• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Singleton Mosby, please try to run my savegame, maybe you'll get the same problem too.
Download "Vienna1.rar" (2.2 Mb)

After looking at your network of lines and stops (you have a lot of stops and many very long lines with a lot of vehicles on them), I was going to make a new metro-line on the excisting stations. The line was finished but when I assigned a metro to it the game crashed. I am not sure what's the matter, it might be the number of stops or vehicles but not the number of lines. I have passed it on to the devs.

Aww, that's a shame.. Do you mind if I ask what the signs say?

6eqkok.jpg

I think it says:
HANNOVER
BAD _______
WESTKREUZ

KREUZBERG
LICHTENBERG

It's pretty weird, because all these places are located in Berlin!
Also, in this picture you can see another type of freeway sign. I know that this might sound quite rude, but could you please take a pic of that freeway sign too? :>

This kind of highwaysigns (shown in the screen above) aren't common here in Austria. If that screen is taken on A1, Westmotorway, there should be "Linz, Salzburg" and "Knoten Steinhäusl" on the sign.
But that's absolutely minor. There are many way more important things to do.

But that's absolutely minor. There are many way more important things to do.
;)

Oh wow, does that mean that nobody has built during the bet-testing that much stops and lines?

Don't think so, actually. I estimated the stops and vehicles my own save and there appear to be more of both. So something else is wrong with his save. But hey, that's were early builds are for.

Singleton Mosby, I caught the bug when trying to rebuild the transportation system in Vienna in 1920. Glitch occurred with a train at a railway crossing. At first I thought it was a catastrophe on the idea of gameplay. But it is now 1922 and all trains, road traffic stuck on a level crossing until now. See the picture:
bugiwu.jpg

PS: I have savegame - Download Vienna2.rar (2.11 Mb)

Last edited:
Singleton Mosby, I caught the bug when trying to rebuild the transportation system in Vienna in 1920. Glitch occurred with a train at a railway crossing. At first I thought it was a catastrophe on the idea of gameplay. But it is now 1922 and all trains, road traffic stuck on a level crossing until now. See the picture:

PS: I have savegame - Download Vienna2.rar (2.11 Mb)

very odd

Was anybody, with the Beta, able to reproduce Sonik's bugs? Cause I have not encountered them.

Why is this supposed to be better than Transport Giant?

Humm... I liked Transport Giant, and this product makes me think of Patrician 4, after Patrician 3. I don't see the advantages in anything but graphics, and, for an essentially schematic and structure game like this, all one needs is route and flow shows, no? Especially disturbing is not having combined medium stops -- bus and tram. What's with that, since that's the reality of urban transit -- inner city to outer suburbs...?

-- Maybe, if the AI is very good and the world doesn't overflow -- as in T.G. -- with annoyed commuters coming out of the woodwork. And, most important, and the thing the accounting office always overlooks these days -- having modding tools!! -- where, the money to the game designers comes from new workings of the game engine, not new vehicles or new products to sell. Patrician 4 bombs because it's marketed to role players, and role players don't want to watch grass grow, the way conscious people do, since it's all about them and not about the real outer world at all.

One says, that only through seeing how the world works, does one become conscious. A game like this, which might model possible actualities, possible expansions of cities as affected by public transport, is real and valuable. But, a program basically, functionally, only placing scooters on a sidewalk and watching them putt-putt is just another pac-man. no?

I don't see the advantages in anything but graphics, and, for an essentially schematic and structure game like this, all one needs is route and flow shows, no?

No disrespect intended, but if all you want is schematics and route-lines, why not play with a grid-lined notepad and a few mathematical formulae?

I quite like the visual style of the game, and assuming that the gameplay lives up to the graphics I can see myself having a great deal of fun, which I have never had in one of the countless isometric low-res transport simulators out there which tend to be more concerned with accurately modelling the esoteric designs of Moldavian trains than fun gameplay. That's not to say there is no niche for games such as that - it's just not a market I'm interested in.

I think this game is more of a Traffic Giant spiritual sequel, as opposed to Transport Tycoon sequel.

And whereas Traffic Giant had proper balance and proper simulation of traffic, this game fails at that.

I'd say, devs should play some Traffic Giant and see how its done. Keep the graphics and some mechanics, but the numbers of everything (economy included) have to be adjusted.