Cities: Skylines - Concerts - Dev Diary #1: Update to the Concerts miniexpansion

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

CO_Miska

Developer
Oct 23, 2014
Bring the Noise!

Cities: Skylines - Concerts is a mini-expansion for Cities: Skylines that gives you the power to plan and present major concerts. It features music and images from Rock, EDM, and Pop/Folk bands - as well as a new music focused radio station, and released on August 17th.

band-playing3.JPG

Based on player feedback we’re now pumping up the volume by adding more ways to increase the effectiveness of the Festival Area. With the update we are adding three new buildings and each of those have certain synergies with the Festival Area and the band performances. We’ve also updated the animations of the crowds who come to enjoy the music!

New Buildings
There’s three new unique buildings coming with the update for Concerts DLC.

Festival Fan Zone
Festival fan zone is a place to party, when your citizens for some reason can’t get to the actual festival area. There’s the best speakers in business and big screen to give your people live music- and video feed from the festival area. Merchandise booth makes sure everybody is looking good and food and drink stands are there to keep those party people energized for the whole event.

A Festival Fan Zone Increases the concert success chance by 5%.

screenshot_fan_zone.png

The Music Club

When the festival area is preparing for the next big event, Club C is the hippest place in town to check out big stars and upcoming talent. This old industrial hot spot has found new lease of life under the vibrant music scene of the metropolis.

The Music Club increases the ticket sales of the concerts by 10%.

screenshot_clubc.png

Media Broadcasting Building

Those who say radio and tv is dying haven’t visited the brand new high tech Media Broadcasting Building. Non-stop radio programs ensure you are always in the loop what’s happening in the city while biggest names of the small screen are recording their weekly shows in front of live audience in their own high end studios. It’s impressive broadcast tower makes sure everybody knows what’s the main topic of the day in coffee room conversations.

A Media Broadcasting Building increases any active Ad Campaign’s effectiveness by 20%.

screenshot_broadcasting_building.png

All of this, as well as the new crowd animations, will be added to the Cities: Skylines - Concerts DLC on October 19th.

GIF--Clap-applause-good-job-nice-one-clapping-Despicable-Me-Minion-Minions-GIF.gif

Really nice! :D All credit to the creators for the best game ever and the great work with the expansions! But I really miss one thing in the game and that's fireworks shows. That would be completely awesome! I hope it will be added in a future expansion or update :))

How about adding more music genres? Country/Bluegrass, classic rock and classical (with their own custom stages). Popup concerts in large parks? Street performers? Music venues for fairs and festivals?

I'm looking forward to using the Concerts DLC in my cities. I haven't done so as yet, but this patch makes it sound worthwile. I'm very much looking forward to the new DLC and patch.

Last edited:
Does modder can use the mechanic of the Festival to create new Festival? I love concert, it added great to my CMF zone (and the new fan zone will be great!)... but the Workshop CMF asset would be interesting if it could be converted!! Also, there is many "Clubs" on the Workshop, working as tourism and pleisure, will it be possible to convert them with "Club C" bonuses??

BTW anybody like those commercial specialization? I would have rather loved to see a new zoning than specialization. I've put a Tourism spec in a district, and got 20 hotels... no other buildings..its kind of detroying the purpose of hotel when tourist need to go elsewhere to shop! And plopping 4 districts to have leisure and tourism and commercial is not great looking! I think Zone/Area would have been more useful than Specialization... even for industrials...

Keep the good work!!

We’ve also updated the animations of the crowds who come to enjoy the music!

At least it doesn't seem to have banned dogs from seeing their favorite band.

Might need a pooper scooper budget slider though. o_O
;)

Wait what was released on August 17th?

The "Concerts" mini-expansion DLC was released on 2017-08-17.

https://skylines.paradoxwikis.com/Concerts
https://www.paradoxplaza.com/cities-skylines---concerts/CSCS00DSK0000018.html
http://store.steampowered.com/app/614581/Cities_Skylines__Concerts/

Now they are updating it a bit... 3 new Unique Buildings and some animation improvements. Update due to be released on 2017-10-19 alongside "Green Cities" and "Content Creator Pack: European Suburbia".

Can't you do a major DLC/Update, where you introduce medium density zoning? That would be a HUGE (read it in a Trump voice, well you probably did already) deal for many players.

Also I'd love to see the possibility for farm towns with large farms (maybe farms only zoning with HUGE - yes again - farms?).