• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The ONLY official thing that's confirmed about the free update is the new Trees by MrMaison from Workshop. Although they have said there's more and bigger surprises incoming in this free update, most of them are rumours:

-Upgraded game for PS5/XSSX
-Increasing of number of tiles (debunked)
-Seasons (Unlikely)
-Mountain peaks with snow
25 city tiles will be included in Cities Skylines 2...

What happen to older aircrafts / aircrafts from the workshop. Are these big / medium / small aircrafts?
They will be medium as that's the template they're based off. Creators are able to update them or release new versions based of the big/small templates to add variation to those.

So how does Airport tie into the game? I have seen already some videos and can't wait to get my hands on all the DLC but I'm on the fence if I should start a new city or just start with one of my previous cities. Normally I start building an airport around the time I start abandoning a save. Is this DLC meant to keep big cities going or should your city grow with the airport? Most of the other DLC kinda was made in a sense that it was logical to start a new save. Now it seems like a waste of time to build an entire city to build an airport.
It unlocks at milestone 4 and can be a pretty small airport at the start, which grows with your city. Or you can leave it as a project for a large city. Airports tie into tourism and how attractive your city is to visit will directly impact how much air traffic your airport will have.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Anyone know if the runways have to be connected at both ends? If you have multiple runways can they be take off or land only? I don't recall anyone touching on this in any videos so far?
Yes they do. I don't think the AI is smart enough to do a take off or land only runway, and I don't even think that's a thing irl as it wouldn't be good for the tarmac and a waste of potential capacity.

Hey there! We are ready to take-off with excitement over our Airports expansion announcement! As the release date is over a month away while many within the Cities: Skylines community are taking time away to celebrate holidays and the incoming new year, we will hold off on releasing additional information such as dev diaries or new feature videos until mid-January when everyone is back to experience and enjoy. So keep an eye out for these sorts of awesome releases on our social platforms in the new year and keep building exceptional cities!
concourse is missing, i paid for the dlc. can you help me solve this problem?

• 1Like
Reactions:
I've got the same problem, not sure if its mods causing it or game error. Im using unlock all, move it and some others.
Hello, are you talking about the missing vehicles error, like double decker bus, articulated bus, high capacity metro train?

I also have this problem, and even integrating into my transport lines "basic" vehicles I also have the problem.

Unable to play at the moment

Yes they do. I don't think the AI is smart enough to do a take off or land only runway, and I don't even think that's a thing irl as it wouldn't be good for the tarmac and a waste of potential capacity.
I had the same question. It is annoying to see planes wait ages to take off because a plane spawns at the edge off the map. - If I can use one runway for landing and one for take off - this would be fine.

Hello, are you talking about the missing vehicles error, like double decker bus, articulated bus, high capacity metro train?

I also have this problem, and even integrating into my transport lines "basic" vehicles I also have the problem.

Unable to play at the moment
Not as far as I've tested. For me, I don't have access to any concourses and the rest seems to work. However, i haven't bothered playing and setting up transport because of missing concourses