• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
wow that's cool - so people can park if there parking spot present so that's means people can park and get out but if no parking spot then car vanishes in pavement then human appears - so what the grey icon appearing over the apartment that he going in - but its entry icon for person visiting - right?

The icon is the destination for that person. I have no idea if he lives there, works there or what he is going to do there.

Question, are you able to build car parks, like two story car park as time progresses?

No, that isn't possible. There will be a map editor for CiM in the final build though. Something I look forward to as it is something like playing SimCity and then make the city you just build come alive and start building a transport system in it.
The devs wrote a bit more about the maps here.
CiM Devs said:
When all the buildings and roads are in place, the last things to do are place props and name all the streets and areas. It’s a huge task! Maps are used as a reference when naming the streets, so every road you find in the game exists (or has existed) in real life. To top it all, the levels have a timeline, so after building the whole city in the first possible year (1920) there’s still a hundred years of changes, upgrades, and expansions to each city!”

Last thing to share before I continue with the regular posts is the first appearance of new buildings in the city. First is a picture of Vienna when I started the sandbox game. Second is the block of buildings and a new road which is just being build near the theater in september 1930. So, the changes don't all happen at once at the end of a five year period but over time.

2dqt2sz.jpg

x80ib.jpg

Last edited:
Game looks so nice... it makes me want to get it more and more...

Is there a day/night effect like in the morning people want to go to work. Once they are at work, only few people need to commute until it starts again when they want to go home.

Same about some other elements like train at the station. If I'm not mistaken, you can see train and plane on the map, do people arrive at your bus station of the train station at the same time ? when a train arrive ? Or they come without any visible rules ?

Can you tell me if it's possible to have complex affectation of buses ? Like I have a line A, a line B and a line C. Line A reach B and C at the end of its line and B and C start there. And I want buses of line A to continue on line B or C (depending of the bus). All this also with bus on line A, B and C only at the same time.
Or do I'll have to create a line D which would be A + B and a line E which would be A + C and do it manualy ?
(if I'm not clear, I want for instance, 1 bus on A, 3 bus on B, 3 bus on C, 2 bus on A + B, 2 bus on A + C without having to create a new line)

Edit : when I look at your lat picture, I'm a bit disappointed as the buildings and the road are the same as those on your screens of the first page. So this means city developement is always the same (maybe with other date, but still).

Last edited:
23udf0z.jpg

Efficiency and Overview

By the end of Q2 of the first year two bus-lines and a tram-line are in place. I have seven buses and a tram in my 'fleet', a small fleet but the start of something big. High time to take a look at the profit being made by these three lines, efficiency of the lines and customer-complaints. For this purpose there is the 'rosters-tab' in the menu. You can select the vehicle roster to check which are breaking down often, not making a profit, etc, or by stop: which are the most frequented stops, are the passengers happy or very unhappy. By analysing the rosters you can take out buses from one line and put them on another one.

hskzg8.jpg

33ubera.jpg

Another option of information is the 'Manage vehicle' tab in the lines menu. As you can see I have five buses in my “Station to Center” line. At the moment they are all making a healthy profit but apart from the stop at the station there are barely any waiting passengers. The two buses coming towards this stop both hold only three passengers out of a capacity of twelve. I'll just take one out, the one with the red arrow, once it has picked up its passengers from the station stop and they have paid for their fare. You have the option to either sell the vehicle or bring it into the depot. I do the later as I will need it in the near future on another line or perhaps want to bring it back on the road for this line.

2ev59xe.jpg

kd8hs5.jpg

Checking out the second “Northern Industrial”line I find a fair amount of people waiting at some stops. In fact, there are too many waiting for the two buses to pick up and as this is a fairly long line it might need another bus. So the Livingston Ocelot I just took off line 1 is now put to good use on line 2.

rkcxol.jpg

Similarly the Northern Center tram-line, the only tram-line at the moment, is attracting more and more passengers. And even though trams are faster and more efficient then buses there are too many for the single one currently running on the line to pick them all up. By early august waiting passengers start to grumble and I buy another tram for the line.

ay6bg3.jpg

Good. If only the city didn't look so deserted... I hope that's only beacuse the game is still in beta, and that there'll be more people on the streets or squares like the one seen in the last picture.

Good. If only the city didn't look so deserted... I hope that's only beacuse the game is still in beta, and that there'll be more people on the streets or squares like the one seen in the last picture.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...-in-Motion&p=11847753&viewfull=1#post11847753

Keep up with the AAR Singleton! What names did you have in mind for Amsterdam btw? The family Tokkie? Hmm, I think I'll have a lot of fun editing the names file if the vanilla one will be a bit unimaginative :D

Keep up with the AAR Singleton! What names did you have in mind for Amsterdam btw? The family Tokkie? Hmm, I think I'll have a lot of fun editing the names file if the vanilla one will be a bit unimaginative :D

I didn't have any specific names in mind altough it would be fun to see the Tokkies running around Amsterdam. I was just wondering what Fins would make of Dutch names.
The skin of tourists should be a bit different as well of course ;)

First I wondered why the street names were German, then where the canals were and then what the heck Danube was doing there. Then I found out, the game had Vienna in it, not Venice :wacko:

Keep up the good work - This definitely looks cool!!

Edit : when I look at your lat picture, I'm a bit disappointed as the buildings and the road are the same as those on your screens of the first page. So this means city developement is always the same (maybe with other date, but still).

Same here. The cities need a random growth algorithm, otherwise it kills the replay value. Can't be very difficult, games like Transport Tycoon and Simutrans both have them.

There seems to be boats so I guess a Venise map could be possible.
Yeah, having buses in Venise isn't the best way to move.

Venice, that be a great map: no motorised vehicles allowed on the island. Gondola's and Cruise ships left out of the scope of a transport planner. So that would leave just the waterbus. Sounds like fun :p

Venice, that be a great map: no motorised vehicles allowed on the island. Gondola's and Cruise ships left out of the scope of a transport planner. So that would leave just the waterbus. Sounds like fun :p

Sounds like a nice mod ;)

As always, Mosby, you're a treasure on the forum. Nice AAR. Looks like a beautiful game. Thanks for taking the considerable time that I know it takes to write all this.

As always, Mosby, you're a treasure on the forum. Nice AAR. Looks like a beautiful game. Thanks for taking the considerable time that I know it takes to write all this.

Thanks a lot mon generale ;)

23udf0z.jpg

The arrogant Italian and the Theatre Line

33b08px.jpg

2qk31a9.jpg

While working on the efficiency of my current three lines an arrogant Italian artist called Giovanni suddenly turns up. His favorite theater needs a better connection. 'So what Giovanni?' O wait, he is prepared to offer me a nice reward for it. Well, in that case I will take a look at your problem and perhaps build you a nice little bus-line. Problem is, the theater is on the edge of the city and in an area which holds little interest for me at the moment. Positive is the fact the theater is a point of leisure for all seven social groups. Close to the theater are the Hofburg Palace and the city-hall, both a governmental destination. If I build a line it could thus be put to a double use.

20t2fcy.jpg

The theater and other points of leisure

6xw4gp.jpg

Governmental buildings

The requirement I set for this line is that it is relatively short and has a few stops with one or two buses. Thus I let it run past two existing stops (maintenance for those is paid already) and then make a loop around the theater before returning to this point. Six stops in total might be sufficient.
I decide to let the line loop at the crossroad near the city-hall and thus let it run past both sides of the avenue between the palace and the theater. Unfortunately this isn't possible and thus I have to go all around the theater. As you can see it is possible to loop at a cul-de-sac.

24zadme.jpg

fkwupe.jpg

The complete, finished line has eight stops instead of the intended six, well ok as long as it makes me a little profit. I call it the Hofburg Palace line named after this magnificent building. A building modeled very well. Is it at the right place in the city?

2j604g6.jpg

2a9xx60.jpg

15y7yfm.jpg

This game looks like the beautiful child of a marriage between Simcity, Transport Tycoon and Tropico. And to top it of, Amsterdam is one of the featured cities!

Looks like a classic in the make.

Looks great so far! I have two questions however:
1) How large are the maps? Are really the whole cities present on the map, or only the city centres?
2) How is the time scale? Someone already asked, but: Do passenger flows change over the whole day? Or do buses travel whole weeks like in Traffic Giant?