• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wien is just gorgeous! So much details, very nice.

Looking forward to play this game. :D

Looks great so far! I have two questions however:
1) How large are the maps? Are really the whole cities present on the map, or only the city centres?
2) How is the time scale? Someone already asked, but: Do passenger flows change over the whole day? Or do buses travel whole weeks like in Traffic Giant?

1. The map is quite large but can't be called huge. At the moment (1930) Vienna is relative small, the city center and some outlying neighborhoods, but growing. It remains a stylized version of a city but the gives the feel of a big city. Altough this might be a personal thing.
2. There is no day and night and no weeks at the moment.

keep up the great work, I would like to know can use the airport and how does that come into play in the city in 1930 to 1950
can please post some screenshots of the airport

There is a small airport which looks 'antique'. I haven't seen any planes in the air which you will see later on, at the end of the 20th century. Apart from a source of passengers there is little you can do with the airport, as far as I know.

Last edited:
Planes are included in CiM but you can't medle with them. They are pure scenery.

Here are some screenshots of the Vienna airport in the '30's and the '90's.

2i6i7bq.jpg

Is it me or does that look cool?

2qvw1u8.jpg

30vk4s7.jpg

21lilts.jpg

:)

2e2jqx0.jpg

4j9o2u.jpg

2ailw8g.jpg

The only way to alter the airport is by building a heli-platform on its terrain.

2cr0s3b.jpg

amazing - a good detialed buildings but when the older buildings retire - such 30's buildings - usually either rebuilt in new terminal or demolished - good examples you seen in UK and others

Flughafen!

Really nice, we should get airport control in a future expansion. Couldn't we? uh uh?

I'm wondering now when I see what you did :
Is it a little bit too much "build and watch" ?

For instance, in your AAR, there is a gap between april and august (if I read correctly on screen) which is completely empty of building/managing action. Is it because there is nothing to do ? because you didn't want to do something ? or maybe because you didn't have enough cash ?

I'm wondering now when I see what you did :
Is it a little bit too much "build and watch" ?

No, I have been continually building apart from one time fastforwarding a month to see how a line developed. As you will see in a future post (tomorrow) there is always a lot to do and at some times it can be quite hectic. Altough that can be my inexperience of course. This is my first game (apart from the tutorial) and I tend to do some rather stupid things (more about that in a post tomorrow as well ;)).

thanks singlon mosby for the airport screenshots, I hope by release dated in 2/2011 the game will filled with great many things,

i hope you can show the subway line in your next set's of screenshot's, or show a list of vehicles for the buses trams and subway

trains. it would help.

aleksander

Wow. I may have to consider getting this one. Historical transportation! One of my favorites.

I have two more questions, and dont forget the previous one about the objects in the stations.

- The weather is dynamic? (Rain, sunny, snow...)
- The game shows a diagram with the lines, like a simple map?

You can't edit the stations, if that was your first question.
At the moment there is no weather but it would be nice if they included it in a future version.
And yes, the minimap shows the lines and stops, colorcoded by type.

23udf0z.jpg

Lines, parades and accidents

Nice to show is the stops which now have a two lines. The Schönlartngasse stop has both the Hofburg Palace and the Tourist-line buses stop there. As you can see the passengers don't hop on to any bus which passes but only the bus which brings them to their destination. Thus it will be possible some angry passengers are standing at the stop waiting for a bus for line A while an empty bus for line B drives past. I am not sure yet if passengers are willing to take two lines to get to their destination. Thus will a tourist get on at the station, descend the bus at the Schönlartngasse stop and then hop on the bus which brings him to the Palace. Kinda difficult to find out.

29c0zsy.jpg

30hq07p.jpg

Apart from the occasional breakdown other things might happen which halt traffic in the city. You'll see accidents when two cars slam into one another and stand there for some time, smoking and blocking the crossroads. I have seen a demonstration or two and, how appropriate for the 30's a military parade. As you can see all traffic is halted until the parade is over. They will march down the street, about-face to their point of departure and then do it all once more. The parade always takes place on the Rotenturmstrasse and thus two bus lines and my tram-line are affected by it.
Speaking of which, it is about time to build the Southern Center tram-line.

See, there it is:

29p5anp.jpg

2burfr.jpg

Now, as you can possibly 'deduct' from all the unhappy faces in these two pictures I have run into some major problems. Interesting as they are, I will make this into a little cliffhanger and write about it in the next post.​

Haha ! 119 people waiting at a bus stop when the next one is totally empty. Nice challenge.

I see that the color of the line changed between the 2 screens, you did something or this was automatic ? (or maybe note the same line but it seems to be the same).
Also, I see overall that people are not very please with your services... soon you'll hit the red spot (the little red/yellow/green bar at the top left).
Doesn't seem to be as easy as what you showed us, which is really nice as I was starting to think that it was easy to please people.

Haha ! 119 people waiting at a bus stop when the next one is totally empty. Nice challenge.

I see that the color of the line changed between the 2 screens, you did something or this was automatic ? (or maybe note the same line but it seems to be the same).
Also, I see overall that people are not very please with your services... soon you'll hit the red spot (the little red/yellow/green bar at the top left).
Doesn't seem to be as easy as what you showed us, which is really nice as I was starting to think that it was easy to please people.

It is not easy to please the people at all. And that is indeed the current problem I am facing. That and something very, very stupid I did myself.

The two screenshots are of the same line and I don't know what caused the color difference. It might be that I opened the line in between the two shots.

But what is more important than military parades/weather is the functionality of the game itself. I am quite certain that the Dev's read this AAR, and by asking such unimportant questions, you give the impression as though these are important things, which means devs will focus on making weather and pretty parades instead of improving functionality.

And Singleton, could I suggest that you make an experiment? You said it yourself, but actively try to find out if it is possible for passengers to go to their goal with 2 or more lines (even switching between modes of transport). This is a VITAL feature in any transportation game, as it is what modern public transport systems depend on.