• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalaar

Recruit
8 Badges
May 18, 2020
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
So assuming that there is a Cities: Skylines 2 in the works somewhere I thought it would be great to have community suggestions and input into what form that it takes. I've read somewhere that there is talk of introducing countries or something but that doesn't especially interest me. It would be great if Colossal / Paradox setup some sort of user voice forum where people could submit suggestions and vote on them to help shape the new game. If anyone knows of such a thing please let me know - I've not been able to find it.
Barring that I thought I might use the forums here to at least submit some of my thoughts. Now some of this might be included in mods available but this is what I would like to see added to the base (un-modded) game.

Roads/Network/Traffic
  • Enable PROPER MERGING LANES like those you might find in real life, with various options for lane markings like you might find.
  • Customisable road builder available in game, allow the creation of custom roads in game specifying number of lanes in each direction, with each lane being able to be of a different type sidewalk, car, bike, bus, tram and allow the addition of regular props along the way, trees, lights, signs, post boxes, seating. Allow these to be created as presets that you can save to use in your city.
  • Improved Traffic AI that lets cars change lanes anywhere and not just on nodes but also makes better use of multi-lane roads instead of queueing up in one lane the whole way.
  • Allow trams to return without needing a roundabout!!! In fact can you bring this into the current game also - this is ridiculous.
  • Include some basic features from Traffic Manager mod such adding Give Way/Stop/Through, adding and removing stop lights and setting which lanes can turn or go straight (I know that you can add and remove stop lights and stop signs in game currently but the UI for that is awful).
  • Include a net picker so piece of network on the map can be selected and then used to lay down more of that network. (Yes I know there is a mod for this - build it into the game! So handy.)
  • Include a basic roundabout builder that can select the type of road to be used and size. Roundabouts are fundamental and building them should be part of the base game. Doesn't need all the bells and whistles of the mod as long as it can still be enhanced in a mod.
Infrastructure
  • Allow power networks to be created underground similar to water pipes.
  • Remove the power zone created around structures and introduce overhead street power lines instead that can then be replaced with underground power networks as a later unlock. More like real life city planning considerations.
  • Add data networks to the game so that internet cabling and 3G, 4G 5G towers can be added potentially onto existing building structures. Make data networks improve happiness of people and efficiency of businesses.
Graphics
  • Improve the graphics engine to allow even greater detail - Unreal Engine 5 anyone?
    The more the game looks like a real city the better!
Assets
  • Allow assets to be stretchable to match (to a certain extent) the curve of the road. This might leave the building unchanged but stretch the garden/outdoor (Fencing/hedges) area to stretch bed around the road, creating less gaps between assets, or allow all or part of a structure to flex a certain amount to the curve. This would create more realistic blocks where there is no no-man's land like there is in the game now.
  • Introduce the concept of seasons and allow Assets to have different appearances based on seasons, particularly trees & vegetation. Maybe the option to have snow or not on other assets.
  • Allow some assets particularly train stations to be placed without being connected to a road or to connect onto an existing train line instead!!!
    Currently if I want a station to line up to a rail network I need to guess where the rail bit of the station will be and create a road in about the right place to put the station then hope that the rail lines up nicely.
  • Ability to have more rounded assets and structures
  • Find It mod built in.
  • Ploppable RICO built in.
Terraforming
  • Improve the UI to smooth terrain, perhaps be able to paint an area and then have it smooth it out to the edges or surrounding roads.
  • Allow placement of Trees and vegetation on steep slopes
  • Be able to paint an area or brush with a combination of vegetation, select a mix of tree, plant or rock assets adjust the % of each and have the game randomly place these assets in the area in the desired concentrations.
  • Paintable pavement and other surfaces that can optionally be bordered by roads or structures (rather than plopping down odd shapes to try and fit). Have these surfaces be able to crop the vegetation underneath. (I hate seeing the grass come through an outdoor pool asset - very annoying.)
  • More tools to make more natural looking terrain like water courses and cliffs would be nice - I'm not sure how what exactly here, I just know that I find this a challenge.
Audio
  • Allow music to be pulled from playlists in Google Play Music or Spotify. Allow the option to insert the in game adds in between these tracks through.
    I grow tired of the ones in game and I find it somewhat objectionable to buy music packs that have a few more songs that I'm not that keen on either.
  • MORE in game radio adverts! These are awesome but there needs to be more! :)
    Can this be modded or become assets that the community can add into the game also?
Other features:
  • Asset and mod profiles - allow the game to be started up with different sets of mods and assets available as presets defined by the player to play the game in different styles. Or make these presets shareable also in the community so that people can start with recommended packs from community members.
  • Challenge mode - I really enjoyed the community challenges that Biffa put out for biggest city in 30 mins and worst traffic, it would be great if these challenges could somehow be defined and then posted out to the community to attempt with all the appropriate restrictions in place.
  • EDIT: Almost forgot 81 tiles in the base game, & perhaps with option to go larger if resources permit.

Anyhow I think there's a few other things that I've though about while playing the game that I've forgotten to include in here. Mostly I just want more/better of the same game - not too dramatically different from the present game, if significant new features are added that take the game in a whole new direction then they need to be done as options so that the people who have come to love this game for what it is can continue to do so.

Finally I would love to hear what others think of this list of mine and especially if you too would like to see a feature list / suggestions site that can take community votes on each feature like the Microsoft User Voice or other software companies use.
What other features would you like to see that I have not thought of or included here?

Last edited:
  • 15Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
*moved from other thread

This is what I would want from Cities II

SCALING

One thing that constantly bothers me with C:S is the incoherent scaling. People (Cims) and vehicles (apart from ships and aircraft) seem to be scaled accordingly. Buildings, on the other hand, are not realistically scaled. A large (4x4) family house has the same footprint as factories and skyscrapers. I want to see a coherent scaling across the board. Also, for a title with the word Skyline, I was hugely disappointed with the way skyscrapers and highrises were implemented. I want to see proper skylines next time.

MAP

Even with 81 tiles, C:S is just not large enough anymore. With a whole new engine (hopefully) we should expect much larger maps than currently. I would like to see at least an 800Km2 map (30x30km).

REGIONS

This could both augment the larger city maps and provide us with a far more interesting economy simulation, where you can trade resources (and manpower) between cities. Examples to follow: Caesar III, Workers & Resources, and Builders of Egypt, etc.

HIGHER LIMITS

Even now the imposed limits on roads, buildings, cims, vehicles, trees, nodes are laughably low and restrict players from building on even 25 titles (modded). I know these limits should correspond to the 9 titles, but why give us the option of 81 tiles then? Gaming systems are far more capable now than in 2014/15 and should be able to handle at least 4 times the current limits. IMO it would be best to simply remove most of them and allow people to tailor the game limits accordingly to their hardware. * Detect hardware and adjust settings?

TRAFFIC SIMULATION

• If the AI from Traffic Manager could be the default setting I would be very happy. Especially if we were provided with the same tools to tailor our road/rail networks.
  • Parking - While this is somewhat represented in the game it is flawed and essentially pointless since pocket-cars are a thing. Remove the pocket car and "force" the player to consider parking spaces when they design new districts. This, in turn, makes the concept of carless city centres a viable alternative and would allow us to recreate a Vince-styled city.

MORE AGENTS

This ties in with 4 and 5. I’ve seen mods that increase the number of parked and moving vehicles, but again. I want to see this number raised significantly. Computing power has increased significantly since 2015 and anything less than a major increase would be a disappointment.

MODULAR BUILDINGS

This, in particular, should be focused on airports, harbours and train stations. CO could easily craft some prefabs for the newbies and "lazies" while tender to the very creative players (and in effect provide room for newcomers to expand into). In addition, this would a fantastic thing for the modding and asset creating community. In addition, the already inbuilt editor mechanics could allow us to make custom assets for rapid plopping. There is literally a ton of opportunity for creativity here, and credit to CO for taking some of the first steps in the right direction. It just needs more polish and content. This mechanic could/should also include education, firefighting, policing, healthcare, marina, etc.

ROAD, RAIL, & NETWORKS

• Finer engineering accuracy with 1m increments (or better) - modding has covered this, but it should be part of the base game. The game should also be far more lenient with the placement of objects as long as they don't visually collide with each other. This, in turn, should make it possible for us to create rail over road or double-decker highways.
  • More control over what type of junctions we create. Toggle traffic lights was a step in the right direction but I also want to control if there are any pedestrian crossings and if the junction is a cross or T junction.
  • Parallel road tools included in the base game.
  • Slip-lanes and merge lanes should be a thing.
  • Proper roundabouts.
  • Automatic road toll. Norway's AutoPASS system should be a logical upgrade to the archaic toll booths. This should tie in nicely with an Era progression system)
  • Revamped bridge construction. Give the player far more control over the types of bridges they want to build. Golden Gate, Øresund, Sydney Harbour, Brooklyn. These are just examples of what I want to see. Most importantly they should be scaled correctly as they are truly MASSIVE structures. Combined rail and road bridges and drawbridge would be awesome additions here... Boformer has already demonstrated the latter was possible with the current game, although I don't know if it was feasible to implement?
  • Canals. While these already are in-game, their implementation leaves much to be desired. First, I don't get why canals and quays cant be connected seamlessly. Second I really wish we could control the width and depth of canals and perhaps also give us a bit more control over the aesthetics e.i. concrete, brick, marble, steel, etc. It's way too generic.
  • Quays. Again already in-game, but too restrictive. I want to be able to change the depth and type of quays. Perhaps even have quay construction as part of the Port mechanics where you can select if ships can dock there (Berthing) and what type of ships. I would also like to be able to make perfectly sharp corners as this is how most quays actually are when you look at maps and photos.

MISC

• NO multiplayer. I don't care for it, I don't see the benefits of it, and most importantly, do not want CO to waste their resources on it. If it has to be included, then do so without DRM and always-online. Let me opt out of it entirely. (This I do have faith in CO not doing after EA's epic failure)
  • Fewer DLC's. I do not mind DLC's as long as they provide actual content and value. Mass-transit was a joke with most of the content already modded - and even worse, it was totally inferior to the modded alternatives. Realistically I know the DLC spam will be carried over to new games, but I just feel obligated to state my contempt for that policy and its poor implementation.
  • More crafted scenarios. I still remember the scenarios from SimCity 2000 with prebuilt cities - labour intensive but something that could eventually be added.
  • Different eras. Start in 1950, 1990, 2010 - you get the picture. Build with art deco or some futuristic stuff. Again, this would be awesome for asset creators.
  • PC only, at least for the release since constraining C:S II to what will always be inferior consoles is just not a good idea for longevity. I know this will fall before deaf ears because of the sweet, sweet dosh, but it has to be said.
  • More accurate water simulation. This should allow us to make more realistic shorelines and rivers.
  • Higher/deeper terrain limits. Just double or triple the current limits so we can have proper Mountains.
  • More types of zoning densities and mixed-use zoning. There should be a more gradual increase in building size and height than currently implemented. Having more type of zone densities could be an expedient way of doing it. Another would be to give the players actual district control over how large and tall buildings may grow in certain areas. The current system doesn't cut it.
  • Marina. I remember these from Simcity 2000 and I wonder why practically no other game since then (Maybe SC4 did it too, can't recall) have done this. I am especially disappointed with Sunset Harbour as this was the PERFECT chance to implement this to make shorelines far more interesting. Instead, we got a half-baked fishing industry, but I guess some talented modders could turn this into actual marinas?
Agree with every single thing, but the pc only suggestion.

• PC only, at least for the release since constraining C:S II to what will always be inferior consoles is just not a good idea for longevity. I know this will fall before deaf ears because of the sweet, sweet dosh, but it has to be said.
  • More accurate water simulation. This should allow us to make more realistic shorelines and rivers.

Agree with the points but we have to keep in mind that unlike the previous generation of consoles, current ones are quite powerful with latest graphics technology and what not. I'm sure they would be able to handle computing and graphics of the sequel in much better way. And I'm also certain that the release would be like last time, as CO works only on the PC version, it would be released on PC first and then ported later to consoles as then they will have the base to release it to the larger audience.

PLEASE Paradox, I hope you listen to this idea:

Me and my girlfriend we love your game, but currently there is no way that we can build 2 different cities in the same map, and be separate from each other, meaning separate stats for population, separate economy/profit for each small city, as if they were from different 2 countries. We always thought: "Wouldn't it be cool if we could kind of divide the map in two, and take turns playing 5 minutes each with it's 'country'? And after 1 hour of both playing we could already see massive differences, like North Korea and South Korea. Maybe one of us has a much more developed country/cities and the other one a more beautiful one, with nice European buildings and bicycle roads."

It could just work the way that Districts do already! But instead of Zoning the district freely, it could have a cost, meaning that the more prosperous nation will be able to claim more land in the map. The countries could be divided by walls, or not. They could be completely divided, or cooperate and trade with each other helping each other prosper.

I REALLY hope you guys listen to this idea, it would be like a "local multiplayer" but not really. Yes one will be able to play the game with at least 1 more person, and each person having a portion of the map, but without the need for internet! This would make the game SO MUCH more fun! Cooperating with each other, competing with each other! One could even send the save game to a friend and he/her could build it for an hour, and send it back!

I feel this is especially important in these times of isolation, it would be extremely beneficial to have a way that allows us to play with a friend, or a roommate, or one's partner.

I really really hope you read this!

P.S.: Couldn't it be just an update to the "districts" function? At least allowing one to see how much money that district is producing, and what percentage of the total money that district has?

Thanks!

• 1Like
Reactions:
After binge watching Not Just Bikes on YouTube, I need Cities Skylines 2 to have lots of traffic calming measures and shared roads for pedestrians, bikes, and motor vehicles. Also I now have an intense desire to move to the Netherlands.

Actually, I've come to realise this is the main problem with Cities Skylines - it's tailored for big, car-heavy cities, built around a North American zoning model. If you want to build a cozy, quiet town you need to either plop down lots of oversized assets, or get all your parks, services, and roads from the workshop.

• 1Like
Reactions:
PLEASE Paradox, I hope you listen to this idea:

Me and my girlfriend we love your game, but currently there is no way that we can build 2 different cities in the same map, and be separate from each other, meaning separate stats for population, separate economy/profit for each small city, as if they were from different 2 countries. We always thought: "Wouldn't it be cool if we could kind of divide the map in two, and take turns playing 5 minutes each with it's 'country'? And after 1 hour of both playing we could already see massive differences, like North Korea and South Korea. Maybe one of us has a much more developed country/cities and the other one a more beautiful one, with nice European buildings and bicycle roads."

It could just work the way that Districts do already! But instead of Zoning the district freely, it could have a cost, meaning that the more prosperous nation will be able to claim more land in the map. The countries could be divided by walls, or not. They could be completely divided, or cooperate and trade with each other helping each other prosper.

I REALLY hope you guys listen to this idea, it would be like a "local multiplayer" but not really. Yes one will be able to play the game with at least 1 more person, and each person having a portion of the map, but without the need for internet! This would make the game SO MUCH more fun! Cooperating with each other, competing with each other! One could even send the save game to a friend and he/her could build it for an hour, and send it back!

I feel this is especially important in these times of isolation, it would be extremely beneficial to have a way that allows us to play with a friend, or a roommate, or one's partner.

I really really hope you read this!

P.S.: Couldn't it be just an update to the "districts" function? At least allowing one to see how much money that district is producing, and what percentage of the total money that district has?

Thanks!
I love this idea.
You could make some really neat scenarios with this system, too, both cooperative and competitive.

I like the idea of seperate players having their own seperate sides of the same map to work on, but the part about them having to take turns every 5 minutes doesn't make much sense to me...at least not if they're playing on seperate computers connected over the internet or LAN. And even if they're on the same computer, what's to stop a single player from playing all "sides"?

No, I think for a multiplayer to work, keep the part about the multiple players having their own sections of map and their own money budget to work with, but all players involved build their cities at the same time, until the multiple city sections meet up and essentially become one big city.

Better map making options, such as none square expansion lines
None highway starts including national road, rail station, and ship harbor, for more verity when starting a new city.
Allow map makers to edit expansion areas, to better conform the the terrain they have created. City expansion rounds off these corners.

Better Freight waypointing, including allowing industrial zones placed adjacent to rail or quay to directly transport goods via train or ship

There is not a single bad suggestion here!!! Here are some of mine:

• Real-time clock option. An option to enable/disable real time clock sync with the day/night cycle so that the sun sets in your city when it does out your window!
  • Emergency service areas. Let us define and restrict the operating areas of crematoriums, trash facilities, fire trucks and police stations with precincts or jurisdictions. This will allow for more custom control that would enable us to improve efficiency and tailor response time. For example, if I have a tiny fire station in a small town at the edge of the map; I want to be able to restrict its operational area to THAT town and the outlying farms so the response time is low. I don't want that fire truck responding to a fire 4 KM away. This would REALLY help with trash and body collection A LOT.
  • All FOUR seasons in temperate maps. Allow us to build winter assets in any city type, they just don't go active until it snows.
  • VERY tight control over goods import/export. The option to deny the import and export of goods so that we can support our city with 100% in-city manufacturing.
  • Trade deals. Have an in-game job board where we can import goods from other AI cities to supplement our manufacturing.
  • More dev-created tile sets at launch. American, European, Mediterranean, Middle-Eastern, Asian, and FUTURISTIC! Maybe we want to build Night City... ;-)
  • Deeper oceans, higher mountains. Just an overall increase in the span of the height map.
  • Altitude effects. Let it snow in the mountains.
  • More disasters. Blizzard, flood, hail, hurricane, volcano, heat wave, meltdown, pandemic.

Reactions:
Not sure if anybody has mentioned this, or if I'm alone in this, but I really miss the detailed crime aspect from sim city 4 and would love to see something like that brought back and expanded on. Instead of just overall "crime" , have the different types of crimes (arson, shootings, assault, robbery, drugs, gangs etc.) and have them be in relation to neighborhoods. Like certain choices in city planning and design can lead to certain areas to have different styles of crime which effect the look of the city (maybe areas with high shootings, gang activity and etc. have a lot of graffiti and more hood-like architecture and urban commercial/residential buildings. More suburban areas that are slightly neglected could have more suburban like crimes like drugs, break in's, drunk driving etc.) I feel like it would add a new aspect to the game and would make it a lot more realistic as well. I'm sure there's more thought that can be put into it that makes it unique to the gameplay and experience, this is just off the top of my head. Also maybe stronger difference in suburban and urban commercial and residential buildings. Like how in real life there's both low and high density in both areas but the styles on architecture differ depending on whether you're in a rural area, the suburbs, city or the hood. Basically, a household or place of business is going to look different in each area (rural, suburban, city, inner city/hood).

Also wanted to add that I really liked the different country idea i seen somebody put! I Would also like if you could have other towns or states too (instead of just boroughs). I loved the borough feature I just think it would be cool to have seperate towns/cities within the same map. And if they could work together or be connected (via airports, trains, import/export and even play eachothers sports teams).

Last edited:
Reactions:
  • Better water physics/better looking water
  • Even bigger maps
  • Mixed zones
  • Modular/expandable buildings (I feel this was a very good feature in Sim City worth copying)
  • More granular road editing (be able to add a bike-line/parking/trees without rebuilding the whole road/need to look for a specific road on the workshop)
  • No more pocket cars
  • Proper Merging lanes
  • Bigger buildings/generic industries
  • Possibilty to focus economy more
    • High tech manufacturing needing very good educated people and infrastructure
    • Silicon valley needing good educated people, research facilities, high tech manufacturing, possibily grants
    • Petro chemical needing lots of oil infrastructure
    • Financial center
    • tourism needing sights and attractions, hotels, nightlife, good inner city public transportation or taxi servies, good city connection infrastructure (habour, train or airport)
    • Entertainment
    • Gambling
  • Not everyone living in a 5* vila (balance in economy, take inspiration from Anno 1800), also possibily gentrification and it's issues
  • Less empty spaces between buildings (gardens/parking/asphalt filling spaces on f.e. curved roads)
  • private usage of water ways (boats, surfers, jetskiing)
  • "view" contributing to land value
  • park-like cemeteries

• 4Like
Reactions:
Workers barracks, dormitories. People should actually reside in them.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Here is a list of ideas, including

parking garages and parking lots, Thea would help solve the problem of Pocket Cars

bus and emergency vehicle only roads, self explanatory but would be useful for creating Bus Rapid Transit systems

dedicated Busways for buses only, similar to the above, but would only allow for buses and the busway would look like that of the OBahn in Adelaide.

mixed use Zoning, basics having buildings that function as both Commercial and Residential, as I know some cities have now

25 tiles are definitely needed for larger cities, and for those of us trying to build real cities in game

real mods on console, being an Xbox player, I’m quite frustrated with the lack of real mods for the game

articulated buses, self explanatory, these would be unlocked later in the game along with the Bus Rapid Transit stuff to support larger amounts of passengers

Bombardier and Translohr Guided bus systems. These buses are similar to trams in a sense that they follow a single guide rail in the middle of their guideway route. They run often times at street level. The bombardier system can run off of the guide rail for parts of its journey, but it still would need overhead wires to power it. The Translohr system is stuck running on its single guide rail for the whole route, but can run off of its wires for a short distance if needed. These would make very fun types of transit for some cities as they can climb steeper grades than standard trams, up to 13 percent grades. Options are needed for center platform and side plate form stops

modular transit hubs. This is a huge yes, as new assets to add to it could be unlocked with DLC content so you can actually build massive transport hubs to cater to all the forms of transit you run, I would love to be able to build a huge train station in the middle of a city with connections to Monorail, Cable car, tram, Guided bus’s, bus rapid transit, and even Automated Guideway Transit

automated guideway transit, a new transit type that works in larger airports, downtowns(Miami being an example), and even shopping centres. This would be a great form of transit for the base game and would be unlocked at the second airport unlock(more on that next). These systems could be built below or above ground, with the ability to place them above the roads as well.

as for the Airport ideas, the airports would be modular as well to fit in with modular transit hub designing, the first of which that would be unlocked is the basic airport stuff, the second one is where airports start to expand to new sizes, including a new runway, more places to enter planes, and an Automated Guideway Transit system to connect areas, the third one would be to make airports much larger.

these are all the ideas I have time to write, as I have many many more ideas for game content

Not sure if anybody has mentioned this, or if I'm alone in this, but I really miss the detailed crime aspect from sim city 4 and would love to see something like that brought back and expanded on. Instead of just overall "crime" , have the different types of crimes (arson, shootings, assault, robbery, drugs, gangs etc.) and have them be in relation to neighborhoods. Like certain choices in city planning and design can lead to certain areas to have different styles of crime which effect the look of the city (maybe areas with high shootings, gang activity and etc. have a lot of graffiti and more hood-like architecture and urban commercial/residential buildings. More suburban areas that are slightly neglected could have more suburban like crimes like drugs, break in's, drunk driving etc.) I feel like it would add a new aspect to the game and would make it a lot more realistic as well. I'm sure there's more thought that can be put into it that makes it unique to the gameplay and experience, this is just off the top of my head. Also maybe stronger difference in suburban and urban commercial and residential buildings. Like how in real life there's both low and high density in both areas but the styles on architecture differ depending on whether you're in a rural area, the suburbs, city or the hood. Basically, a household or place of business is going to look different in each area (rural, suburban, city, inner city/hood).”

for the crime aspect that you mentioned, I agree wholeheartedly, as I would love to build a “red light district” in my city where crime is higher and whatnot, as some cities have them. My own mega city project would be perfect with a higher crime rate in one part of the city and all sorts of interesting issues such as the ones you mentioned.

Some more ideas for ingame content include these ones

Maglev and Hyperloop systems for longer distance travel, only some maps would have connections with at least one map having connections to both of them and regular rail. The Maglev system would wor great for bringing passengers into the city and out of the city, while the Hyperloop could specialise in cargo. These would be unlocked near the final list of unlockables for the game due to how advanced they are

more Asymmetrical roads in the base game, the two lanes on one side, one on the other (2:1) from the Mass transit DLC is nice, but it’s not good enough for making real cities, as there are plenty of asymmetric roads such as 3:2, 4:3, 3:1, and some others.

Also needed are roads with center turning lanes which would have a total of five lanes.

more variety’s of One-Way streets. These would be 3 lane, 4 lane, and 5 lane one-ways as well as different versions with some form of transit or bike lanes on them as well.

alleyways, these are always useful in a city, and emergency vehicles sometimes use them as well depending on the need to. They should be only one lane wide as they don’t get used very much.

working drawbridges, these would be great features to add to the game, maybe one of each type of working bridge could be a monument or a special building that can only be placed once, although more would be a lot of fun.

Pedestrian only roads that can be zoned along, as well as transit only roads that allow zoning. Many real cities have at least one of the above, and it would make for more people friendly cities.

Hello! I just posted a suggestion on the forum called "The biggest game changer" where i suggest a multiplayer feature and also explain it a little :>

multi-player is a must. I would love to play with others and build cities together, but we would need 25 tiles in the base game, especially on Xbox, which is what I play on, since in general there is just not enough space to build everything from the DLC from the current game as is. Having 25 tiles in the second one would be awesome

Reactions:
Absolutely! On PC we actually have 81 tiles mod, which unlock all the tiles that the map has, bc in vanilla maps have all the 81 tiles, but u can only buy a fixed amount if I'm not mistaken

• 1Like
Reactions:
Absolutely! On PC we actually have 81 tiles mod, which unlock all the tiles that the map has, bc in vanilla maps have all the 81 tiles, but u can only buy a fixed amount if I'm not mistaken

yeah, on console we are stuck with the base nine that we can get, but when making real cities, such as my own hometown of Columbus, Ohio, 81 really is the amount I need, but 25 helps to model a part of the city. I say that because a lot of my larger projects for realistic cities are of larger cities, although my hometown is not that big, it’s still bigger than even 25 tiles

All maps are 9x9 (81 tiles). The game lets you build 9 tiles within the 5x5 (25 tiles) in the middle. This always leaves at least 2 tiles to the "edge of the world" from where you can build. Helps keep things looking a little more real. Also allows you to buy different tiles on different playthroughs of the same map.

There are 25 tile and 81 tile unlock mods for PC on the Steam workshop. If your PC is powerful enough, it can manage the larger cities you can build. If your PC is less powerful, or a console, well, there is a reason there's only 9 tiles unlockable.

Services and resources/goods (industry) can come from anywhere on the map, not always the closest source. This can cause some difficulty in 9 tile (or less) cities. Can be much worse on the larger 25/81 tile cities.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.