Cities: Skylines Campus Expansion Announcement

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm not sure why everyone is complaining about the short time to release. I, personally, am thrilled that the time between announcement and release is so short. The wait for Mass Transit was agonizing for me, especially since I didn't want to start a new game as I knew there would be more content coming.

Could not agree more my friend !

I'm not sure why everyone is complaining about the short time to release. I, personally, am thrilled that the time between announcement and release is so short. The wait for Mass Transit was agonizing for me, especially since I didn't want to start a new game as I knew there would be more content coming.
Agreed.

I am excited about this new expansion dlc but I hope the dev were at least allow a customizable tier schooling system. Frankly I understand that most European nation does not have a middle school nor junior high school. I, would whole heartily welcome the idea.

I personnally have no problem with the short time release, just surprised, but don't buy it immediatly.

Frankly I understand that most European nation does not have a middle school nor junior high school. I, would whole heartily welcome the idea.
I don't even know what is a Junior High School. But it seems similar to the french school progression :
In France you have maternelle (small child, up to 6-7 years), école primaire (8-12), collège/lycée (12-16/16-18), then université or any "enseignement supérieur" thing.

I personnally have no problem with the short time release, just surprised, but don't buy it immediatly.

I don't even know what is a Junior High School. But it seems similar to the french school progression :
In France you have maternelle (small child, up to 6-7 years), école primaire (8-12), collège/lycée (12-16/16-18), then université or any "enseignement supérieur" thing.

Totally the same here in Italy. Their Junior high school is our "primaire".

Nova Scotia, Canada

Elementary School (Grades: Primary, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6) (Age 5 to start "Primary".)
Junior High School (Grades: 7, 8, 9)
High School (Grades: 10, 11, 12)

Despite those 3 distinctions, locally for me the schools were split into six different buildings. (Seven by the time my sister went through a few years later.)
P-1
2-3
4-5
6-9
11-12

I'm okay with the schools the way they are in Cities Skylines though. You are never going to match everyone's experience.

French system is still the same as the game system so in a sense there are not similar to system that I am referring. The system most famous for its three distinct classes can be found in certain Asian country. The aspect of the middle school is famous here in the U.S.

Have the delivery mechanics been worked on with the update? There is an annoying issue with warehouses next to unique industries that do not fill orders. A warehouse menu item labeled "factory only" added to the fill, balanced & empty items would fix this. If not is there a mod that is designed to change warehouse behavior.

Same.

And it comes just in time for all the college students to get out for the summer, too.

It's more to do with how they handled announcements with their earlier DLCs and general communication compared to how they do it now. With the first few DLCs (After Dark-Parklife), announcements were made a few months in advance. and during down time, they had a few "Word of the Week" journals; just a few words about how the development is coming along. Now (with Industries and Campus), you go through months without hearing ANYTHING from them (It's gotten so bad to the point that I know that I'm signed out of my Paradox account when the "Official Information and Announcements" board is emboldened).

It's the whiplash from going from having regular updates and journals spread throughout the year, to having months-long silences (it's been half a year since they said anything after Industries' release) that gets me upset. Although I can see the psychological benefits of having a short announcement-release time, I would much rather have smaller regular updates spread throughout the year than months of no communication, and then a spike in official posts.

It's the whiplash from going from having regular updates and journals spread throughout the year, to having months-long silences (it's been half a year since they said anything after Industries' release) that gets me upset. Although I can see the psychological benefits of having a short announcement-release time, I would much rather have smaller regular updates spread throughout the year than months of no communication, and then a spike in official posts.

I agree with you. Although I really like how they reworked their Paradox YouTube Channel by having tutorials from well-known players and such, I miss having some continuity in reports and updates from devs instead of the sudden spikes of activity amidst months of tumbleweed engagement :p

So, I wasn't sure where to put this, but the king Leno content pack YT release implies that the assets from it are not a separate theme toggleable from the in-game mod that turns themes on and off in districts. Is this the case, and if so can it be changed to behave like the European Suburbia content pack? I'd rather not have those gray uni buildings clashing with the pastel vanilla buildings...

So, I wasn't sure where to put this, but the king Leno content pack YT release implies that the assets from it are not a separate theme toggleable from the in-game mod that turns themes on and off in districts. Is this the case, and if so can it be changed to behave like the European Suburbia content pack? I'd rather not have those gray uni buildings clashing with the pastel vanilla buildings...

I like the look of the King Leno stuff, he does nice work.
I do however agree with Timmysoboy on this, I would like to be able to determine where it grows the same way (or some better non-mod way) that you can with "European Suburbia".