Citrix Workspace installed. Uninstall Citrix to get the game working. If you need Citrix Workspace, then there are a few workarounds to have both working together.

If you're on Windows 10 the easiest way is to uninstall Citrix and then install the version from the Windows 10 App Store. It lacks the feature that causes problems with Unity games.

Alternatively, you can reinstall Citrix from the Command Prompt using the following command:

Code:
CitrixWorkspaceApp.exe ADDLOCAL=ReceiverInside,ICA_Client,AM,SELFSERVICE,DesktopViewer,Flash,Vd3d,WebHelper,BrowserEngine

(there's a space after the executable name like a typical parameter)

This will install Citrix Workspace without Workspace Hub which has the Citrix Casting driver causing the crashing.
I have uninstalled it, and it still doesn't work. I get the same error.

Please attach the files from the latest crash folder so we can see if there's something else besides Citrix playing a role here.

No problem! Great to hear you got it working again :)